trial day 48: REBUTTAL #147

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's disrespectful, and shows how little Wilmot has, to have to resort to saying this. Another reason why I don't care for her.

I've come to the conclusion that she's just not a very effective litigator. That type of incendiary approach is always going to hit the ground like a safe.

As long as Dr. D doesn't lose her temper, she wins. A scientific approach cannot be challenged, nor broken down. 1 + 1 will ALWAYS equal 2. It's really that simple.

JW has no counter here. All she can do is damage control. If she continues to dig in and antagonize the witness with incongruous nonsense, she moves her client one step closer to the needle.

GREAT post. Dr.Samuels especially, forming a hypothesis and looking for clues to prove you were right just seems wrong! You have to go there with an open mind instead of going there looking for anything to fit what you think is wrong with someone!

Actually, for Dr. Samuels, I believe his only function was to come up with some diagnosis, any diagnosis, that would give some credence to Jodi forgeting that she stabbed Travis 29 times and slit his throat. I do believe Dr. Samuels provided what he was requested to do. Not that I believe it and from the sound of jury questions, they didn't either.

As to ALV, JMO her only job, so she says, was to show Jodi as a victim or now a survivor of DV. Unfortunately everything she said was pure speculation and without merit IMO. Darn it, a liar is a liar whether it is a good lie or a bad one - GMAB. Again the jury questions didn't seem to make one think they believed her either.

I wanted to make a comment about the whole age/experience topic (not relating to anybody's post).

As someone who has seen more doctors than I like to think about for medical issues my entire adult life, there are times when you want a young doctor who has all the latest knowledge in his brain, and there are time when you want an older doctor with lots of experience who isn't, for example, going to order a lot of unnecessary tests, or can look at a much broader picture.

I think age is not the issue. There was nothing stopping ALV and RS from keeping up with the latest findings in their filed. They just chose not to.[/QUOTE]

BBM You just identified the flaw of Jodi's Battered Woman/ Self Defense strategy. Her stories and claims came from outdated resources.

bbm

I believe the flaw in Jodi's Battered Woman/Self Defense strategy is that Jodi made everything up. And everyone knows.

I do wish JM had played her age as an advantage against the old fashioned, outdated, behind the times ALV.

Then again, it appears DD doesn't need help and probably deals with this all the time, even in her profession.

Anyone else think she's a genius? I said before, reminds me of Sheldon on the Big Bang!!

BBM

I had to laugh yesterday.... the dude who runs the courtroom camera clearly has reached the same conclusions about Jodi that we all have..... as Dr.D was describing the "attributes" you listed, camera dude kept switching camera views to zoom in on Jodi acting them out.

Shelbor, it was something else, when he panned that camera to the defendant, I still can't get over that shot : her glasses were about a mile out @ the end of her nose, just sitting there about to fall off. I sure would like to see a screen capture of that.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like JW in any way. But yesterday, I truly felt sorry for her. It was painful to watch, she was embarrassing herself so badly.

Not me! JW was trying her best to be condescending, patronizing, rude, dismissive and shrill as he asked irrelevant questions about DD's CV.

She was unprepared to ask any real questions b/c Juan turned the tables on her by passing the witness with only 45 minutes left in the day.

She had nothing to impeach the witness with--and it showed. Her contempt for DD was obvious & it made me furious. I think the jury probably really likes DD & JW basically shot herself in the foot with the attitude she took in questioning.

It was similar to the THUD she delivered when asking ALV in a sarcastic, shrill voice "Let's get this out of the way--Do you have a memory problem?" That was pathetic.

JMOO

He did not need a Therapist with decades of patient treatment for Jodi, In fact he needed just what he got. A highly intelligent, academic, well respected person in this field to examine and diagnose what is sitting in that jail cell!

A Killer, A Stalker, A dysfunctional Borderline Personality human that has been off center her whole life.

That is the PROBLEM with Ms LaViolette, she is not a good diagnostician, what she is and many of her beloved followers would agree with (and I say that with respect, not in any catty way) Is she gives off a warm fuzzy feeling to the women that come to her and say they are abused and mistreated by men. And she seems to have become a cult hero over the years doing many lectures from the 70's on about Domestic Violence. She found a corner of the market when nobody was talking about it so she got in on the ground floor with a few other names they have thrown around. She holds group sessions where they go and share things, she does counseling, she writes but she is not current academically and in this situation that is important as she has grossly MISDIAGNOSED this person either because of her bias or on purpose. I won't pretend to know which, and thankfully it does not matter as Dr. Demarte came in and cleared the fog.

Dr. Demarte does come across as a bit "academic" at times but she is not here to give off warm fuzzies! Jodi Arias is on trial and might be put to death for either one of the most horrible crimes of the past several decades against an INNOCENT man, or because she is a beaten, abused nearly killed several times frail daisy that has a bent finger. (I go with she is a cold blooded immature killer. I added immature as of yesterday because that tickles me someone with credibility is calling her out now)

Jodi's mom and dad can hire an attorney and file motions to get therapy for her before they put her to death.

New thread is open. Please begin moving over. This thread will close in 15 minutes

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205824"]trial day 49: REBUTTAL; #148 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

:thewave:
:star: :star: :star:​

Regardless of age, I think the reason the prosecution chose DD is because she's a damn good witness. Seriously, I can see that she has experience teaching others. She explained everything clearly and in layman terms. Plus the things that she testified about don't seem to be areas where you need to be experienced in to testified about. She talked about the excisting protocols, the ways tests should be interpreted and gave her opinions based on those tests. Mostly she talked about what is appropiate (not giving someone gifts, apologizing, how it's extreme to spend 44 hours with someone you're evaluating, how people with master degrees aren't allowed to do certain tests, when data is objective vs. subjective, etc).

Plus DD seems to have a built in "BS" detector which we all can agree here because most of us have one and it is a plus.

While my daughter and granddaughters were visiting during spring break, I made them watch the trial with me. By the time they left, they were hooked, too!

I'm sure I was being abusive, forcing them to watch!

I've already called Child Protective Services in Texoma. Really, bznbear. There IS help available. I understand there's a therapist in Long Beach who's going to have a lot of time free.

That's disrespectful, and shows how little Wilmot has, to have to resort to saying this. Another reason why I don't care for her.

Morning everyone! You all were busy last night and I am just catching up!

What made me really steamed was Wilmott asking Jodi (in that whiny high pitched patronizing tone) "so, you gave this speech to middle schoolers?" She knew better!

Actually, for Dr. Samuels, I believe his only function was to come up with some diagnosis, any diagnosis, that would give some credence to Jodi forgeting that she stabbed Travis 29 times and slit his throat. I do believe Dr. Samuels provided what he was requested to do. Not that I believe it and from the sound of jury questions, they didn't either.
I agree.
Dr Samuels was to just relate ANY symptoms directly to PTSD. It did not make a difference if they were RELEVANT or not. "She has trouble sleeping so it is PTSD".

It's completely laughable and Dr. DM is pointing out every flaw in such a way that it's believable and UNDERSTANDABLE.

I do wish JM had played her age as an advantage against the old fashioned, outdated, behind the times ALV.

Then again, it appears DD doesn't need help and probably deals with this all the time, even in her profession.

Anyone else think she's a genius? I said before, reminds me of Sheldon on the Big Bang!!

No, Sheldon is arrogant and rude. :floorlaugh:

There has to be a method to Juan's madness. I haven't figured out what it is but I just know there's a reason for it.
BBM

because some people are visual 'learners' and some are audio learners. Each topic is repeated SEVERAL times as he writes it out.

He is making sure every juror hears AND sees each of these pieces of the puzzle.

I think it is a great strategy.

JMO

Yes, raisincharlie, I saw a couple of exchanges. I think JA worked on ALV from the beginning. I mean nothing ugly by this, just what I noticed -- I think ALV may have been a bit smitten by JA -- I feel sure JA was on her best behavior and doing her best to show those type "problems" that she thought were appropriate to whatever JA thought was the most mitigating persona to project. I have no idea what that might have been. And ALV's questions or observations to JA may have given JA hints of what dx ALV was trying to construct. And yes, I mentioned a tell earlier, and I really thought I saw a couple.

bbm
the jury saw it also. they even asked alv why she was looking over at ja shrugging shoulders and smiling ect. i think everyone noticed even jm told here to not look over at the dt table. :moo:

ALV worships at the altar of Lenore Walker. Does anyone remember that Lenore Walker was listed as an expert witness for the defense in the OJ Simpson case? Yes, Lenore Walker was prepared to testify that OJ Simpson was not an abuser, despite the fact that he pleaded guilty to one such offense, there were photos of his wife with a black eye, and he had beaten her in front of witnesses. That about says it all.

Wow! Is that true? I'm the only living American who didn't follow the OJ case. Why would she do that? Just for the $$$$? Or is she nuts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3