trial day 48: REBUTTAL #147

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't even bother to tell her not to tweet. They are resigned to her guilty verdict and seem to be just phoning in an effort.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/04/11/will-jai-tweets-adversely-affect-jodi

We're all confused and operating under the mistaken belief that JA would do what any normal defendant would do, like listen to the expertise of her attorneys. FAIL.
I don't think JA listens to anyone. She is in charge. They are probably quite upset with her tweets...but if anyone thinks that JA takes the advice of her lawyers on a regular basis, you may want to rethink that.
JA does what she believes is best for JA. And sometimes she just can't help herself. You can bet that what she really wanted to tweet would have scared and shocked many of us.
The DT has their hands full with her. I imagine they had to crank it up a notch to get those tweets deleted.
It was great to see them though. It removed any doubt as her mindset. She's not a scared little woman, fearing for her life in a murder trial.
She's a cocky, arrogant, self absorbed shell. No stuffin, no humanity.

Nhic "the look in JA's eyes was sheer hatred - I have never seen that look in anyone's eyes ever. Don't want to again either. Maybe someone else here has a pic of it. Truly jaw dropping."

When she started with the murderous glares, her little sharpened pencils came to mind...someone needs to take away her pencils.

There should be a guard locked and loaded standing right on the side of her.

I was so pleased to see JA squirm as she heard a qualified professional that is Dr Demarte's describe her sociopathic personality to a "T"; manipulative, stalking, blaming others for her emotional deficits, lying routinely to suit her own needs, etc. JW appears foolish in her attempt to discredit Dr Demarte's CV. JA remembers every detail of her attack on Travis, & IMO enjoys reliving the event as it justifies her thinking that Travis actually deserved it, not that she was wrong in taking his life. Soon JA's "showcase" will be over & she'll be back to prison garb, a tiny cell, & plenty of empty journals to perfect her "Manfesto "

It's so refreshing for someone on the stand that can answer yes or no, even when being cross examined. She doesn't try to constantly read where JW is going, she just answers the questions. And when asked about showing compassion, she actually admitted that she does show some compassion sometimes, she didn't lie and say no never like "someone else" would have.

Just saw an interesting theory, which comes from Judge Hatchett (I think that's her name).

Judge Hatchett thinks that Jodi took pictures with Travis, and cavorted around, I guess you could say, in order to get him to take her to Cancun instead of the other woman. Maybe her goal was for them to reconcile, but Hatchett just mentioned the Cancun thing.

When Travis, after all that, said "No way," Jodi went stark raving mad, and tortured and killed him.

That theory really makes sense. Don't know if it originated with Hatchett, but it explains why JA took the pictures. There would have been no murder if Travis just would have seen things Jodi's way.

:furious: (That's Jodi, as Dr. D. so aptly described her today!)

Good morning, all! I did want to add that Judge Hatchett also thought that it was obviously premeditated: Jodi planned ahead to what she would do IN CASE she had to murder Travis for saying "no," arranging an alibi, etc. :what:

Thank you Jesus! Travis's friends are going to take the stand and tell the TRUTH for their friend about Jodi and Travis. http://youtu.be/aagtv5Vxn2A

PS : I read that here, that they were added, but I have not seen the witness list myself. I sure hope it is correct!!

I haven't heard that they will testify. Like you, I may have missed something but last I heard they were not on the list.

Both my kids have superior IQ's, my daughter's is 135 and my son is 120 iirc, I never put much stock in IQ scores. The IQ's were done in school and they were admitted to the gifted program in middle school. I let my daughter do it (big mistake) and I did not allow my son in the program as I thought it was a waste and very stressful on the kids.

I don't consider either of them superior in any way, lol. Both are smart in ways but not smart in many ways. Both are creative, music and art and very good writers but in other ways totally just like every other 20 something. My daughter does suffer from Bipolar disorder which she was diagnosed a few years ago.

I do not believe the TH's stating that because of her "superior" IQ (as if she was a genius). Nope an IQ of 119 is not genius. Also they claim that with that IQ she would have planned it much better if she had premeditated it. I totally disagree with that, totally and completely.

Agree. The fact that Jodi scored a genius score in ONE category, but above average over all says that she could plan the perfect crime, but not know how to handle it if things didn't go as planned.

I don't think Jodi is smart at all. I don't care how high her IQ is. What idiot goes on TV claiming her innocence and does interviews when facing trial for murder? Especially after you have been told that your naked photo was taken at the crime scene and your bloody print was left? You had the right to remain silent..but nope. Not very smart, genius.

I must say Dr. D did an awesome job. She is extremely knowledgeable. I'm looking forward today.

My fellow Sleuthers----we are that much closer to the verdict that Juan is after!!!!!!!!

Good morning, all! I did want to add that Judge Hatchett also thought that it was obviously premeditated: Jodi planned ahead to what she would do IN CASE she had to murder Travis for saying "no," arranging an alibi, etc. :what:

Yep and in her deranged mind she blames Travis for forcing her to kill him.

Long story short, I feel that getting DD to admit that one can show compassion and still be unbiased was huge for the defense. Especially since DD had just said how she thought it was improper that Alyce and Samuels had done the same thing. JW made a note. She didn't make a big deal about it so it seems like a moot point, however it's huge because when Juan tries to argue on it again she will be able to say "even the prosecution's witness agrees that it's not inappropriate to show compassion and still be able to be unbiased"

Will it matter to the jury? Most likely not because I think they have already made up their minds, but it may matter to one of them and that is what the defense is hoping for. JMO

I don't fault Dr. D., because she performed brilliantly, for the most part. Maybe she will, at some point, say that there is a difference between compassion, which most of those in the helping professions have, and rank, inappropriate fawning over a client.

Jury decides if "it" gets the death penalty. And yes, Dr Demarte's needs to tone it back abit, but it was the end of a long day of testimony for her. But JW's CV questions are rather aggravating.

I don't fault Dr. D., because she performed brilliantly, for the most part. Maybe she will, at some point, say that there is a difference between compassion, which most of those in the helping professions have, and rank, inappropriate fawning over a client.

I think there is also a bit of a difference in having compassion for a sick child when compared to having compassion for an admitted killer who lies.

It is almost amusing how many young women consider themselves photographers because they have a digital camera and know how to use a few filters in photoshop.

The media has also called her "The Mormon Casey Anthony". She's no more a professional photographer than she is a Mormon.

IMO, JA used that camera to insert herself in other people's lives.
She was able to walk up to complete strangers and present herself as a 'photographer'. She 'disarmed' strangers with her camera - it was her 'calling card'. A perfect example is when she marched up to a couple of PPL executives at the first convention she ever attended and asked them to pose for pictures. Who doesn't like to have their picture taken? The conniving little witch probably just stopped short of telling her victims that she worked for PEOPLE magazine!

ITA I think the jury will look at it in context. JW was trying to paint JDM into a corner by saying "You felt no compassion for beaten children?" Children who have been beaten are very different than a pathological liar on trial for first degree murder . I believe the good doctor could have felt some compassion for those children while keeping her objectivity to her task at hand. JA is a whole other story - apples and oranges IMO.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy sIII (so please excuse the typos!)

bbm

This is the crux of the problem and the whole trial - Travis is not here to defend himself nor his words. Jodi robbed him of the right to take the witness stand and tell us, in his own words, why he said that. So all we are left with are the words of an admitted liar, the biased and skewed testimonies of the defense experts and the machinations of two very snarky defense lawyers.

We do, however, have a tape of a phone conversation between JA and TA. IIRC the 12-year-old remark was in response to Jodi's very, very faked orgasm. To me, it sounded like TA was saying JA sounded the same as a 12-year-old, sexually inexperienced female would sound if she were faking an orgasm in order to "please" her lover. You can disagree with me and that is fine because we are all entitled to our own opinion but opinion is not fact. And we will never have the facts because TA has been deprived of his right to defend himself, to explain himself - JA saw to that when she butchered him.

I believe that there are a majority of us in the world who have said, and or done things, in the privacy of an intimate conversation and or act with another person that, if it were broadcasted to the outside world and out of context, would therefore be viewed askance. IOW I believe we have all, at one time or another, said something truly cringe-worthy that was not truly meant to be construed as such. But then, you and I have the ability to explain ourselves should the need arise - TA was denied that ability on June 4, 2008.

It's clear TA had secrets and like most of us, wasn't perfect. He may have even been a crappy boyfriend....but he didn't deserve to die. Especially the way he did. No matter how many dogs the defense tries to wag, they can't change that fact.

I agree. I think Dr. DeMarte will have no problem explaining the difference in a person 'having' compassion as opposed to 'showing' compassion.

IMHO, that is the difference.

K

I paid attention to her eyes when I watched the videos of her telling the bs stories that she wasn't there. Her deadpan glare when she lies. She's devoid of emotion it seems.. she didn't do any of the normal body movements for a liar, even someone with a PD. However, you can see a shift in still photos from her days as a child and her as an adult. Something in between these aspects of her life changed her, I doubt we will ever know what.

That deadpan lack of emotion reminded me of the characteristics of a sociopath. I'm going to go back and review them...just a sec...o. k., from the Mayo Clinic:

{SNIP}

Antisocial personality disorder signs and symptoms may include:

Disregard for right and wrong
Persistent lying or deceit to exploit others
Using charm or wit to manipulate others for personal gain or for sheer personal pleasure
Intense egocentrism, sense of superiority and exhibitionism

Recurring difficulties with the law
Repeatedly violating the rights of others by the use of intimidation, dishonesty and misrepresentation
Child abuse or neglect
Hostility, significant irritability, agitation, impulsiveness, aggression or violence
Lack of empathy for others and lack of remorse about harming others

Unnecessary risk-taking or dangerous behaviors
Poor or abusive relationships
Irresponsible work behavior
Failure to learn from the negative consequences of behavior

{SNIP}
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/antisocial-personality-disorder/DS00829/DSECTION=symptoms

The one that stands out to me, just because it's so mind-boggling that people would shoot themselves in the foot this way, is "Using charm or wit to manipulate others...for sheer personal pleasure." I imagine people like that do not realize that what goes around, comes around. :facepalm:

Question: Has anyone in the case diagnosed Ms. Arias as a psychopath yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3