trial day 48: REBUTTAL #146

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since she knew in advance that this DR was going to testify, shouldn't JW have reviewed her CV beforehand. Couldn't an experienced lawyer come up with some general questions weeks ago for this witness, not even hearing her testimony? Besides, did JW have NO idea what a competent DR was likely to say about JA?

No doubt every single juror was asking those same questions. Even if the DT has no respect for the jury, I'd think they'd make an effort to fake it rather than prove it over and over.

I can't tell you how impressed I am with her. Her patients are very lucky.

I know! her voice is confident yet soothing. She is the total package! Which is awesome and telling that she is on the pro side. Ya know?
Is she single? I have a single son...

Listening to the morning testimony that I missed. Interesting that it appears that the defense's prior strategy was going to be that Jodi had PTSD as a result of being abused by Travis.

Then Jodi changed her strategy after realizing that an extreme amount of abuse would begin to look very suspicious without some form of independent corroboration. So she reduced it to four episodes so as to make it look more plausible that no one else witnessed her "abuse".

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Just sayin'

Don't shoot me, but I hope that Juan does tell Dr. D to go easy on the return snarky. There were a couple of times where she was returning what JW was dishing out, and I think it'll go MILES in her favor if she doesn't do that.

I think I shall steer clear of any of the TV shows (looking at you HLN) tonight.
Somehow ... Someway --- the paid TH's will spin this day as being some great victory for the defense.
Sad ... but that's the way they roll.

This has been a GREAT day in the quest for justice for Travis.
THANK YOU Juan & Dr DeMarte.

assuming wilmott is finished tomorrow and we have re-direct and jury questions (if there is any) i wonder who is up next.

day one of rebuttal and it is already amazing.

if i was a juror id be going home thinking thank god!!!

Yep, and notice how Juan didn't feel the need to jump up and go to sidebar every 15 seconds like Wilmott did/always does? Today was refreshing and just like a full day of trial should be. Juan knows how to run the show.

I agree with you totally about the jurors... finally, a light at the end of the tunnel, and they have the Prosecution to thank for that. None of this is lost on those poor jurors.

This cross is almost painful, why would she not ask at least some questions that don't seem silly?

I'm a little behind time-wise. JW looks like she's asking questions about evaluation testing, but doesn't know what the test names mean. If she's attempting to discredit JDM, she's not well prepared for it at all.

It reminded me of this ancient history class I took years ago where the professor was talking about ancient Roman graffiti and wrote an example on the board in Latin. Everyone started writing it down in their notes and he snickered and said, "Why are you writing this down? You don't know even what it means....it says Josephus took a tremendous dump here."

BBM: Do you think tomorrow will be any different? :floorlaugh:

I would think so but I may be overestimating the defense. Her cross examination of Dr Horn was pretty thin. I just don't think there's much here to cross examine the witness about. She explained everything pretty thoroughly - not only the diagnoses that she came up with but her reasons for disagreeing with the defense experts.

JW is trying to come off aggressive but it's failing miserably. She's all bark with no bite.
It's obvious what's she doing----to minimize Dr D's credentials----but it's only coming across as intimidation not substantial information.

Juan is just letting her run with this which is great because the more the opposition objects the more it appears they may be squelching potentially harmful information.

The Defense has nothing over on the State. Juan has dotted every single "I" and has not only crossed all his T's but underlined them too!

Bravo Juano!

In Bold and Italics!!! hehe

If I had a nickel for everytime JW says 'let's talk about that' I'd own a vacation home.

I love seeing the dynamic between Dr. DM and JA. Dr. DM makes JA look completely immature and 'teenager' just as her diagnosis confirmed...

Am I incorrect to be a little surprised that the diagnosis was just "Borderline Personality Disorder"? I thought it would be a worse diagnosis like Bipolar or some Phsychosis or maybe I just dont understand how serious Borderline Personality Disorder is?

Any mental illness has the potential to be "better" or "worse" depending on how the person with the disorder handles it. A person without BPD can do what Jodi did, and a person with BPD can be nothing like Jodi. BPD really isn't indicative of the murder, but rather to puts in context why Jodi did/does the things she did before/during/after the murder. Or that's my take on it anyways.

I don't understand why Wilmott is questioning DeMarte so sarcastically. [/b] She seems to be trying to catch her in a lie about her experience but, she's being met with complete consistency on DeMarte's part.

IMO Wilmott sounds like she is completely uninformed on all aspects of this witness's experience, which seems to be impeccable.

What they really need is a BOSS WHO WILL TELL THEM TO STOP! But since that's JA I'm thinking this is not going to end soon or end well. We had momentum and now we have none. I can feel the Jury's complete disdain for all of 'em!:banghead:

Then Jodi changed her strategy after realizing that an extreme amount of abuse would begin to look very suspicious without some form of independent corroboration. So she reduced it to four episodes so as to make it look more plausible that no one else witnessed her "abuse".

I am really curious about how and when the strategy changed and why Dr Karp left the case.

Oh for gods sake.. I update a CV for a renowned surgeon. If I listed EVERY lecture it would be 70 pages. WE put the meat of it in there and we don't PAD it with fluff like other Witnesses.

"I was the 'Keynote Breakout Downtown Studio 54 Rap Session' Speaker, Mr..Mr. Martinez!" "It was enjoyed by a lot of people, Mr. Mr. Martinez!"

The only thing that bothered me with this witness is that she came off as a bit arrogant.

I think she was fairly pleasant until JW tried to make her look like a country bumpkin who found her degrees in a dumpster.

THEN her answers started getting a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitle bit crisp. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members