trial day 50: REBUTTAL; #151

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard this story over and over and it's always the same. Guys almost uniformly report that the sex is mind blowing/fabulous, but then there is a price that must be paid.

Eventually, the BP has their partner double thinking every thought word and deed to insure that it will not set off the BP. Life becomes very small. No matter what you do or say to reassure the BP and prove your love, they will immediately move the goal posts. Their partners can NEVER win and they can NEVER be satisfied.

I've always heard: Crazy in the head, crazy in the bed. I myself would have no personal knowledge of such things;)

Dr. DeMarte is as strong as they come.

I'm surprised she does not have a military background.

Ugh. I really :please: that JW is done after today.

Dr DeMarte has worked in State hospitals for over 8 years. She is used to sociopaths/manipulators trying to put one over on her, put words into her mouth, try to change her mind. Does JW really think she can outwit her and make her say something she doesn't want to?

I thought Jodi kicked her mom as an adult? When her mom came out to help her move, they fought, Jodi kicked and mom left. That's not correct?

That is what I thought too. :waitasec:

Ok, so I have been trying to come up with a logical reason behind the defense team's strategy here. I think they are dragging this out just to give Jodi a few extra months to live. Think about it.

I'm having the same trouble. JW has to know she is coming off awful. If she's able to read a jury at all, which she should be if she's worth her salt, then she should able to see it isn't going well. I don't know. There is NO method to her madness.

As someone who had a year and a half relationship with a bona fide Borderline Personality (forensically diagnosed after the fact by a therapist) I will share this little bit of relationship goodness.

Like a proper borderline I existed in two states to her: Hero and Villian. When I was a villian, which could happen at a moments notice, I became responsible for all her troubles, even ones that predated me. In this state she was incredibly vindictive. Remember, I didn't know she was BPD at the time and, confirmation bias aside, her behavior only makes sense within the frameword of BPD. Anyway, when she was feeling particularly slighted she would expend all necessary energy to provoke me. There was a learning curve to learning not to be suckered in by this, which was hard because she, in keeping with her diagnosis, knew what buttons to press.

One thing I refuse to do in a relationship is have "relationship critical" conversations via text message. She's one of the reasons for that. Eventually some of my exasperated texts came to a person of authority who, to their credit, recognized she was nuts. Part of their questioning what a terrible, horrible person I was was recognition that my "abusive" texts existed in isolation. She never provided the texts leading up to them, which is a great big red flag.

If you want to know how the story ends, I eventually became afraid of her vindictiveness and her knack for revenge by proxy and, after some false starts in the "I will just be your supportive acquaintance" department, I completely and utterly cut off all contact with her. Sue me, she was inteligent, charming, engaging, looked like an updated Katherine Hepburn and was bat-poo crazy.

That Wilmott is attempting to make a case that Travis was abusive, even if he used "unhealthy" language, by isolating his text that were reactions to Jodi's Borderline behavior, intrusiveness, vindictiveness and just plain crazy shows what a sac de scum Wilmott is.

Seriously, it makes you want to hand a date the MMPI and have her fill it out before the salad comes.

This is an EXCELLENT post!! Thanks for putting it out there Mykeru

I think some people don't understand you don't have to be loud, say negative things or even be angry to provoke someone. I'm learning that JA didn't this in a very low voice, condicending way. Glad you got away :)

Love your pic. Too funny.

Let her continue what's she's doing. This is brilliant! She is on a mission of self-destruct, the jury can see what we see. Let her hang herself with all her shenanigans, and the inappropriateness of how she is handling this witness. Why do you think Juan is letting her 'blow on'?? He can see this is to his benefit. And don't forget he has a professional expert witness in Dr. D that is managing quite well and holding her own. It shows even more the disparity between the defense's experts vs. the prosecution's. I love this, it is quite evident who is gaining more ground here.

And, in all fairness, Juan's style of cross is much more aggressive, i.e., like a hammer down approach compared to Willmott's childish, giggly, style...hers is not effective, his is the bomb!
Juan only ramps up the intensity when he encounters obfuscation, shoddy work, prevarication, illogical conclusions, feigned 'unable to understands', hostility, passive agressiveness, non responsiveness, inconsistencies etc.
JW? She's just doing what JA does. She's trying to mirror someone who has something about them that she thinks is winning. (Juan)

I think some people don't understand you don't have to be loud, say negative things or even be angry to provoke someone. I'm learning that JA didn't this in a very low voice, condicending way. Glad you got away :)

EXACTLY! One of the things I noticed was in one of the "abusive" text message exchanges, Travis is livid about something Jodi did to him. He is trying to communicate to her that what she did was unacceptable and her response to the whole thing was something along the lines of "Is that a photograph or a drawing?"

My BPD mother did this all the time! If she wanted to communicate her displeasure (read: jealousy) about a person in my life that she felt got too much of my attention, she would do something lilke this on the phone:

Me: "My freind Sheila is having a baby! I'm so excited!"
long pause
Mom: "I'm making soup!"

It is designed to convey a message that they think whatever you're talking about is unimportant and they aren't even going to respond like a normal human being.

Here's the rest of the conversation:

Me: "Did you not hear what I said?"
longer pause
Mom: "Well. I don't just don't know HOW to talk to you since all you do is get angry with me."

:banghead:

I thought Jodi kicked her mom as an adult? When her mom came out to help her move, they fought, Jodi kicked and mom left. That's not correct?

Correct. She was an adult and not a child or teenager when she kicked her mother for no reason.

Yes, I did. One of the last contacts I had with her she was living with her parents (she once had a condo) and ended up in a psych ward under evaluation. Her complaint? They wouldn't let her have her lipstick.

Woah! Kidney stones are not fun!! They say those things are more painful than childbirth--and I've had 3 babies naturally w/no pain killers. I don't think I could deal with a kidney stone. Take care of yourself!

Trust me they are brutal. I had a rather large one embedded in my kidney. Had it blasted but still had to pass it. The pain-I describe as pulling a cabbage patch doll thru your nostril :facepalm: I have had 2 Children. Much worse than childbirth. No break in the pain and no prize at the end.

Could someone direct me to the posting of the sketch of Jodi Arias with the sumo knot in top of her head? I've been through about a hundred pages on various threads and can't find it anywhere. TIA!!!

Just to be clear, as I am not recalling her background (everything is starting to jumble together), does she have her Doctorate? I keep calling her Dr. D.....

I hate your sig! LOL! Everytime I go by one of your posts, I end up staring at the dang cat prancing instead of reading your responses. I have to shake myself out of the daze and move on... it's trying to hypnotise me! LOL!

I loved how Jennifer didn't .....under any circumstances ....want the witness to actually answer the question she said she couldn't answer yes or no on....roflmao!

Well apparently we were wrong. I have so much respect to for the witness, I'll defer to her .....lol

IMO the revelation about kicking her mom as an adult didn't come out until later. I don't know if Dr D knew this when she interviewed her. Could be wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member