trial day 48: REBUTTAL #147

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing I love about Doc D was how enthusiatic she was about the test subject, not patient, and the testing results. She read the test results and knew she had a unique result and was intellectually excited about it. She never entered the therapeutic mindset because she knew it wasn't what she was there to do. Doc S and ALV never displayed this type of objectivity.

I have a question I'm not sure anyone can answer... HLN and NG still haven't shown ANY of JW's cross of Dr D. What am I missing here? I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone!

Unless you like the THs, I suggest you skip JW with Dr. D, because all she does in ineffectively nitpick her job history from college until around 2008 iirc. Really not worth wasting your time on imo.

You mean Casey Anthony?

Caylee
I never clicked on it to see if it was intact that. Don't know where a dodgy link from a page like that would send you

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I don't know nuthin about nuthing, but could Demarte have been chosen to evaluate Jodi because she seems close to her age? Jodi might feel more comfortable, like she could snow the 'newbie' more easily as opposed to the 'Mother figure' in ALV (also remembering Jodi's dislike for her own Mother)? JTOL

I gotta say......to my eyes and ears, the witness is more prepared that Wilmott. moo

I will be curious to see if JW drops the CV angle and gets into the meat of the case. I don't think she is going to get anywhere with trying to beast this witness up with anything in her CV. JMO

I don't know nuthin about nuthing, but could Demarte have been chosen to evaluate Jodi because she seems close to her age? Jodi might feel more comfortable, like she could snow the 'newbie' more easily as opposed to the 'Mother figure' in ALV (also remembering Jodi's dislike for her own Mother)? JTOL

Gosh, and MOO, but she LOOKS an awful lot like JA. In a prettier, less creepy way.....but facial features, coloring...... Yeah.

I am off to bed guys,see you all tomorrow.

Stay classy :seeya:

Thing I love about Doc D was how enthusiatic she was about the test subject, not patient, and the testing results. She read the test results and knew she had a unique result and was intellectually excited about it. She never entered the therapeutic mindset because she knew it wasn't what she was there to do. Doc S and ALV never displayed this type of objectivity.

I wished Dr. D had differentiated more the difference between an evaluator v. therapist, because JW scored a few points imo when DD answered that she didn't feel compassion for the abused children since she was there to evaluate them. At least that's what I think she said, though I hope I'm wrong.

JW gets an A+ for trying to tear down DD's background and education, however, she failed miserably at these attempts. Overall grade: F-!

To save my place and here's one for Juan..

[video=youtube;WstHX1lKHqI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WstHX1lKHqI&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
So according to Dr DeMarte the defendant is not a psycho or sociopath ?

Not to take anyone down a rabbit hole but this is my understanding...

Sociopath as an actual mental health diagnosis doesn't exist anywhere. Psychopathy is a term used mainly by forensic psychologists and psychiatrists. In terms of actual clinical diagnosis, the closest one can come to psychopathy currently is antisocial. For another month anyway.

The DSM-V is blending antisocial and psychopathic traits as a more complete classification. Antisocial was meant to replace psychopathy initially - but many researchers/pioneers have always had certain issues with the criteria and wording involved. (Personally, I see them as two separate but very closely linked disorders.) Many clinicians use antisocial and psychopathy interchangeably but the assessments for either disorder are markedly different. The only tests available specifically for psychopathic assessment are considered forensic - the PCL-R (Hare) and the PPI-R.

JMO

I am not so such there aren't more Axis II Dx (Personality Disorder) for Arias considering all the clinical notes (evidence) and MMPI (7 out 10 clinical Scale > 65). Believe me I have not heard of that in 23 years in practice, internship and/or have the class in Testing and Assessment (yuck).

I have feeling the Dx did not apply to the DT direct testimony and/or managed to get the "other one we all well know" out because of being possibly too prejudicial.

Professional analysis and JMHO / :twocents:

I noticed that but I didn't want to comment on it. I hadn't noticed it before,maybe that's what the stress of this trial is doing to her

It could be stress, I've had stress related related hair loss myself.(mine was a lot worse than one spot, but JW might have more that can't be seen) it could also be from repeatedly brushing/combing her hair at the part that way.
Anyone watch NG tonight? Jodis' childhood friend was on, I would be more interested in girls Jodi saw as competition or girlfriends that Jodi saw as betraying her in some way. Then we might get a different story.

Just turn it off. I can't bear that anymore. They don't even believe what they say on those shows. I hate it.

My happy place is calling, and you're right, I need to step away from the TV and my Laptop. I need to rest up for tomorrow...and I hope JW dials it back a tad! Toodles!

Boy, was I wrong about Dr. Drew loving Dr. D. They were talking about how great JW was doing and how young Dr. D is. Blah, blah, blah. I turned it over to "Chopped".

JW is trying to show Dr D hopped around like a bunny from job to job...maybe I shouldn't be watching this...grrrrrr

It is obvious JW is attempting to discredit Dr. DeMarte as much as possible due to her age. As I said earlier, the problem the defense really has with this witness isn't her testimony, it is that she is the polar opposite of the defendant, and they are both in the same age group. One is an accomplished doctor, the other was an uneducated woman who used her body to get what she wanted from one man after the other and ultimately brutally murdered a man who did not see her as "marriage material".

MOO

Unfortunately that is not the case. It is there for eternity...and the "creator" made it "public" so anyone can view it without "liking" the page.

Just wanted to do my small part and report it...as I would not want this picture of my murdered brother on FB for even one minute...especially with a page title like that...

Sure wish it was like you said though...

Does God exist? His/Her existance is claimed by millions upon millions of people. Does love exist? How do you measure it? All unscientific with no proof. Much is unknown in the universe. Just because we can't measure it doesn't mean something doesn't exist. And no, I'm not kidding. Universal Laws have existed for 5,000+ years. To bring it back to this case, it may be misunderstood and used as some kind of panacea, which is improper and invalid, but the concepts do exist and have been around since before Christianity.

Some concepts are in the mind of the beholder.

JW is trying to show Dr D hopped around like a bunny from job to job...maybe I shouldn't be watching this...grrrrrr

The joke is on Willmott! Dr. D was getting experience in different areas while she got her doctorate and before she gained her license. She was teaching as a Graduate Assistant and continuously gaining experience to help her decide what specialty she would want to choose.

JW was an shrill and annoying lawyer who didn't quite understand how qualified Dr. D is on cross & it made her look awful. She wasn't prepared to cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV