trial day 48: REBUTTAL #147

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What did I miss that I didn't see nervousness? I teach and talk all day long and I drink water constantly, I don't have stage fright, I drink lots since I'm always talking and answering children's questions. JMO

FYI: In Arizona, it can be a nice 70 degrees, but with our humidity as low as it is, you can get dehydrated very easily. AC units just make it a bit worse, you feel comfortable and don't realize you're dehydrated until you start getting dizzy.

Phoenix is a little over 1,100 ft. above sea level and very dry ("But it's a dry heat") 8 glasses of water is a must. My ex and I had a landscaping business for 5 years down there. At this time of the year, we'd easily go through 4 gallons of water, each, a day. Where I live now, at about 5,000 ft., the temps are around 65-70 during the day right now. I go through 2 gallons of water a day, no problem, whether I'm inside or outside, it's all about the humidity.

I have a "cabinet incubator" for hatching eggs and I have double the size of water pan to compensate for the lack of humidity in the air being pulled into it. 7%-12% humidity in Central Az is normal this time of the year, Phoenix can go down to an average of 9% in June.......:what:

Hey All, I have receved my rights to post and I am so excited, this is a great bunch to discuss our opinions w/o ridicule & that's awesome!!!
I don't care how old this expert is as a matter of fact that may be a benefit. Because of it she much more up to the times in her knowledge, she's not bias which shows by her performing her evaluation of JA by the book seeking the truth not a specific diagnosis, she is not "old fashion" and will not having a problem asking the REAL questions. Besides that hasn't the defense ever heard of young geniouses? This young lady is very smart, level headed, well rounded in the areas she is testifying, and you don't become a Dir of an agency "immediately" afte being licensed unless you have proven yourself worthy. JW & JA are just envious of her and want to try to make her look bad, I think it is a very bad stragedy on their part.

GO JM YOU ROCK!!!!!!

Welcome! Great first post. :seeya:
:Welcome1::welcome6:

I thought it was HUGE for the prosecution today when this witness said that she spoke to someone in Travis' family for their input. ALV claimed she was unable to do this.

Wow watching hln crossing dd , and JW is talking so fast. Nerves or stress?

One of the BIG differences I noticed between Dr. D & ALV's testimony was that Dr. D just answered the questions without trying to anticipate where JW was going. I got so tired of hearing ALV say "I'm trying to figure out where you're going" instead of just answering honestly.

That has to be one of the worst crosses in this case. Her client's whole "story" of the incident is in direct conflict with the Dr's opinion, and all she can come up with is "well haven't we heard stories of how someone with an arrow and nail in their head walk into an emergency room" and the good Doc H shoots her theory down within seconds.
That was priceless. Thanks for the reminder. Been a long time since Dr. Horn's testimony.

I don't know why they would make a big deal about her age. She's almost 33 years old. At what age does one start being taken seriously as a professional? Or are they trying to make her seem younger because she's the same age as their client over there colouring in her book with her hair in a style usually reserved for an 8 year old? In fact I think I saw a couple of pics of JA in elementary school on NG tonight with that same style.

It is a sharp contrast. It really hits home that this is not a young lovesick girl who committed this act but a full grown woman who should have been able to support herself at least.

MOO

I bow down to this woman who has accomplished SO much in her 33 years. JA has to be so jealous of her -- not only because she's pretty, but very smart and successful.

MOO

Mel

Really enjoying today's witness though I do disagree with one thing: her stance on the Law of Attraction.

Yes it is 'real.' It's one of the Universal Laws and is something recognized for many thousands of years. JA used it incorrectly and Travis did too for that matter. It's not a "think positive" thing at all--it exists whether anyone believes in it or knows about it. It's about energy. It's not a religion, just like physics isn't a religion. "The Secret" was a marketing exploitation of The Law of Attraction. The Universal Laws is as much junk 'science' as anything Stephen Hawking is working on...meaning...not junk at all.

I've been frustrated about people making fun of it all trial. Never had the energy to type all that out on my phone. THANK YOU! :)

Hey! ALV knows how to use "Gee-Mail".....ALV referred to Gee-Mail at least twice, and I cracked up with my husband about that because he knows nothing about email or computers - But he does know about email.....Someone must have started ALV a gmail account and therefore, they are "Gee-Mails".....Killed me now !!! :floorlaugh:

I didn't catch that - thank you. Most folks would say e-mail vs. geeeee-mail. geeeee-mail isn't the only e-mail provider out there.

Mel

If i don't take small sips of water when I am talking a lot I start coughing...She didn't ask for a specxial bathroom break either:floorlaugh:

I do too, and God forbid if anyone walks into the room wearing a strong spicy perfume! At that point nothing helps my choking cough!

Kate, I've got to have mine set wrong. All I got out of that was "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine."

Would you please explain this statement? It is in response to another poster.

I'm sure she is. She is an expert witness. Just sayin' how much she is being paid hasn't come up.... yet :great:

Her rates will be comparable to the other witnesses, no doubt. $300-400 is average, imo. I comfortably assume hers are in the neighborhood. Her google hits now are all about the trial, but previously you would get hits with her involvement in the Maricopa county judicial system. She's establishing herself as court qualified -- probably looking to be a custody evaluator, parenting coordinator and/or on the court appointed panel of psych's assigned to children involved in ongoing custody disputes. That was my impression from looking at her pre-trial links, anyway. jmo

As I understand it, Jodi offered to plead to 2nd degree. Juan Martinez would not accept it.

Jodi would not have stood for the "imperfection" of being thought of as insane -- even temporarily. Self-defense is "respectable and understandable" to her.

Yes, I knew about that. He refused to accept their 2nd degree plea offer after all of her whirly bird stories.

I was wondering if she had just answered the initial questions when Det. Flores first called her and left it alone. And when he asked her to come in for questioning, when they began interrogating her, if she'd shut up and asked for a lawyer would she have gotten a 2nd degree plea.

It was all of those lies and creepy behavior that got her into global trouble, lol. And her attorneys would have shut down the tv interviews straight away.

And if she hadn't created such a stir, despite the horrific details of the crime, she may not have drawn the ire Juan Martinez ... :what: ... and another prosecutor could be trying the case or at least offering a deal. Maybe.

This is my first post here and I wanted to share the Valentine email from Jodi that was shown in court today. Sorry if this is the wrong place. https://twitter.com/starknightz/status/324325054949257220/photo/1

Thanks for posting. I saw that at some point today but looking at it again does anyone know what was removed in that one sentence?

Also does anyone believe that with whatever was going on around the time of that email on Valentine's Day, that Travis was sending her underwear as a gift? She was probably mad that he didn't send her anything.

MOO

Several have mentioned that in the legal thread and AZLawyer said "crime of passion" is not a defense (at least not in AZ).

It must be a defense where I live, because my ex husband got out of his legal trouble by using crime of passion.

What???? Puh-leeze! Not only is Dr. Dr*w a Psychiatrist, he actually teaches it!

Here you go:

Pinsky is also Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at the Keck School of Medicine at the University of Southern California, former Medical Director for the Department of Chemical Dependency Services at Las Encinas Hospital in Pasadena, California,[3] staff member at Huntington Memorial Hospital, and a private practitioner

I just looked him up on the CA med bd.
http://www2.mbc.ca.gov/LicenseLooku...Lookup.aspx?licenseType=G&licenseNumber=55092

Board Certification(s): INTERNAL MEDICINE

So how long do you think JW will try and impeach the impeccable witness on her credentials? She doesn't expect to draw in jurors this way does she? I'm not a violent person but geeesh the thoughts I was thinking while she giggled and whined through her cross.

Listening to some of the cross from today being shown on the DD show. I just cringe at how JW tried to belittle Dr. DeMarte for having less experience than her own "expert" witnesses. Sickening, just sickening.

Thanks for posting. I saw that at some point today but looking at it again does anyone know what was removed in that one sentence?

Also does anyone believe that with whatever was going on around the time of that email on Valentine's Day, that Travis was sending her underwear as a gift? She was probably mad that he didn't send her anything.

MOO

I don't know about the sentence, but I have never believed that he sent her the underwear. When it comes to her nefarious plan, she reads like a comic book to me.

The only thing I can think of is that they didn't want to "defend" a murder two case. IOW, let the prosecution think it's trying a murder 1 case with self defense, then get in the evidence for a murder 2 charge so there's no evidence presented to refute it.

In at least one other case Juan has tried, murder 1 was charged and he couldn't prove it, so he requested a murder 2 charge and the defense objected. The court charged murder 2 anyway and the State got that conviction.

If the posts I'm reading are accurate, the State psych is testifying to BPD. Which doesn't support premeditation at all -- the opposite, in fact. Can't wait to see how it comes out. jmo

BBM - I believe the idea is that she cancels out PTSD, which cancels out the "fog" excuse. Then JM will argue that the only way to explain her "memory gap" is that she's lying and used "the fog" where it was convenient because she didn't have a more believable lie available.

As a bonus, if she cancels out DV/BWS then it makes overkill (definitely) and self defense (possibly) harder to accept. Without them, you have little choice but to believe she planned and carried out the murder.

BPD doesn't give her an excuse for the murder or her convenient lack of memory - and Demarte's explanation surely makes much more sense to the jury than the "if she says X it means Y" nonsense from the two defense "experts" - so what else can it be other than a premeditated over the top murder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member