trial day 48: REBUTTAL #147

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok folks....don't all jump on me but Dr DeMarte seemed a little snarky to JW when cross began and they went through her CV. Seemed like the Dr's demeanor changed immediately. I think she needs to watch that. She seems like a real brainiac...you know, like Einstein!! JA did seem to me to very childlike over at the def table. Coloring maybe!!

As long as she doesn't tell her she needs a time-out I think she'll be okay.

Coffee...Check!
Energy shot....Check!
WS....Check!

Everything seems to be in order with the start of this day....

Carry on.... As you were :) (Morning Wonderful WSers!)

:seeya:

...was walking through a client's home yesterday...glanced down at the desk in the sunroom....saw a Tootsie Pop....it was orange....my face was red....

:floorlaugh:

Mornin' peeps.

This is for y'all.......

[video=youtube;PzZ4i8aWs_s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzZ4i8aWs_s&sns=em[/video]

I know, I know. But a lot of folks he has treated, well, didn't fare so well and he is a TV personality. Not knocking his education...just sayin
I stand corrected.

Addicts? They have a disease and often relapse. I don't blame DD for that. Anyway, it's a tough job treating addicts. He's a little goofy, but I admire him for what he does.

Ya...I don't remember Jantastic going through Alycle's CV line by line. Ms Wilmott has not learned a thing.

Something tells me that JW does know the answers to these questions and just asking them to so she can have Dr. D prove JW's point for her. If that makes sense. Its a more passive aggressive way compared to Juan that likes the Perry Mason moment and want to be the one making the point. I think JW's whole point is to keep the Dr. from getting defensive while she gets information that she wants for closing arguments on the record.

The only reason I think this is because I am in Pharma sales and the majority of our training is not done on the drug we sell, but instead we spend hours and hours on the psychology of Physicians and ways to influence them. Physicians tend to shut down when someone who is not a peer, questions their methods. Once they shut down you are done with getting any info from them. HOWEVER, THEY LOVE TO TEACH so if you play the "help me understand, I am an idiot but you are brilliant" role they typically will spend hours and hours giving you info (that you already know) but it allows you to use their own words and have them sell themselves on something just by asking the right questions.

Long story short, I feel that getting DD to admit that one can show compassion and still be unbiased was huge for the defense. Especially since DD had just said how she thought it was improper that Alyce and Samuels had done the same thing. JW made a note. She didn't make a big deal about it so it seems like a moot point, however it's huge because when Juan tries to argue on it again she will be able to say "even the prosecution's witness agrees that it's not inappropriate to show compassion and still be able to be unbiased"

Will it matter to the jury? Most likely not because I think they have already made up their minds, but it may matter to one of them and that is what the defense is hoping for. JMO

Hi, I'm a long time lurker, first time poster, and hope I'm doing this right.

I started watching the trial when Juan started his cross of Jodi, and have been watching some of the prior testimony on youtube.
I'm so glad that finally we got to Juan's rebuttal. Watching Jodi has been a strange, unsettling, surreal experience.

Here's a link by SmoothOperator that I read several nights ago regarding the transformation that has been taking place with Jodi, and the unmasking of the evil that consumes her. This description is dead-on. Scroll down to post#765. ( trial day 43 thread 131 page 31).

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204768&page=31

Wow! Dr.Demarte is amazing! A breath of fresh air, as many have posted. So looking forward to court today!

Justice will be coming very soon for Travis Alexander and his family, and they are in my prayers.
Well gotta try to sleep some till later so i don't miss anything, lol.
I've really been learning a lot, as well as enjoying everyone's posts here, and I love Websleuths!

thank's,

Solitaryone.

:welcome: welcome welcome!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

EXACTLY! He keeps a very fast pace and he never flounders for a document or piece of evidence. It's really incredible. And he does it all without a second-chair.

I imagine JM has a very strong support staff back at the office. Either that, or he is indeed a superman, it must be exhausting to be in a long trial like this. I wonder if he sleeps, or they wind him up in the morning?

I kind of dread today due to JW's way of asking questions. She has to mention every single thing she wrote down (and she was scribbling furiously). And are we done with the CV yet?

"You attended Michigan State University, is that right?"
"Yes, I got my doctorate there."
"You got your doctorate there? Is that right?"
"Correct, in 2009."
"You attended Michigan State and got your doctorate there, that was in 2009, is that right?"
etc.
etc.
etc.
etc.
etc.
etc.

I kind of dread today due to JW's way of asking questions. She has to mention every single thing she wrote down (and she was scribbling furiously). And are we done with the CV yet?

"Correct, in 2009."
"You attended Michigan State nod got your doctorate there, that was in 2008, is that right?"
etc.
etc.
etc.
etc.
etc.
etc.
The longer she drags everything out the more pennies for the kettle.

This jury has already indicated that they get it. Well at least those who have asked the questions. This little tirade against DDemarte isn't going to turn things around for the DT, no matter how hard they try.
Much as I am not looking forward to going to work today, I can tell you two people who are dreading their work day more than me.... JW and KN. And you can mark my word on that :)

That's exactly what she was doing, without a doubt. She knows she's on borrowed time with visits and things. The longer she can have people talking to her or paying attention to her - she's happy. They said she scored high in verbal and I think just slightly above avg on the other stuff.

I paid attention to her eyes when I watched the videos of her telling the bs stories that she wasn't there. Her deadpan glare when she lies. She's devoid of emotion it seems.. she didn't do any of the normal body movements for a liar, even someone with a PD. However, you can see a shift in still photos from her days as a child and her as an adult. Something in between these aspects of her life changed her, I doubt we will ever know what.

I'm still cringing at the recorded phone convo's between her and TA. His remark about 12 (why 12?!?) really grosses me out. I can't think of why or how that would work its way into a conversation but at the same time I know she's conniving and depending on this statement to make him "the bad guy".

Today hearing everything she did and WHY (most likely) was rather interesting. The establishment of an alibi was pretty .. um.. established. She knew to take her battery out of her cell phone, and a ton of other things that shows she's got a criminal mindset. I really wonder what else she's gotten away with because people are intimidated by her?

bbm

This is the crux of the problem and the whole trial - Travis is not here to defend himself nor his words. Jodi robbed him of the right to take the witness stand and tell us, in his own words, why he said that. So all we are left with are the words of an admitted liar, the biased and skewed testimonies of the defense experts and the machinations of two very snarky defense lawyers.

We do, however, have a tape of a phone conversation between JA and TA. IIRC the 12-year-old remark was in response to Jodi's very, very faked orgasm. To me, it sounded like TA was saying JA sounded the same as a 12-year-old, sexually inexperienced female would sound if she were faking an orgasm in order to "please" her lover. You can disagree with me and that is fine because we are all entitled to our own opinion but opinion is not fact. And we will never have the facts because TA has been deprived of his right to defend himself, to explain himself - JA saw to that when she butchered him.

I believe that there are a majority of us in the world who have said, and or done things, in the privacy of an intimate conversation and or act with another person that, if it were broadcasted to the outside world and out of context, would therefore be viewed askance. IOW I believe we have all, at one time or another, said something truly cringe-worthy that was not truly meant to be construed as such. But then, you and I have the ability to explain ourselves should the need arise - TA was denied that ability on June 4, 2008.

:seeya: Good morning all!

During JW's cross of Dr. Demarte yesterday the camera panned over to JA at one point and the look in JA's eyes was sheer hatred - I have never seen that look in anyone's eyes ever. Don't want to again either. Maybe someone else here has a pic of it. Truly jaw dropping.

Is it true that JM cannot have Dr. Demarte testify that JA is a sociopath/psychopath?

Nhic "the look in JA's eyes was sheer hatred - I have never seen that look in anyone's eyes ever. Don't want to again either. Maybe someone else here has a pic of it. Truly jaw dropping."

When she started with the murderous glares, her little sharpened pencils came to mind...someone needs to take away her pencils.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 77
I said it in one of posts because antisocial personality disorder with violent features was not brought out in the Defense Teams Case in Chief and/or it has been ruled as too prejudicial. The DT focused totally on the PTSD and Battered Woman Syndrome.

However, after sleeping on it (hahahaha) Dr DeMarte did describe antisocial characteristic when she talked about the top 3 clinical scales on the MMPI without naming the categories.

If I remember correctly, DrD mention, rage/anger, blaming shifting for causing her behavior, etc. This are indicators of antisocial traits at the min.

My :twocents:

Yes! I asked about this yesterday. I think when she intially began talking about the MMPI, she revaled that Jodi had traits of people who are like this: and then listed off those traits as you discuss above. AFTER that she went into Jodi's dx of BPD. I think that taking into account that Jodi scored high in 7/10 domains, Dr DM looked most carefully in to the top 2 or 3, and we know one is BPD, I am thinking antisocial is the other dx that Dr DM was discussing without NAMING it, as it may be considered too prejudicial.

I can't believe JM took less than a day to destroy Samuels' and ALV's testimonies (weeks worth!) AND discuss Demarte's test results! Genius!

JM didn't spend any time looking at the alleged psychological abuse including the angry emails in May. Do you guys know why he didn't touch that area at all?

This jury has already indicated that they get it. Well at least those who have asked the questions. This little tirade against DDemarte isn't going to turn things around for the DT, no matter how hard they try.
Much as I am not looking forward to going to work today, I can tell you two people who are dreading their work day more than me.... JW and KN. And you can mark my word on that :)

They don't even bother to tell her not to tweet. They are resigned to her guilty verdict and seem to be just phoning in an effort.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/04/11/will-jai-tweets-adversely-affect-jodi

Totally agree with your sentiment above, NB, and think today will be another "Juanderful" day! :great:

Wildabouttrial noted packet of papers put on each juror seat while court wad recessed for lunch /afternoon break. Any thoughts on what this could be?? I was super curious...any ideas?

Could they be deliberation instructions, since they're getting near the end? I am not even an amateur legal person, so that's a rank guess. :blushing:

ok folks....don't all jump on me but Dr DeMarte seemed a little snarky to JW when cross began and they went through her CV. Seemed like the Dr's demeanor changed immediately. I think she needs to watch that. She seems like a real brainiac...you know, like Einstein!! JA did seem to me to very childlike over at the def table. Coloring maybe!!

Thought the same about both. Dr. D. needs to stay very calm, because JW is just trying to shake her up, and show her as unprofessional and inexperienced.

Now that lies aren't working any longer, I was thinking that JA would go back to stressing looks/"vulnerability," since that's part of what has been getting her through "scrapes" all these years. She doesn't seem to realize that this is probably the end of the road for that working, although it may influence whether or not she gets the death penalty, to be honest.

Question: Is it the jury that decides whether it will be death or life, or the judge? :jail:

I can't believe JM took less than a day to destroy Samuels' and ALV's testimonies (weeks worth!) AND discuss Demarte's test results! Genius!

JM didn't spend any time looking at the alleged psychological abuse including the angry emails in May. Do you guys know why he didn't touch that area at all?

Well I think you already answered your own question in the first sentence. By destroying ALV's testimony, her "spin" on the psychological abuse kinda gets flushed down the toilet.

Or perhaps, just perhaps, he has a rebuttal witness who can tell us what Jodi said/did to cause TA to respond with such anger.

"Correct, in 2009."
"You attended Michigan State and got your doctorate there, that was in 2009, is that right?"
etc.
etc.
etc.
etc.
etc.
etc.

I looked her up awhile ago and she went to University of Massachusetts I guess for her Bachelors. Correct me if I am wrong, I will look again when I get a sec, work is getting in my way here!

They don't even bother to tell her not to tweet. They are resigned to her guilty verdict and seem to be just phoning in an effort.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/04/11/will-jai-tweets-adversely-affect-jodi

From your link above:

Attorney Mark Eiglarsh told HLN's Dr. Drew "[Jodi] has the First Amendment right to be an idiot if she wants to and talk ... and it can adversely affect her."
:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member