trial day 46: the defense continues its case in chief #138

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the impression there are two issues, one legal which necessitates ALV's return and the other ALV's health issue and judge reminding her that she is still under subpoena etc

Jm was done with his questioning. Willmott said she didn't want to follow up so this must be a private thing that we won't be informed about.

Samantha issue or something like that I guess. She is done as far as her testimony I think.

HS. Smackdown by the judge to ALV. Whoa

:eek:

From the judge:
"This takes priority so you need to be here either Tuesday or Monday"
Alyce battles on...
"Miss V don't tell me your personal issues."

I think the judge has had enough of ALV whining and complaining. She put herself in a HIGH PRIORITY trial and she is not treating it as such. I'm glad to see the judge finally put her foot down publicly. I wonder how much has gone on behind the scenes that we do not know about besides her complaining about people being mean on the internet.

This has to be about her approaching Sam. KCL posted that she was aware, that a party she wished not to name, was admonished yesterday.

I would think if ALV was admonished that would be the end of it. jmo

I apologize then. I didn't hear that JSS said "As you all know". I just hear the tail end that "is dismissed for the duration of the trial". I didn't even hear what juror no. it was.

So perhaps there isn't anything hinky. I'm just surprised they didn't break for the weekend and hope that he felt better by Monday.

:nono: No need for apology at all! It is very easy to understand where you were coming from. :blowkiss:

I loved the "please don't tell me about your personal issues", it has made my day!

uh oh.......this must be something we don't get to see involving ALV.

what??!!? anyone know?

'don't tell me about your personal issues.'

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::great::floorlaugh::great::floorlaugh::great:

I have not had time to watch any of it today, but can I take a positive guess that they may finally have enough to impeach ALV?????

Does being "excused" mean the same as "removed" ?? Is it possible he will be back on Monday ... just not sure ???

The judge did say "excused" because he was ill ... not "removed" ....

Excused means finished. Just like when the Judge excuses a witness, they are free to go. Juror #11 has left the building, and is no longer a juror in this case.

Whoa, there is "another matter" Judge Stephens wants to take up with ALV.

I think something serious has happened. Thus, Sam and Tanisha crying. JA is not, she seems very calm and happy to be on camera.

uh oh.......this must be something we don't get to see involving ALV.

what??!!? anyone know?

'don't tell me about your personal issues.'

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::great::floorlaugh::great::floorlaugh::great:

Speaking to Samantha. Juror question opened the door.

So they let Poquito go with like 20 minutes left? Instead of just breaking for the day??

Over maybe cold/bronchitis?

Color me crazy - but he would have all weekend to recover from his cold/bronchitis. Why release him with 20 minutes left, and a 2 day weekend to stay in bed. Antibiotics, Nyquil -- he'd but up in no time. If he was still sick on Monday - then release him.

Something else was the reason IMHO.

MOO

Mel

This has to be about her approaching Sam. KCL posted that she was aware, that a party she wished not to name, was admonished yesterday.

do you know when kcl posted that? I'm assuming in the observers thread?

Does being "excused" mean the same as "removed" ?? Is it possible he will be back on Monday ... just not sure ???

The judge did say "excused" because he was ill ... not "removed" ....
The judge said that juror number 11 is ill and is excused from further participation in this trial.

I disagree, that was hardly his "only" point.

Agree!

There is always a method to Juanderful's madness. The man has prosecuted countless cases, has a 90% conviction rate.

The talking heads on TV were annoying me beyond belief with their Monday morning quarterbacking regarding his questioning of Jodi and LaViolette.

Even Jodi ("I don't understand you because you're all over the place" and "You talk in circles") and she learned quickly that he was keeping her off balance so that she couldn't detect a pattern to the questioning and construct her answers.

Juan caught her so many times: "Ma'am, didn't you just tell us that 30 seconds ago? Do you remember that?"

And he did the same thing with LaViolette.

He hasn't missed or overlooked one single thing. He knows exactly what he's doing and there is an awesome reasoning behind his work.

The witnesses want so much to know "his direction" ... I say sit in the chair and leave the driving to the Prosecutor. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV