trial day 47: the defense continues its case in chief #143

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG I cannot believe that the DA was allowed to completely waste a day away on such silliness! Unbelievable!

moo

the judge should have just said no court today since it's looking like there won't be. i just feel so bad for the jurors. doing your civic duty shouldn't be this much of a hardship, IMO.

The NY times report of the suspect is that it was a 20-year-old Saudi who was arrested with severe burns on his hands. From what I can piece together from various articles, it appears he planted backpacks in trash cans. The link is earlier in this thread.

They should ask Juan Martinez to prosecute him!!!!

Awesome! Now whenever she asks you for anything for the next 6-12 months or so, just remind her you were there in the audience rooting for her. Eventually, she'll get so tired of the stock answer, she'll stop asking. I think. ;)

(The whole 'Do you even know how many months of bed rest I was on?' has proven especially effective with my squeamish 11 year old son. Now, I get: 'Here, Mom, would you like your slippers?' and 'Here's a blanket so your legs aren't cold.') I should write a parenting manual! :floorlaugh:

DD? What I miss? I've been in and out

The NY times report of the suspect is that it was a 20-year-old Saudi who was arrested with severe burns on his hands. From what I can piece together from various articles, it appears he planted backpacks in trash cans. The link is earlier in this thread.

---------------
Since this was a World Wide event they should draw straws as to who gets to take the perp out in backyard...and SHOOT HIM!!

:seeya:

the judge should have just said no court today since it's looking like there won't be. i just feel so bad for the jurors. doing your civic duty shouldn't be this much of a hardship, IMO.

No kidding! Why didn't she just have these hearings next Monday when the jurors won't be there? I don't get it! :banghead: Instead tell them to come in today at 1:30 to sit around and twiddle their thumbs!

So there has been no word from juror 11 yet.I hope he is well,but curious what he is thinking!!

How can his opinion determine a fact in issue, regardless of his qualifications? Drawing a stick person on an eyeball by joining some white blobs is purely subjective!!

Now we have Merlin the Magician to add to our cast of characters.

YES, and how much is this expert going to cost!

Awesome! Now whenever she asks you for anything for the next 6-12 months or so, just remind her you were there in the audience rooting for her. Eventually, she'll get so tired of the stock answer, she'll stop asking. I think. ;)

(The whole 'Do you even know how many months of bed rest I was on?' has proven especially effective with my squeamish 11 year old son. Now, I get: 'Here, Mom, would you like your slippers?' and 'Here's a blanket so your legs aren't cold.') I should write a parenting manual! :floorlaugh:

She was a SURPRISE baby who came along after my other 2 were well in school. She was also my bedrest baby! She hears from her dad all the time *You were suppose to be the easy one!*LOL

I don't see a DOG-gone thing except for the drawing he makes on the image. In that image, I see her reaching (with the arm on the left) behind her back and pulling a knife out of her waistband. Yea, I know.....I really don't see the knife! Other than that, it's clear as mud.

Like somebody else said, it's like looking at clouds, you see one thing, and I see another.

Or seeing faces in a slice of toast or a chunk of cheese. Silly, pseudo-science. :moo:

OMG I cannot believe that the DA was allowed to completely waste a day away on such silliness! Unbelievable!

moo

Defense, not DA, but yeah. I totally agree. This has degenerated into absolute lunacy.

Why would they want to end their case with this eye crap? Minimal benefit. Jodi already admits the killing. Plus the pic of the face is at 5:29:20 and the first accidental pic is at 5:31:14, lots of time to grab her knife

IMo, every thing they have offered has been crap.

I know. it's bar-none the most infuriating thing. Then they talk for 5 mins how you didn't miss anything.

When they were doing juror questions they literally asked 2 questions and then it was back to commercial.
I can't even watch it anymore.. it's a money grab and a complete joke.

ITA!

I've got my computer connected to my 46" TV via HDMI cable so that I can watch the live feed without the HLN nonsense, and while waiting for the trial to resume in one browser window I can stay busy with other things (i.e. WS) in another browser window.

When I hear the door close I switch back to the trial and can watch in fullscreen.

It's the best way to go.

There IS court today. It's just not all televised. It's not a TV show, it's a real life trial.

The way I understood Nurmi: The evidence would bolster Jodi's claim that she had both hands on the camera and was holding it at chest level. Ok . . . but so what? She said she was squatting. Almost a minute passes between that pix and the one of the ceiling. So, again, huh?

That is true on the time, certainly easier to believe weapons were fetched in 60 seconds from her bag or pockets, when they ask us to believe all her other activities occurred in 62 seconds.

WildAboutTrial @WildAboutTrial

Still waiting in the hallway lounge area. Love sitting here like a dingus all afternoon. Extremely fun. # jodiarias

BBM

Fer y'all's edification:

dingus

"any unspecified or unspecifiable object; something one does not know the name of or does not wish to name," 1876, U.S. slang, from Du. dinges, lit. "thing" (see thing).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseHase