trial day 50: REBUTTAL; #153

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel compassion for those of you with BPD, it can't be easy dealing with it from what I've read and heard. Kudos to you and other with it who get help.

JA is more than BPD though. She's also a psychopath IMO and it was her psychopathy that led to her slaughtering Travis Alexander, not her BPD.

What's tragic about this trial is leaving the jury with a BPD diagnosis for JA. That's such a horrible stigma that will endure for those of you law abiding citizens with BPD.

I wonder of Dr. D did find that she was a psychopath or sociopath, but was unable to testify to that since it would be unfair to the murderess. She did mention the word psychopathy many times in her testimony.

Still catching up on today's testimony, I'm at about 15 min. into after the lunch break.

Is it just me or does JW seem very condescending when she questions DJD? I can't stand the way she talks to her (DJD), the tone, the verbiage, etc... I couldn't put my finger on what it was until now.

I think one of JW's problems is that she does not REALLY have a grasp of the material. Someone gave her notes. So she is attacking a highly educated psychologist, on psychological theories, and trying to argue with her, when she has no idea what she is talking about. So her voice starts creeping up and up and she starts talking faster and faster, the more nervous she feels.

The few times that she was on fertile ground, she was not sounding as much like Minnie Mouse. But even then, the points were kind of superfluous. She spent 3 days on this cross, and did very little damage, imo.

What was the final ruling on wearing blue ribbons in court?

Why is JA's mom wearing a blue ribbon every day?

TY in advance.

Thank you and I agree. This trial is upsetting to me, it conjures up bad feelings about myself (I feel like a monster) and I've thought heavily about many things.

Awwwwww :(. That is so damn sad. :(

Whenever you feel badly about yourself, give yourself a pat on the back for taking charge of your health and getting the help you need. That is bravery!

Look in the mirror as often as you can and tell yourself that you can do this because you're worth it.

The monsters in this world are the JA's. Not people like yourself. uh uh

True, very weird, the whole thing is. As much as I've read he loved his dog, I wonder what their arrangement was with regards to taking care of the dog when he was away?? Wouldnt they find it odd if nothing was said combined with a bad smell in the house...

Travis made arrangements for his dog "Napoleon" when he was to be in Cancun. He had a will as I understand for "Napoleon" - It sure has he!! was not for his murderer stalker.....

JMO

OT, but for everyone that uses Tapatalk app, I recently bought the Tapatalk 2 app and love it 1000 times better! Kinda expensive though (3.99) but IMO well worth the $.

I wonder of Dr. D did find that she was a psychopath or sociopath, but was unable to testify to that since it would be unfair to the murderess. She did mention the word psychopathy many times in her testimony.

Someone here told me the other night that that would be too prejudicial.

I still don't understand why, since it is a condition that does exist and if that's the truth, the jury should hear it.

Meanwhile, leaving the jury with just a diagnosis of BPD is cr*p.

JA's BPD did not slaughter Travis. Her psychopathy did.

I just found what looks like my screen shot of JSS and JM on the JM FB Page. Does make me a famous screen shotter? Now I know why someone said I know exactly where you got the avatar from.

You heard all about copyrighting, didn't you?!

I feel compassion for those of you with BPD, it can't be easy dealing with it from what I've read and heard. Kudos to you and other with it who get help.

JA is more than BPD though. She's also a psychopath IMO and it was her psychopathy that led to her slaughtering Travis Alexander, not her BPD.

What's tragic about this trial is leaving the jury with a BPD diagnosis for JA. That's such a horrible stigma that will endure for those of you law abiding citizens with BPD.

Agree with you there! Psychopaths are extremely violent.

I can tell you first hand as a borderline person - we don't go as far as murder, we usually self harm (be it cutting, drugs or bad relationships). Murder is unusual for anyone and not specific to one disorder.

I have a family member with BPD and yes cutting, eating disorders, bad relationships and/or drug and alcohol are part of it. I was just stating that "if" I had to consider JA with a personality disorder, I'd have to consider her to be antisocial or a psychopath. I have had some traumatic experience with an ex that was antisocial, and he was extremely violent. My own dad is a sociopath/narcissist that I have had to cut ties with 10 years ago because he was too difficult to deal with.

Hubby was bit by a copperhead on his right pinky. He will be in ICU, then move him in to another room tomorrow. Thanks for all the prayers. Much appreciated and love you guys.

Sending Prayers and hugs to you!:grouphug:

Help me out here. I do not understand how a loss in overall value of a house would have anything to do with needing to take in roomates. The house payment is the house payment, right? It does not change no matter what the current value of the house. Unless you have a variable rate mortgage, that is.

But basically it would be a drop in income, not in home value, that would lead to needing roomates to help cover the costs, right?

Well, in many cases, people had accrued generous lines of credit because of the high rise in their property values. Our 5 bedroom almost doubled in value FOR A BRIEF TIME. So our money that was paid in, combined with the new appraisal, gave us a nice credit line, with very low interest rate. We also refinanced once and took some of our $ out. We NEVER used credit cards so we avoided that debt totally.

Then when the bubble burst, that line of credit was GONE. My DH had relied on that several times because he is a writer and gets paid in big lump sums. Often we are BETWEEN paychecks. So that made it difficult for us.

I bet something similar happened to Travis. When his home was valued in the high range, he would have collateral at the bank for a loan if need be. But when the bubble burst, he would be underwater. No help available for a business loan or a low interest loan anymore. And his business was also the type where it was irregular paychecks.

omg! I hope he is okay? ((((()))))

They hope to have him in a regular room tomorrow. His arm is swollen terribly, and he's in a lot of pain. They wouldn't let me stay with him in ICU, so going back down in the morning. They started to ship him out to the University of Ky but he refused. I think with lots of TLC, he will be ok. I just won't be on here as much, for awhile. Going to go back and watch some coverage then off to ZZZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
electricalbee651