trial day 50: REBUTTAL; #153

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First time poster but avid lurker especially during Dr. D's testimony. I've been looking everywhere but haven't found out anything for sure. Can someone tell me definitively why Matt M. was not called by either side and also what the outcome of the whole AL hearing that was supposed to happen this week I believe or last week. The Judge ordered her to come back on a Tuesday and I heard nothing since that.

Great discussion everyone; it's a shame that I started posting on a day with no trial; I almost feel like I have nothing to talk about unless the trial is on.

Welcome, and awesome userID!

Plus, isn't there tape of him somewhere saying he would lie for Jodi? For or against, he's on the record as being a willing liar. That's pretty much an automatic impeachment.
Matt McCartney is too much of a wild card for the State to put him on the stand and apparently the defense felt the same way.

does anyone think the man off the jury for being sick,was the one who wrote ques. to alv why are you looking at jodi. i hope the jury isnt even buying any part of ja story about fog..but i think someone is.

I am CONCERNED SHE WILL ESCAPE PRISON!!! She is VERY MUCH LIKE TED BUNDY. Anne Rule said if ted were not executed he would have escaped again and kill again. I think Jodi will also try to get others in Prison too!!! She has already gone after others since there and if she got 20 years she would get out in about 10 to 15 due to time served. she would be 40+ by then and free to kill again!!!!

If it's any consolation, JA is not nearly as smart as Bundy.
:moo::twocents:

I don't know anyone who knows definitively why MM is not being called by either side, but the speculation is that he could be a loose cannon and not reliable as a witness for either side. Both sides have treated him as a radioactive witness.

Unless he's directly tied to the murder, I see no point.

There doesn't have to be a parade of "See How Weird Jodi Is" witnesses. The jury either gets that by now or won't.

It's a trial about premeditation. If MM doesn't have anything to add to that, I say leave him home.

Chester, you gotta a good point there.

Jody has said repeatedly since Travis' death, "officially a couple" during a certain 5 month (?) period. Dates/months anyone?

Does "officially a couple" mean no "dating others" during that period?
My real question:
Has any of Travis' friends, acquaintances, business associates, church members, etc. said Travis said he & Jodi were "officially a couple" (in the sense that they both agreed not to date anyone else)?
In MSM interviews? (Link pls. or name?)
On the witness stand? (Link pls. or name?)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - -- -- -- - - - -----------------------
As far as I can tell, to Jodi, "officially a couple" meant:
---She could start or continue sexual activity of any sort w. anyone.
---Travis was not allowed to talk, text, email, IM, or be in the presence of any breathing female, between ages 15 to 65, for any reason at all. Or think about same. :banghead:

BBM
I believe she testified from Feb 2nd to June 29th, 2007, I recall words from her or him (either in text, e-mail, what have you) about Travis mentioning to her that he was curious at how she arrived at a specific date of their 'official' dating and her response to him had something to do with where they went or something, I can't really recall how she worded it.

What I was wondering was - is there an e-mail, text or IM of when they "officially" broke up? They communicated so much and in so many ways there must be, have we seen anything from around 6-29-07 in testimony?

ETA: Sorry, bolded the wrong question from you, I meant the one above about the dates.

I have been thinking about the tiger vs bear context..

I think they wanted to see what her answer would be. I don't think it is good for the defense. I think the point that the good doctor made is that every different event would have a different response. That if I got bit by a snake, My PTSD would be based on snakes issues. If it was a bear it would be bear issues..
That Samuels eval. is based on a LIE, And it has no basis in fact, Then she would have no one to fear and no one to cause the PTSD...

I also raised the same question as the juror did about the tiger vs. bear issue when I first heard Dr. Samuel aguring about a trauma was a trauma and it didn't matter what the triggering event was. But after Dr. DeMarte's explanation yesterday, I kinda get that it DOES matter in regard to the triggering event because one will experience differently towards the attack of a tiger vs. a bear. Dr. DeMarte also pointed out the test questions tie closely back to the actual event so one can assume that the way the questions state and the contents of the questions must constantly remind the person of the traumatic event, but if one intends to lie about the test which applies to JA, she would then answer the questions based on her falsified intruders' story that she already shared multiple time in the past with Detective Flores and interviewers from 48 Hours and Inside Edition.

does anyone think the man off the jury for being sick,was the one who wrote ques. to alv why are you looking at jodi. i hope the jury isnt even buying any part of ja story about fog..but i think someone is.

I highly doubt it. I've gone to court and that juror slouched down so far in his chair that I doubt he saw that much. Most of the day he was bent over with his elbows on his knees.

I highly doubt it. I've gone to court and that juror slouched down so far in his chair that I doubt he saw that much. Most of the day he was bent over with his elbows on his knees.

i wish i could be in court just to observe the juriors one time but live in pa. do they give any facial expressions at all,i would be so hard for me to not ever have an expression.

This may have been mentioned, but JW kept harping on the fact that DD only spent roughly 12 hours with JA, whereas RS and ALV had spent about 25 and 44 hours, respectively.

What I am wondering is this. How many combined hours did DD spend conducting firsthand interviews with JA and her family and friends, relative to RS and ALV? I think that comparison would be interesting to see.

Didn't GS make some boisterous comment about having information that could either convict JA or set her free? I wonder if after she is convicted he will be so kind as to tell us what he really knew.

I also raised the same question as the juror did about the tiger vs. bear issue when I first heard Dr. Samuel aguring about a trauma was a trauma and it didn't matter what the triggering event was. But after Dr. DeMarte's explanation yesterday, I kinda get that it DOES matter in regard to the triggering event because one will experience differently towards the attack of a tiger vs. a bear. Dr. DeMarte also pointed out the test questions tie closely back to the actual event so one can assume that the way the questions state and the contents of the questions must constantly remind the person of the traumatic event, but if one intends to lie about the test which applies to JA, she would then answer the questions based on her falsified intruders' story that she already shared multiple time in the past with Detective Flores and interviewers from 48 Hours and Inside Edition.

Can I being completely honest here? Sometimes a trauma is a trauma. If you take JA's mythical story of self-defense and compare that to Travis being attacked by strangers then they are both traumas, no doubt. And if JA was the one being attacked by Travis rather than Travis being attacked by strangers then JA's PTSD would be even more intense. Hypothetically speaking, if the self-defense had been true then I don't see why the entire test must be thrown out. JA's PTSD would be greater if it was her life being threatened.

Having said that the truth is JA murdered Travis in cold blood. She had little to no fear, not only did she not avoid anything to do with the murder but relished everything that reminded her of it etc. In this case, the trauma is very different and lies do matter. In this case the test is invalid.

All the talking heads are making comments that make it sound as if it's either PTSD or BPD, why?

I just don't understand why it would be important if Jodi has PTSD as RS claimed it was caused by the HORROR OF MURDERING TRAVIS, not Travis attacking her. Or am I confused and not remembering correctly? Regardless what does it matter if she has PTSD from that day at all, it doesn't change the fact that she killed him. PTSD is just the result from a terrible experience and would be something she suffers post June 4th, 2008. I actually would be happy to know she is somehow haunted by that day, I don't think she is though.

So why would her having PTSD even be relevant? And why are they arguing whether she has PTSD vs BPD. When I heard Dr. D talk about her BPD I thought it hit the nail on the head, I also think it explains why she would premeditate and slaughter Travis.
On the other hand, AGAIN what relevance does her having PTSD have regarding this trial?

:seeya: justsharing! The only relevance I can think of, from the DT's standpoint, is that a PTSD diagnosis somehow justifies JA's "fognesia", whereas a BPD diagnosis with psychopathological overlap creates an ugly, evil picture of JA that the DT wants to keep the jurors from seeing, at all costs.

Just my opinion, of course... :moo: :cow:

This may have been mentioned, but JW kept harping on the fact that DD only spent roughly 12 hours with JA, whereas RS and ALV had spent about 25 and 44 hours, respectively.

What I am wondering is this. How many combined hours did DD spend conducting firsthand interviews with JA and her family and friends, relative to RS and ALV? I think that comparison would be interesting to see.

I believe Dr D talked to TA's brother and if IIRC for 1/2 hour.

Neither RS or ALV interviewed anyone but Jodi.

Oh this is another point. The jurors did ask (grill) ALV about whether she conducted interviews with anyone apart from JA.

They did not grill Demarte on why she did not conduct more interviews. I know she said she spent 30 minutes interviewing Travis' brother. (It's not significant). Another reason to believe that this jury believes in the prosecution.

The whole point of FWB is BOTH parties knowing they are fully and acceptably using the other for a specific reason: sex.

It's not that intimate outside of a loving relationship; it's actually purely physical, which is why people do it. They only want the physicality of it.
The FWB discussion reminds me of a post I read the other day in which the author stated that no one ever reached the promised land (my word choice to avoid offending or being put in timeout) via phone sex because people are visual and talk/words don't get the job done. Don't knock it until you try it!

Oh this is another point. The jurors did ask (grill) ALV about whether she conducted interviews with anyone apart from JA.

They did not grill Demarte on why she did not conduct more interviews. I know she said she spent 30 minutes interviewing Travis' brother. Another reason to believe that this jury believes in the prosecution.

Part of the reason maybe that they didn't grill Dr D on that was that she didn't trash Travis.

What was so damn offensive about ALV's testimony was "knowing" so much about Travis, based soley on JA's lies.

I was livid when she said Travis wasn't a virgin before Jodi. Regardless of whether he was or not, how on god's green earth would ALV know that?

Hi Imkage,

I am going to go on the theory that the DT had little choice. The only way they could save her a-- was self-defense because she was a battered women and she just snapped and defended herself with everything she had. The PTSD was their way of not having her testify to the gruesome events surrounding his death. They did not want her anywhere near an explanation and description of how she slaughtered Travis. The pictures are bad enough.

Say what you will about the Defense Team, but they had "nothin honey" to work with.Especially with her giving the first 2 of 3 stories.

a) EH, I wasn't there--I know NOTIIIIING!
b) Eh, It was the Ninjas (yea that's it, the Ninja's)
c) Eh, Oh now I remember , I'm so silly, it WAS me.

The defense team was lucky they found a Samuels and La Violette to testify for the defense. I think these two knew they were retiring after this case.:moo:

Thanks for your post! I agree and totally understand what you mean. What I still don't understand is how all of this justifies what Jodi and her defense team are doing.

They are trashing Travis and blaming him for his own death. Jodi slaughtered Travis three different ways. Self-defense flys out the window when you count the number of stab wounds to his back and the back of his head, and the 4" slice into his throat nearly decapitating him IMHO.

I just can't fathom how these two attorneys can do what they do. I know every person is ensured the right to a fair trial, but that should not mean Jodi and her team have free reign to lie, cheat, steal, twist, and kill (again), to avoid Jodi having to take responsibility for her actions.

And after re-watching testimony from yesterday, it feels to me like Jodi really thinks she's walking out of that courtroom "arm in arm" with her new BFF Jenny. The rest is all just a big inconvenience on her time.

Didn't GS make some boisterous comment about having information that could either convict JA or set her free? I wonder if after she is convicted he will be so kind as to tell us what he really knew.

OT: What's going on in your avatar pic? Is it a burly man with a burly cat?
Can u post a bigger version?

The FWB discussion reminds me of a post I read the other day in which the author stated that no one ever reached the promised land (my word choice to avoid offending or being put in timeout) via phone sex because people are visual and talk/words don't get the job done. Don't knock it until you try it!

ummm, yeah, uh,

that's not true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads