trial day 46: the defense continues its case in chief #138

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While it won't matter in the final outcome of this trial, I get the impression that Judge Stephens does not like Ms. LaViolette. :moo:

It's been awesome to be part of the discussion here today. I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend. Adieu.

reading reviews on amazon isn't looking at things about the case though. she's probably gotten messages on her website (i assume she has one) and maybe phone calls or something. i know she's gotten a lot of flack from many quarters.

Expert witnesses are exempt from the admonishment.

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov

Here are the official court records. There is nothing filed about ALV feeling intimidated/threatened and therefore, it inhibited her testimony. I call rumor on that one. :moo:

4/11/2013 012 - ME: Trial - Party (001) 4/11/2013
4/10/2013 012 - ME: Trial - Party (001) 4/10/2013
4/10/2013 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 4/10/2013
NOTE: DEFENDANT’S MOTION TO COMPEL; JOURNALS SEIZED FROM MS. ARIAS’ JAIL CELL ON OR ABOUT APRIL 1, 2013
4/9/2013 012 - ME: Trial - Party (001) 4/9/2013
4/7/2013 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 4/8/2013
NOTE: MOTION TO PRECLUDE; ANY AND ALL EVIDENCE RELATED ANY WEIGHT ASSESSMENTS OR TESTING ON SHELVING AT PLACE OF DEATH
4/7/2013 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 4/8/2013
NOTE: MOTION FOR MISTRIAL ; INABILITY TO PROVIDE EFFECTIVE ASSISTANCE OF COUNSEL DUE TO PROSECUTORIAL MISCONDUCT
4/4/2013 012 - ME: Trial - Party (001) 4/4/2013
4/4/2013 012 - ME: Trial - Party (001) 4/4/2013
4/3/2013 012 - ME: Trial - Party (001) 4/3/2013
3/31/2013 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 4/1/2013
NOTE: MOTION FOR MISTRIAL: JUROR MISCONDUCT
3/31/2013

It's in the 4/7 motion for mistrial. Someone posted a PDF of the actual motion, and it includes several parts, including the harassment of defense witnesses.

When the youtube videos are up, go back over the portion at the end where the judge is talking to ALV about the schedule. Right before that exchange the judge inquires whether someone is in the courtroom. To me it sounded like she (the judge) said "Grace Ho". Was there not a journalist named Grace Ho who covered the Scott Peterson case?

I have watched that ... the judge called her name and the lady was in the courtroom on the back row. She stood up and yes she would be there Monday to testify but I can't make out her name. Who is this lady?

My response to that motion: Cry me a freaking river!

I sounded like a jealous middle school girl making an argument that the girl she thinks is prettier than her in class should have to be in another class so that she's the prettiest girl.

Oh and Salem Witch Trials...seriously?

Defense just wants off the case before their career is damaged!

Question:
As someone who didn't follow the Casey Anthony trial; did the defense team of CA have as many mistrial motions as does Jodi Arias' defense team. I am just asking because this is my first trial, and thus this seems like an exorbitant amount of mistrial motions.

tia...

Yes, probably more, but they weren't so bad as saying he threw his pen give us a mistrial. And Judge Perry was quick to hear argument and deny every time. Too bad they didn't get a mistrial b/c a different juror would probably have convicted her.

I kinda remember the Salem Witch Trials coming up in that case via a motion as well, but I might be wrong.

Question:
As someone who didn't follow the Casey Anthony trial; did the defense team of CA have as many mistrial motions as does Jodi Arias' defense team. I am just asking because this is my first trial, and thus this seems like an exorbitant amount of mistrial motions.

tia...

Yes. Maybe more. Not sure but they had several.

Excuse me if this has been asked 1000 times but what are they hearing testimony about on Monday and who is this woman who is testifying?

Question:

tia...

They are desperate. They want out. A mistrial allows them to walk away, and jodi has to get new lawyers.

While it won't matter in the final outcome of this trial, I get the impression that Judge Stephens does not like Ms. LaViolette. :moo:

Agree, I get the impression that she's been a right royal pain in the rear from day 1. The toilet breaks she needed earlier, and now doesn't seem to need to, the illnesses, leaving her phone on, not answering questions, needing to be reprimanded by the judge, approaching Samantha, then stuffing up everyone's schedule by needing Monday, no Tuesday, no Monday off - as in make an appointment and stick to it so we can work around it, but do NOT say you have one but haven't nailed down the day!

The woman has been a pain to deal with, and we aren't even privy to what's been going on behind the scenes.

This is a horribly written Motion for Mistrial. ITA that JA wrote this. Run on sentences, poor grammar, lack of punctuation, redundancy are a few of the highlights. Why Nurmi would sign this poorly written document is beyond me.

If Jodi wants a fair trial, then maybe she should stop tweeting about JM. I hope JM brings this up on Monday morning. The murderess can't have it both ways. Mean ol' Mr. Martinez -- I think I'll bash him publicly through my bff Donovan.

:banghead:

:rocker: You hit the nail on the head! Well put!

'cyber bullying' - i dont think that its about that - the judge seemed ticked. i think/hope that it has something to do with her approaching Travis' sister. According to HLN someone in the gallery witnessed this and a victims advocate (of some sort) approached Travis' sister to let her know that she does not have to put up with that. Her response was 'Juan's on it'... I hope that this is what it is about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forensicsdropout