trial day 50: REBUTTAL; #151

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else notice when JA was staring at Dr. D JA took her hands and ran them down her hair to smooth it???? It was creepy! I didn't notice JA staring at the jury as they left like she usually does.

Are you guys watching on HLN? The testimony that I'm watching doesn't seem the same as what everyone is watching and talking about. They are talking about JA driving towards Hoover Dam and realizing that she had blood on her hands.

That's from yesterday or the day before.

It seems to me that JA mentally tortured people with her absurdly long and serious emails.

This exchange between JW and DD is exhausting! I'm not sure that DD should be so condescending to JW. It makes her look biased IMO.

I think it's more like "My goodness woman give it up already!" The fact that Dr. D remains calm and can answer so clearly really irks JW.

317476ddirlv7wl2.gif

Martinez has to be pleased with this witness. JW has had to abandon several lines of questioning when she presumed JDM had used certain information, which was not the case. It was almost amusing watching JW having to scramble to regain composure and go into the next line of "attack."

In that email, I wonder if TA is angry/ frustrated with his tires being slashed over and over again. Was that happening around Feb 14 2007?

She looks super high. I think she is feeling no pain today. She's even leaning in her chair semi-relaxed. That is NOT normal for her.

[video=youtube;Bpzxf_flm8M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpzxf_flm8M[/video]

Oh I don't think Dr. DeMarte is being testy at all! As a matter of fact, she seems calmer, and more confident than yesterday, as if she's figured out Jenny's trying out her bark, but she's got no teeth.. No danger here, and the calmer she remains, the quicker this is over with. :)

But, Jenny seems unable to mask her personal disdain for this witness. She really seems to dislike her for some reason, not just professionally or just for Jodi's sake. JMO..

So how is JW going to read these tests when she claims JM is not a psychologist?

Well, just gotta say I have been waiting for weeks, nooooooo make that months for the Walmart gas can witness!.

Jodi taking care of a child?? SCARY!!!! The idea of her taking care of kids truly makes me shudder.

Luckily it was only for a couple of months t most.

Other than the verified attorneys here, none of us are qualified to render an expert opinion on anyone's representation. We are layfolk :) This is to another previous poster, not to the one above.
And TBO, her representation is earnest and profound, in that they have a very difficult client to represent in a trial with overwhelming evidence to her guilt.
You give the general public way too much credit as far as our opinions being a threat in any way or as a venue to an appeal.
If my opinion is that important here, I want some coins in my kettle please :)

Yeah, there seems to be a serious misunderstanding of what ineffective assistance of counsel is. Not scoring the points you want to score with a witness is not ineffective assistance. It means either you are working with a bad set of facts or the witness is uncooperative or too difficult to shake.

Ineffective assistance would mean things like falling asleep during trial, allowing in evidence you should not have, and could have omitted, not moving for a change of venue when necessary, not presenting exculpatory evidence, things like that.

Nurmi and Wilmott are good attorneys. They are doing a very good job with what they have. Which is nothing.

I don't happen to like either of them. Okay? I don't like Nurmi for his personal decision to defend sex offenders and for participating in accusing a murdered man of awful things that are not true. I don't like Wilmott for her participation in the same, and her condescending attitude irritates me.

But I'm able to separate my personal feelings to a large degree when I look at how they are doing their job, because of my background as an attorney. Based on that, they are doing a good job. They are going to lose, but they are doing fine and there will be no successful appeal for ineffective assistance of counsel based on their performance in court.

I think people have a hard time separating their personal emotions about this case from what is actually occurring in the courtroom sometimes. We hate jodi for what she did so we hate her attorneys for defending her and her witnesses for their opinions and we thus see every last thing about each of these players we dislike, as negative and horrible, down to the way they sit, the way they wear their hair and the clothes on their backs.

Everything they say is stupid and wrong and everything they do is stupid and wrong.

But that's coming from emotion, not - here's a word we all know now, thanks Dr. Demarte! - "objective" fact.

And that's perfectly normal. It's why people hire professionals to represent them, provide medical treatment for them, advise them as to their finances, etc. Because when we are too close to something and our emotions are in play, it's very difficult to see things objectively.

stupid TH on HLN....JW is adopting JM's style now because the jury responds to that. Ugh, only Juan can do Juan. Give it up, JW. You look a fool. PLUS, Juan deals in truth and facts.

I don't know why JW is being unusually rude to the witness.

It isn't getting you any points.

JMHO
fran

I bet she doesn't take well to being corrected by a witness on the stand, and oh my has the good doctor had to do just that---innumerable times.

I think its done on purpose..just like she writes and uses both hands to show she is ambidextrous. Not sure why but its just something I have noticed with her. She is one strange girl to say the least. Freaky facial expressions, mimicking people on the stand and other odd behavior. Glad to see she is actually paying attention today. Her crayons are put away..for now.

Have to add to this, 2 days ago with the side pony tail, all they needed to give her was a puppy or teddy bear to hold. My 3 yr. old grand daughter wears her hair like this some days, or better yet, when she gets to playing, it slips over to side. :floorlaugh:

i laughed out loud when JW asked that question. want it both ways much?

Exactly. Wonder if she'll belatedly realize that if she wants jurors to believe JA was lying in that email about her fits of temper, they'll probably just as likely believe all the "kind" things she'd written were lies, too. JW spent a lot of time touting JA's sweet, supportive, loving words, only to then turn around and call her a liar. :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NVWoman