trial day 49: REBUTTAL; #150

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
These questions being asked are a reminder of trials where DIMWITS represent themselves in a trial and everybody is glad because they seem to be FOOLS...

Juan is good not objecting because the longer this idiotic questioning goes on the deeper in DOO DOO they get

I am a UStream user as well. Last week I had to use WAT, but this week UStream is back and working. I prefer that to WAT, as their screen doesn't adjust to my phone and it buffers WAY more than Ustream.

And to be clear, if you are using UStream on your phone, yes, you will have to download the app, if you use it with your browser on laptop or desktop, no you don't have to download anything.

Just search AZfamily.com

Oops, sorry if I gave wrong info. I don't remember having to download anything but that's no surprise as my brain is fried. :blushing:

Ihavenoclue,

one way JW demonstrated her iffy knowledge of the area she is cross examining Dr. D. about is when she brought up Lenore Walker. Lenore Walker is the person who basically invented/created the test to determine if someone may suffer from Battered Women Syndrome.

The test she devised had six criteria (IIRC). Dr. D. relied upon theis test among others when evaluating JA.

JW thought she had a Perry Mason moment when she informed Dr. D. that the test had recently been revised by the esteemed Walker and no longer contained those six criteria as the indicators. This suggested that young, inexperienced Dr. D. does not know what she is doing and that ALV is the superior expert.

Lenore Walker was on NG last night and stated in no uncertain terms that she

a) still uses the six criteria, and
b) she does not see battered women syndrome in the case of Jodi Arias

Someone will correct me if I have it wrong but that is the way I understood it.

Oops, sorry if I gave wrong info. I don't remember having to download anything but that's no surprise as my brain is fried. :blushing:

Uh oh, another victim - are scambled and fried brains similar ?

Teasing...

:D

She's amazing. She makes JW look like an idiot just by answering the questions factually and to-the-point.

I love that she is also to the point. She may not have a lot of experience in the field but she REALLY knows her stuff!!!! :rocker:

Just hoping all of our trial watchers, and websleuths members are all doing OK this morning. I just opened my eyes to learn a part of Texas blew up. :facepalm: We have soooo many people here from Texas, I thought about you all immediately. I am thinking about you all and hoping you are OK. :(

Just a reminder of how selfish Jodi is being. There are wicked things that happen in this world, terrible things that are no one's fault. People who put their lives on the line to help others. And here we have Jodi. Effecting so many people's lives negatively all becuase she is jealous. Not right, not right at all.

Yesterday Clancy was in the court room. That is the girl Jodi cried about being all over Travis becuase she was drunk and Travis enjoying it, which made Jodi oh so upset. Of course the story was not so however she is VERY jealous of Clancy. So much that even though she was sick she was still able to flash a nasty look at the family section before she left... as per Katie from the trial watchers thread. When I learned she was in the court room I had to :lol: some more. I wish she could be there every day. In fact I wish they could just fill up the court room with all of the women who Jodi was jealous of, all looking gorgeous, happy and free while she sits there in her ugly green shirt.

Thanks, we are 60 miles from the explosion yet we felt it so intensely that we thought it was an earthquake. Please keep those in West in your thoughts and prayers.

Can anyone who watches on an android recommend a link for the live trial that works??? Tyia :blowkiss:

Nursie made a thread for android users! Go there. In summary download ustream from google apps store, then go to azfamily channel or others use wildabouttrial channel, it streams fast fast and fullscreen! The ustream had a complete breakdown for all of last week, but came back this Monday fasyer and better than ever.

Very very easy and quick quick to launch!

HTH

Thoughtful post, Breezy...

I am apologizing in advance for my question...

I listened to some of the trial yesterday.... But not all of it...

could someone be so kind to explain where JW demonstrated a lack of information in a certain area of psychology... And how it was presented?

I have been trying to get the gist of this situation from all of you Sleuthers' terrific posts... But I am still confused... :blushing:

here are some treats for your efforts...

:coffeews: :cupcake:

TIA...:seeya:

Willmott was trying to impeach the witness by bringing out the fact that Dr. D. was "not a domestic violence expert," and she asked Dr. D about Lenore Walker and her 6 Criteria for Battered Women's Syndrome. Willmot got confused at this point and kept asking DD if Lenore Walker had the 6 Criteria in her original book, published in the 70's. DD said they were not part of the original book, but rather the result of current research and in her later editions. Willmott started disagreeing with DD--she then asked DD if she was "aware" that Lenore Walker DID NOT USE the 6 criteria any longer. DD said she thought that was incorrect, and JW dug herself in deeper.

JW was unprepared, sarcastic, mocking, condescending and WRONG on basic facts. I would imagine she's dreading court today! HTH

Can anyone who watches on an android recommend a link for the live trial that works??? Tyia :blowkiss:

dowload ustream from google play then search azfamily in ustream its the first link

Look at it this way:

We can't be sure why Arias brought the gun. I would tend to think it was out of the adage "better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it", due to whatever "plan" she had for the murder itself not really being solid in her mind, or to deal with inadvertency, witnesses or the possibility of taking out someone else if Travis was on the couch with another women.

But in the actual murder itself none of the wounds were immediately fatal. The stab to the inferior vena cava and pericardium would have been eventually fatal, but not immediately. The stab wounds to the back and slashes to the head were mostly superficial, being stopped by bone. The most devastating and fatal wound was the throat cut.

Now, there's really no subtle way to put this: Cutting people's throats and videotaping it has become a preferred terror tactic. They did it in Iraq, during the Chechen War and Mexican drug cartels do it. Many of these videos have ended up on the internet. I've seen a lot of them.

No one ever dies easy this way. In all the videos, even when a person's throat is cut down to the spine relatively quickly resulting in unconsciousness within 30 seconds or so, unconscious doesn't mean dead. It doesn't mean peaceful either. Even with the blood flow to the brain interrupted, the body still struggles to breathe. In the end it may come as "agonal breathing" where maybe a handful of reflexive breaths are taken in a minute. Before that, the body will work at breathing, sometimes almost hyperventilating even though the person is unconscious. On top of that, the breathing is done with copious amounts of blood flowing into the sectioned trachea, the victim is essentially drowning in their own blood. The body will struggle, writhe, fight in a purposeless manner to continue autonomic functions. This will continue until the person doing the cutting works their way through the vertebrae and cuts the spinal cord, which is no easy feat with a knife, or until the dying person runs out of steam in a minute or two...or three.

It's not pretty. It is, in fact, horrific. That is why cartels, for example, videotape it to show what happens to rival cartel members and others that would cross them.

I don't think, at the moment of the head shot, that Travis Alexander was dead. He was mortally wounded, but the "post mortem" appearance of the head wound was due, in part, to there being essentially no blood flow to the head.

If this was the case with Travis Alexander, that once his throat was cut his body still struggled to stay alive, and I have no reason to think that the throat cutting of Travis Alexander was any different than the sample I've seen, then Jodi Arias resorted to the gun as a coup de grace, to finish it because, despite what she saw in movies, killing someone is a lot harder and takes longer than she counted on.

It's real interesting how we all have a slightly different take on these events. I'm sure Juan and Flores didn't see eye-to-eye either in fact, I think they thought (or still think) there might have been another party present.
But putting that aside----sure, we don't know if a gun was taken but applying minimal critical thinking skills, it really looks as if she did.
If not for killing but perhaps for control/threat.

There is no way in my heart that I think Jodi purposefully and with intent, photographed this murder. She may be a LOT of things but I don't think she's one who would've derived pleasure by re-watching this attack. No way!

In fact, I don't think that's really a 'female' activity. I think 'killing', although a primordial instinct, is still very much a man thing and enjoyed by the male species, not female. Men usually want to mount the Deer head. Not women.

So any thrill that might've evolved by actually watching this primitive activity, I would suspect is enjoyed by men. Not women.
Now, I don't mean to be LaViolette-ish but in some instances, males and females are still very different ;)

Willmott was trying to impeach the witness by bringing out the fact that Dr. D. was "not a domestic violence expert," and she asked Dr. D about Lenore Walker and her 6 Criteria for Battered Women's Syndrome. Willmot got confused at this point and kept asking DD if Lenore Walker had the 6 Criteria in her original book, published in the 70's. DD said they were not part of the original book, but rather the result of current research and in her later editions. Willmott started disagreeing with DD--she then asked DD if she was "aware" that Lenore Walker DID NOT USE the 6 criteria any longer. DD said she thought that was incorrect, and JW dug herself in deeper.

JW was unprepared, sarcastic, mocking, condescending and WRONG on basic facts. I would imagine she's dreading court today! HTH

BBM = I believe you are correct.

Perhaps Dr. DeMarte has a better method of cooking frogs rather than boiling them.

:floorlaugh:

I see a reticulated black panther looking at Ms. Wilmott...and after the time spent on cross, Ms. Wilmott hasn't laid a glove on her.

I totally concur. A black panther it is.

I think if she saves JA from the death penalty she will be popular with the guilty set. There are people that are guilty of the crime, As Jodi is. This is not about guilt really.. This is about saving her from death. I think if she can do that for Jodi, It is a success.

I have to agree with you here. And the only way JA could "get off" is if the Pinellas 12 were on the jury...of course, that's IMO. :seeya:

O/T ~ Gotta love HLN Morning Express:

He yabbers about the trial, then jumps to medical marijuana. :what:

Nursie made a thread for android users! Go there. In summary download ustream from google apps store, then go to azfamily channel or others use wildabouttrial channel, it streams fast fast and fullscreen! The ustream had a complete breakdown for all of last week, but came back this Monday fasyer and better than ever.

Very very easy and quick quick to launch!

HTH
Funny I never needed to know , but now that I have to do real life today mr blue was in a panic because we usually watch on my iPhone. :lol: he thanks you all for the info for his droid!

Juan could only have spent around four hours on his own witness on Monday.

Wilmott is up to how much already? Would seven be a fair guess?
He may not even have spent that much. I recently re-watched the state's case in its entirety using David Lohr's YouTube links. He removed all sidebars, etc. Mindblowing to discover that with all the breaks removed, there was less than two hours worth of actual testimony on most days. On the positive side, it really made me respect/appreciate JM's professionalism even more. He was able to get the relevant info from his witnesses with maximum efficiency that comes from preparation, experience and knowing how to ask a cogent question. Lean, mean machine--none of the meandering discourse we saw from the DT.

But isn't JW a public defender? I think she'll always have clients since the court assigns those to public defenders right?

She started out as a PD, but now has her own practice with her husband as a partner & CPA.

Mykeru, that post was horrific and horrifically vivid.
I have seen the wounds Travis endured, and imagined a terrible, terrible scene of his final minutes, but nothing in my mind allowed me to see as it does now. That was stunning insight.

We play and we laugh here, and YOU are often so witty.. but at heart of the trial is this act and now you highlight just how awful it was. And how truly horrible Jodi is.

I prefer truth over anything. Thank you for opening my mind's eye.

(original snipped by me)

Thanks. I often think the way death and killing is portrayed in movies and on television actually perpetuates violence. I think people would have a lot less support for war and the sort of drone strikes we engage in in Pakistan that have a high rate of "collateral damage" if the dead kids were proudly brought into our living rooms.

I think Arias being informed in murder by santized movies probably helped her decide to do it. I hang out with a lot of survival and primative skills people, which includes some "preppers" (Note: Civilization will not collapse, you should prep for entertainment purposes only) who have no concept of cover in a firefight because it's often not portrayed in movies, and when it is, it shows people doing dumb stuff like hiding behind car doors (Note: Even pistol rounds will go through your car door like a hot nail through butter).

So, if we are going to talk about these things, we should know what we are talking about. If we are going to talk about gunshots, throat cutting or other forms of mayhem, there are resources on the internet that will allow you to see how this cashes in in the real world. I'm one of the most unsqeamish people I know. I watched vivisection done on a monkey when I was seven years old. I've removed my own stitches. I pay attention when I have blood drawn, it simply doesn't bother me. However, even the shock site throat cutting videos can make me cringe.

And humor, it was Abraham Lincoln who said "I must laugh or I must cry", or something to that effect. Wit and snark and general graveyard humor are a useful coping mechanism. We are dealing with the ultimate uncomfortable subjects here: Mortality and mayhem. I once read a book on Grizzly Bear attacks in reference to that idiot Timothy Treadwell and one thing really stuck out when the author, in describing a bear attack, talked about the victims awareness of "the ruin of one's own body" while they were still alive. That stuck with me as something particularly horrible: The moment you move past mere injury into realizing you are being dismembered, taken apart. There's an aspect to that in the Travis Alexander murder that makes it more horrible than a quick shot to the head. It's the knowledge that Travis Alexander, on some level, knew he was being destroyed. Stuff like that really taxes our coping mechanism so much that the only resort is to the most effective coping mechanism, which is humor.

I feel for Willmott right now as an attorney. Whatever her reasons to agreeing for this case, I do believe she will suffer greatly from it. I think she's angry, after months of hatred, and critism who wouldn't be angry? Unfortunately, I think its showing. The NG clip last night has to be a huge blow to her career. Whatever information on forensic Psychology and DV she got was faulty.

Not only will Martinez shred it and make her look ridiculous and uneducated, but it seems like a nail in the coffin to her career-- I can't imagine people lining up outside their offices to defend them now, and she has a large amount of negativity from spectators that will rejoice in her failure.

I don't think her cross was meant to be unintentionally misleading, I think she either misinterpreted and/or didn't understand what information was given to her. That is a lot of pressure and stress to handle as a person with real feelings. On top of a client who has no issues requesting such nonsense, she has to as her attorney bring up. I think Willmott needs a lot of support from people close to her right now.

:seeya: You are to kind, because I have ZERO sympathy for Willmott ... She knew what she was getting into when she took this case, for whatever reason -- but she knew ...

She lets her client "flip the bird" at people ... so childish and immature, just as Dr. DeM described Jodi ...

She lets her client do whatever she wants to in court, including FAKE migraines ... she has absolutely NO respect for the court and jury !

JMO ... but Willmott [and Nurmi] should have NEVER gone along with Jodi's LIES about Travis' abusing her and being a 'pedo' ...

I just cannot feel even an "ounce" of sympathy because of their bashing of Travis -- the ONE and ONLY VICTIM in this case !

:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member