trial day 48: REBUTTAL #147

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JA's whole defense seems to be based on the notion that she was a battered woman, who based on past instances of abuse, saw no other way out but to kill TA during a fight between them.

Based on that it appears that ALV was supposed to be their key expert witness. She was the one to explain to the jury how it all made sense and she was completely justified in how she killed him.

I believe, as I am sure most do, that she failed miserably. She had admitted to only having a general idea of what happened June 4th. When asked by a juror, she said it was not common for a battered woman to be so abused that they took their abuser's life. She showed a definite bias towards JA, and women in general. She lied to the jury when answering at least one question, told the male jurors that women give sex for love and men give love for sex etc. etc. etc.

I imagine after how poorly the jury appeared to take to JA and RS, considering their questions for them, they must have put all their hopes on ALV and now the writing is on the wall for them.

I agree. I think Dr. DeMarte will have no problem explaining the difference in a person 'having' compassion as opposed to 'showing' compassion.

IMHO, that is the difference.

K

I am sure as soon as the defense experts showed their compassion for JA, she knew she could manipulate them.

Yeah! I just finished watching the entire day of testimony.

I thought Dr JD did an excellent job of presenting (brains, beauty and brawn) but she needs to watch her snark. Not that I fault her because who can hold back the snark when Wilmott asks those whiny atrocious run-on non-sequitor sentences. Ha ha, loved it when Dr JD pushed back with the pedo questions about the family/friends/co-workers, etc. I think she rattled Wilmott.

Jeebus, what the h#ll was Jodi working on today? Earlier I stated that I thought Jodi looked so intense she must be decoding the Dead Sea Scrolls. But who knows, the way she was concentrating on her pretend work I think she may have translated the Book of Mormon into Sanskrit. She's cra-ZEE loco bananas cuckoo nuts all rolled up together.

So much good stuff today. Then it dawned on me, based on Dr JD CV I believe that she and Jodi are about the same age. If Dr JD got her under graduate degree in 2002 at say 21 then she is probably 31 or 32 years old today. WOW, talk about completely divergent courses in life. No wonder Jodi was seething today. It was palpable. I swear I could see it coursing through her body.

All moo.

They are the same age. JD born 6/15/1980 and JA born in July 1980.

IMO, JA used that camera to insert herself in other people's lives.
She was able to walk up to complete strangers and present herself as a 'photographer'. She 'disarmed' strangers with her camera - it was her 'calling card'. A perfect example is when she marched up to a couple of PPL executives at the first convention she ever attended and asked them to pose for pictures. Who doesn't like to have their picture taken? The conniving little witch probably just stopped short of telling her victims that she worked for PEOPLE magazine!

Reminds me of Alcala in a sense. They both made themselves aware to people through a camera.

Jury decides if "it" gets the death penalty. And yes, Dr Demarte's needs to tone it back abit, but it was the end of a long day of testimony for her. But JW's CV questions are rather aggravating.

DeMarte obviously knew JW would jump all over her lack of experience....what else does she have really. This Dr seems to be more then qualified. She did seem to be glaring (a little bit) at Wilmott.

Could it be the white "question sheets" they've been using to submit questions to the witnesses?:confused:

Not sure...but wild said that they were a "packet " of papers and each juror got one on their seat. JS did not mention this when they returned so found very curious... If I am not incorrect the juror questions forms are kept together...and I believe juror deliberation instructions will be handed to jurors at start of deliberations.....oh goodness..will all the sealed chamber meetings and sealed proceedings coupled with ALV questions I am just plain stumped!!!!!

Apparently, since it was not mentioned in JM direct re-buttal case. It isn't weird because the connotation of Antisocial Personality Disorder has sinister Dexter "picture". Remember (uuuuugh) the Defense wants the jury have a picture of Arias as the helpless "victim" of the treacherous perpetrator Travis that she had to "defend" herself to the point of having to "slaughter" him. (oh so gross that I had to type it this way)

JM can only present evidence to "re butt" the evidence in the defense case in chief.

Does this make bit more sense? I hope Don't like it but this how trials are done.

Just my :twocents: on legal understanding. If the REAL attorney can verify if I am right or wrong please come forth after their morning coffee so they can think LOL

Am I the only one offended that you placed Dexter on the same scale as JA? I mean, I actually LIKE Dexter. :floorlaugh:

If JA is so smart, why didn't she exercise her Miranda rights immediately after she was arrested? And why in the world would she initiate the calls to Det. Flores 5 seconds after Travis's body was discovered? She thinks she is smarter than everyone else - that's why. She will have plenty of time to ponder her foolishness after she is sent to death row.

From your link above:

Attorney Mark Eiglarsh told HLN's Dr. Drew "[Jodi] has the First Amendment right to be an idiot if she wants to and talk ... and it can adversely affect her."
:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I say let her tweet her heart (oops, what heart?) out until the verdict comes down and they lock her up in the big house.

I liked how Juan said (paraphrasing): "the prosecutor does not want to be a part of appearing to deprive......her of 1st amendment rights...but the Court should be aware since she's violating the Court's rule"

I agree. I think Dr. DeMarte will have no problem explaining the difference in a person 'having' compassion as opposed to 'showing' compassion.

IMHO, that is the difference.

K

Or having compassion, BUT not letting it cloud your judgement or impact your findings...

If JA is so smart, why didn't she exercise her Miranda rights immediately after she was arrested? And why in the world would she initiate the calls to Det. Flores 5 seconds after Travis's body was discovered? She thinks she is smarter than everyone else - that's why. She will have plenty of time to ponder her foolishness after she is sent to death row.

My personal opinion, she thought she could outsmart LE.

JA remembers every detail of her attack on Travis, & IMO enjoys reliving the event as it justifies her thinking that Travis actually deserved it, not that she was wrong in taking his life. Soon JA's "showcase" will be over & she'll be back to prison garb, a tiny cell, & plenty of empty journals to perfect her "Manfesto "

This may be totally inappropriate, and, mods, please feel free to delete this post if it is, but I was wondering if Little Missy took those photos because she has a particular fetish, and she considered the pictures - even though she "deleted" them - as trophies. Weird, yes, but not the weirdest thing we've known her to do.

Saying one can be compassionate and evaluate someone as a psychologist is NOT a win for the DT. The point is subjective versus objective.

Dr. DeMarte used objective testing methods whereas ALV & Samuels were very SUBJECTIVE (touchy feely, opinion -- reading into text messages, etc.). THAT is the difference.

:werk:

I say let her tweet her heart (oops, what heart?) out until the verdict comes down and they lock her up in the big house.

I liked how Juan said (paraphrasing): "the prosecutor does not want to be a part of appearing to deprive......her of 1st amendment rights...but the Court should be aware since she's violating the Court's rule"

I remember feeling so sad for Juan when he mentioned his height. I thought thats just so sweet, he needs a hug lol.

Does anyone know if there are any questions in the jury basket?

Thx :)

ps: Morning all!

Mel

Sorry if this has been asked already, but did anyone learn what happened to ALV and the "issue" she was called back to court for?

My favorite objections from yesterday by Willmott ....
Objection: beyond rebuttal, it's not rebuttal
Objection: not rebuttal
:lol:

JA's whole defense seems to be based on the notion that she was a battered woman, who based on past instances of abuse, saw no other way out but to kill TA during a fight between them.

Based on that it appears that ALV was supposed to be their key expert witness. She was the one to explain to the jury how it all made sense and she was completely justified in how she killed him.

I believe, as I am sure most do, that she failed miserably. She had admitted to only having a general idea of what happened June 4th. When asked by a juror, she said it was not common for a battered woman to be so abused that they took their abuser's life. She showed a definite bias towards JA, and women in general. She lied to the jury when answering at least one question, told the male jurors that women give sex for love and men give love for sex etc. etc. etc.

I imagine after how poorly the jury appeared to take to JA and RS, considering their questions for them, they must have put all their hopes on ALV and now the writing is on the wall for them.

I agree that she failed all on her own but, if there was any credibility at all left with the jury, Dr. D. erased that yesterday.

So what is JA left with? Well some have suggested that the jury might take "pity" on her, given that Dr. D says she has BPD, and therefore might decide LWOP rather than the DP - perhaps even go with manslaughter. I have thought about this idea all night and all I can say is - if JA had "merely" shot TA, well then maybe LWOP is an appropriate choice. The fact, however, that she butchered TA - tormented him in his last seconds of life - leads me back to my longstanding opinion that she deserves the DP.

Sorry if this has been asked already, but did anyone learn what happened to ALV and the "issue" she was called back to court for?

I dont know the ins and outs but I read on wild about trial that its was held behind closed doors on a telephone conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman