trial day 50: REBUTTAL; #152

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I interpreted it differently, as if the juror was asking "isn't trauma, still trauma, no matter if it's a bear or a tiger?"

I will be much more comfortable if your interpretation is more correct.
I don't know if I remember her explanation correctly, by my understanding of it is that: If you report having nightmares about tigers, tigers attacking you intrude into your thoughts, you are avoiding the tigers at the zoo, etc. yet the trauma you reported was that you were attacked by a bear, that would be problematic and invalidate the test.

Ughhhhhhhhh I don't know how to do a screen shot ughhhhhhhhhhhhh but there is a gal in white shirt & guy (appears to be) in blue shirt drinking water.. they lag behind then they try to catch JAs eye... and the Girl/chick waves at her..

I have it paused on my wildabouttrial feed but don't know who to share!!! I hate when I'm limited in my knowledge LOL!

Jodi met and exchanged numbers with a man on the plane after Travis' memorial?????

That Dr. DeMarte doesn't use the updated test and hasn't administered either one in nearly 8 months.

This could easily be because she is now in her own practice and she prefers to use a different test that measures similar symptoms due to cost, convenience, more reliability etc. it sounded like she used that TSI test because she was at that agency and that is the test the agency used. She may prefer a different one and now that she is in control of ordering the test she has chosen a different one.

I didn't like the questions. If I missed something, please let me know. I did not see Jodi as being scared. I thought she smiled a lot, talked a lot and looked a bit haughty. Anyone share my opinion? Cause I am thinking there is one pro defense juror.

i agree with you and i think there may be one or two pro defense jurors. Jodi looked very haughty today IMO

I hope Sameuls and Alyce were watching I bet they r seething that this young whippersnapper got only about 10 questions.

That was interesting what she said about Jodi cracking onto a guy on the plane back from the memorial .. showed that she had completely devalued Travis at that point. So basically she hated him afterwards, perhaps still does.

I am totally okay with the questions especially since JM left them alone except for one. I trust his intelligence and experience.

I am shocked that not one juror questioned her opinion (clinical of course ;)) that JA has BPD. They totally trust her!

I don't know if I remember her explanation correctly, by my understanding of it is that: If you report having nightmares about tigers, tigers attacking you intrude into your thoughts, you are avoiding the tigers at the zoo, etc. yet the trauma you reported was that you were attacked by a bear, that would be problematic and invalidate the test.

I took this as a really astute juror who was attempting to invalidate Dr. Samuels theory. Mission accomplished. :)

Ring stolen and Christmas tree stalking. Nice job Juan

I'm sorry I don't understand your post.

Do you think that Mr. Martinez is doing poorly in this trial?

I think I may understand something about the Christmas tree "incident" but I was under the impression that the defendant showed up unannounced, claimed that she was the girlfriend of Mr. Alexander, would not leave when asked, and since there was "no room at the inn", so to speak ended up sleeping under the Christmas tree. Have I missed a salient point of the testimony or am I confused?

As far as the ring. Have I misunderstood the testimony/evidence again as indicated above?

In other words, do I need to have and MRI done asap? I doesn't take much to confuse me, I am old and my decrepit.

She got to play Dr. Willmott for about an hour. Other than that... She impeached Jodi, and her witnesses more IMO.

ex: She got the doc to admit deleting pictures can be done in fight or flight if its (lower functioning? maybe?) and knew how to use Travis' camera.

But Jodi testified she had never touched or seen Travis' camera until that day, and didn't know how to delete pictures.

She got her to say "pattern" of unhealthy communication on Travis part, even though she was trying to clarify which was explained properly on Juans re-direct. Meaning, he was nasty when Jodi invaded his privacy.....

It's just crazy! If I'm in a fight for my life, I'm getting the hell out of there as soon as I can. Nobody is going to stay around to even semi tidy up for any reason. No, I take tha back. You would do that if you just killed someone and you needed to erase any signs you were there. Fight or flight did not happen that day. I was a little taken aback by some of the jurors questions. For the first time ever, I wonder if we are looking at a hung jury. Seems like a few of the questions were pro Jodi, and I have to think they were all from the same juror.

I love hearing other people's interpretations of the questions. If I'd been asking that, I'd probably have wanted to be told the trauma would be similar because the situation was the same apart from the fact they are still dangerous animals

Yes, but remember DeMarte said one of the unusual things is that one can know the etiology of PTSD: What caused it and therefore what triggers it. The similarities between ostensible causes can't be used as evidence of the cause that was made up, and if it is made up, it isn't the etiology of the PTSD.

And that's what makes Samuels a cheap shill.

Or, to put it another way, someone who makes up a BS story about being abducted by aliens and given the anal probe might be similarly traumatized to someone who was raped in prison.

If you determine after the fact the PTSD was caused by prison rape, you can't go back and use it as evidence that the person was abducted by aliens. And being attacked by aliens isn't the etiology of the trauma caused by...

Well, being truthful is so much simpler.

Similarly, an attack by a tiger and a bear may be similar (well, they are not, they are very, very different, but for the sake of argument), someone who was attacked by a bear but made up a story about being attacked by a tiger, can't be used as evidence of tigers in Alaskan National Parks. And, of course, if you claim to have been attacked by a tiger in Yellowstone, that can't be used as later proof for an equally questionable bear attack.

Uh, wait, what?

Eventually you are just in a state of "lions, tigers bears, oh my, it's all trauma, so what's the diff?"

I posted the posts numbers in the tags but I was unable to verify them so they are probably a couple of numbers off.

sorry for the confusion - just wanted to get them in before the thread closed.

I'm still reeling from the information that our Jodi had the ballz to GET A GUY'S TELEPHONE NUMBER ON THE PLANE HOME FROM TRAVIS' MEMORIAL SERVICE.

So this monster asked Travis' friend to TAKE HER BACK TO THE CRIME SCENE TO LOOK AROUND

She then went to the memorial service and did not shed one tear.

Then, on the way home, she's setting up her next mark/conquest/victim on the freaking plane

And when she gets home, she immediately calls this dude.

WOW. I didn't think I could possibly despise this beyotch any more, but it just went up 10000000000%

She literally makes me want to puke. :furious: She isn't human. There's not one shred of human decency in this ugly woman.

I agree, tiger or bear

murder or self defense

both could IMO induce trauma responses but they would manifest differently than one anther, different startle responses, triggers and nightmares.

I think Dr. DeMarte did an excellent job. I am not worried about any of the few questions the jury posed to her. They appeared to really want to learn and have clarification. They could have asked these questions of either of the defense's experts. They did not. Why?

MOO They trust Dr. DeMarte to give them the truth, unbiased, unvarnished no lipstick for the pig. They trusted HER to answer those questions. They did not trust the defense experts to.

I am thrilled with how well Dr. DeMarte did with her entire testimony, direct, cross, questions, redirect, all of it. I could not imagine how she could have done any more professional, composed job on that stand.

This has been a great couple of days for the pros

again MOO

I didn't like the questions. If I missed something, please let me know. I did not see Jodi as being scared. I thought she smiled a lot, talked a lot and looked a bit haughty. Anyone share my opinion? Cause I am thinking there is one pro defense juror.
IMO, asking for clarification (which is what the questions were, imo) isn't the same as being pro defense. I'm very pro JM, but I could see myself asking any one of those questions if I were on the jury.

To me, none of the questions are pro-defense or even pro-prosecution when it comes down to it; it's just a jury faced with the gravity of having someone's fate in their hands and doing their due diligence.

So far, this jury has struck me as very intelligent and attentive.

IMO

You are not alone. Through the entire trial and questions, it has struck me by questions that someone might be buying the defense load of crap. Today was no different. The 1st question about her experience bugged me.

Sadly I may have to agree with you.

I know that many here don't want to even think that, but to me it is truth. Someone might be buying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV