trial day 48: REBUTTAL #147

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen a copy of that Feb. 14 email that was shown in court today?

Really enjoying today's witness though I do disagree with one thing: her stance on the Law of Attraction.

Yes it is 'real.' It's one of the Universal Laws and is something recognized for many thousands of years. JA used it incorrectly and Travis did too for that matter. It's not a "think positive" thing at all--it exists whether anyone believes in it or knows about it. It's about energy. It's not a religion, just like physics isn't a religion. "The Secret" was a marketing exploitation of The Law of Attraction. The Universal Laws is as much junk 'science' as anything Stephen Hawking is working on...meaning...not junk at all.
You're kidding right? Just because someone claims it does not make it so. Completely unscientific.

From closed thread: "Basically if this occurred in the 80's, sure ALV may have been in her prime. She can't keep up. Heck she even admitted to knowing nothing about technology.

She is way past her prime and Dr. DeMarte is at the peak of her career.

I picture Juan on a white horse with Dr. DeMarte on the back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan

I think you owe her an apology. I doubt ALV was ever this competent. JMO
"

You're not funny!!!!

animated-smileys-laughing-327.gif
animated-smileys-laughing-291.gif

Alrighty then!

So according to Dr DeMarte the defendant is not a psycho or sociopath ?
Not to take anyone down a rabbit hole but this is my understanding...

Sociopath as an actual mental health diagnosis doesn't exist anywhere. Psychopathy is a term used mainly by forensic psychologists and psychiatrists. In terms of actual clinical diagnosis, the closest one can come to psychopathy currently is antisocial. For another month anyway.

The DSM-V is blending antisocial and psychopathic traits as a more complete classification. Antisocial was meant to replace psychopathy initially - but many researchers/pioneers have always had certain issues with the criteria and wording involved. (Personally, I see them as two separate but very closely linked disorders.) Many clinicians use antisocial and psychopathy interchangeably but the assessments for either disorder are markedly different. The only tests available specifically for psychopathic assessment are considered forensic - the PCL-R (Hare) and the PPI-R.

JMO

I have a question I'm not sure anyone can answer... HLN and NG still haven't shown ANY of JW's cross of Dr D. What am I missing here? I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone!

NG's show is taped EARLIER. It is not 'live.' So when she is taping her show the trial is an hour or so earlier than real time. That is why we get frustrated, thinking she is backing it up or something.

JW is trying to show Dr D hopped around like a bunny from job to job...maybe I shouldn't be watching this...grrrrrr

Just turn it off. I can't bear that anymore. They don't even believe what they say on those shows. I hate it.

JW is trying to show Dr D hopped around like a bunny from job to job...maybe I shouldn't be watching this...grrrrrr

Noticing the absence of objections from Juan, obviously he isn't concerned JW is making much progress.

:D

Forgive me for asking as I do NOT want another vacation....
But does JW have a bald spot the size of a half-dollar on the right side of her bangs part?

Mr. Knot commented on it and I had to stop and rewind a fee times and doggone if he wasn't right! :what:

Could it be stress or beginnings of alopecia?

If this is against TOS, I am pleading that you please just remove my post and not send me on another vacation......:please:

I noticed that but I didn't want to comment on it. I hadn't noticed it before,maybe that's what the stress of this trial is doing to her

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I am dying that they are drilling the Dr., who is REALLY a doc, unlike the DT witness.

Do they not see the hypocrisy?

Hi everyone! I don't post much because I usually follow from work, and I don't know where the smileys are so .."waving"... Anyway who saw the DAGGERS !
Jodi sent the Dr Dm about 10 minutes ago? It was evil! It was at 8.04 cst...

Not to take anyone down a rabbit hole but this is my understanding...

Sociopath as an actual mental health diagnosis doesn't exist anywhere. Psychopathy is a term used mainly by forensic psychologists and psychiatrists. In terms of actual clinical diagnosis, the closest one can come to psychopathy currently is antisocial. For another month anyway.

The DSM-V is blending antisocial and psychopathic traits as a more complete classification. Antisocial was meant to replace psychopathy initially - but many researchers/pioneers have always had certain issues with the criteria and wording involved. (Personally, I see them as two separate but very closely linked disorders.) Many clinicians use antisocial and psychopathy interchangeably but the assessments for either disorder are markedly different.

JMO

Thank you .. ASPD is described here http://outofthefog.net/Disorders/ASPD.html the terms psychopath and sociopath are both descriptors of ASPD.

Scroll down here http://www.outofthefog.net/Statistics.html for a comorbidity graph.

You're kidding right? Just because someone claims it does not make it so. Completely unscientific.

Does God exist? His/Her existance is claimed by millions upon millions of people. Does love exist? How do you measure it? All unscientific with no proof. Much is unknown in the universe. Just because we can't measure it doesn't mean something doesn't exist. And no, I'm not kidding. Universal Laws have existed for 5,000+ years. To bring it back to this case, it may be misunderstood and used as some kind of panacea, which is improper and invalid, but the concepts do exist and have been around since before Christianity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenduhhhhh