trial day 50: REBUTTAL; #153

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was just thinking the longer this trial continues, the longer not just Travis's family and friends have to wait for justice but other people with other tragic stories also have to wait, until JSS and JM have time to help them. Of course I know JM has people helping him and there other judges but there has to be other families also in limbo land now just waiting for their cases to finally begin trial. So tonight my thoughts and prayers are with all those 'other' families who remain in limbo land waiting for progress and to get justice in their own heart-breaking stories.

Could be that its all about setting some new rules, perhaps 1-hour for lunch, promptly starting @ 9:30am, having a set up agreed on just in case JA claims she has a migraine again, something that would allow the trial to continue, perhaps alerting on making real Objections, instead of the Objection per sentence we've been getting, and when the Def's Objection is OverRuled the constant call of "May we Approach" <<< this has gone way too far, and I mentioned yesterday that I would have bet 10 to 1 that the judge cautioned JW after she started making constant Objections, especially if, in fact, JW did say that "B" word some think she did.

Its been mentioned many times that the judge needs to control the court, because the Def acts as though they do...regradless, this trial has to Move. We already past the time that the Jurors were told it would be over.

Greetings WS Friends,

Just got released from my second Time Out in a week. Apologies to the mods.

My 68th birthday is next week, so I guess I'm so old I don't even know when I am being bad. In a post yesterday, I typed a nickname of JW's last name, which I learned is prohibited. Thus resulting in TO.

My beloved cat's name is Willy-Neison and is called "Willy". I am just so accustomed to saying "Willy" dozens of times a day............Anyway I am being super diligent now and will probably lurk more than I post.

I love WS and have been with this trial since Day 1.

I'm sure others have noticed that Jodi stated before, or maybe JW did that Jodi/Travis broke up, their "official" (lol) relationship because of Travis "cheating". Well how come, Jodi answered before to someone that it was because she broke a trust or something. I think she got caught doing something and she had to work to get back in his good graces. Wonder what she did?
Travis might date around if not involved with someone, but I don't see him seeing other people if he was focused on one girl unless Arias crawled in bed with him in the middle of the night to give mouth hugs. Sorry to be graphic. Jodi looked too smug when that one girl said Jodi was cheating with Travis.
Jodi also acted like she owned Travis, but yet she seen Abe and used Abe when it was convenient to bait Travis. Abe called her on it, he called her on a lot of things...too bad Jodi didn't meet a few more Abes in her life.

I just find it incomprehensible that women today choose to enter into a 'friends with benefits' situation with any man. To me, it is choosing to be devalued as a woman. You are nothing more to him than an oriface, a sperm bank. Sex is SO intimate, bodies are merged. Why would you enter into that unless it is a love relationship? I just don't get it. Get a vibrator, at least you don't feel used by a vibrator.

I agree with this, but only in part. In a friends-with-benefits situation, I don't think that either party are necessarily reduced to their sexual parts. There may be a genuine liking for one another involved, as well as shared common interests--besides sex, that is! Though, I don't think that real, genuine friends would enter into a contract like this. Hence, the "friends" part of the phrase is a loose term, not referring in any way to an ideal friendship, which is akin to the idea of a soul mate, except without the romance and passion.

I do agree with "Sex is SO intimate, bodies are merged." I would add, too, that while it's primal, and is an expression of our animal selves (the birds and bees do it, too!), it's also an expression of our deepest selves, with all that includes, for better or worse. It stirs things up, psychologically speaking. To try to purposefully avoid intimacy from something so inherently emotional, and potentially powerful, and to try to manufacture a disconnection, while reaping the benefits of pleasures that are designed to enable bonding, is kind of inviting trouble. Trouble that will rear its head either sooner or later.

Of course, even with the warning bells, it will happen anyway. People who are lonely, or who are unable to, for whatever reason, establish a loving relationship--well, those conditions don't make the sex drive disappear. So, in my opinion, a friends-with-benefits situation is not shameful, but very risky.

I really wish that question would have been "If the test was written under the guise that the event in question was a bear attack, but in actuality that individual was hunting that bear, would that invalidate the test?"

Okay, I went back and suffered through a little bit of JA testimony on day 14. Here's the timeline:

In September of 2001, while working at Applebee's in Ashland, OR, JA found out about Matt cheating on her with Bianca. She immediately drove 1.5 hours to confront Bianca at the Lodge at Crater Lake. Jodi and Matt broke up a few days later in Medford.

In October, 2001, Jodi left the southern Oregon area. Jodi got a job as a server in the restaurant at Ventana Inn and Spa in Big Sur, California. After her interview with Darryl Brewer, Brewer hired her. She was allowed to use the campground with other employees there, and she bought a tent and lived in it. Matt McCartney moved to California and was hired at Ventana about a week later. They then lived together in the tent for two weeks. Jodi said that there were "blurred boundaries" during this time and recalled that they had sex "one time."

During the summer of 2001 Jodi developed a crush on Darryl. In 2002, Jodi took the position of wedding coordinator at Ventana. Darryl resigned his management position after one year, but retained a supervisory job at Ventana. Jodi and Darryl "discovered" their "mutual interest" in early 2002. After a short but unclear period of time, Darryl took another step down to become a server. They began dating while Jodi and Darryl were both still living in staff housing in separate apartments.

Jodi worked at Ventana for 3.5 years.

Darryl and Jodi bought a house together in Monterey in 2005.

Redundant disclaimer: This is all coming from the mouth of Jodi, so you know that a large percentage of it may not be true at all.

Did Darryl admit to going from management to server so he could be with JA. They were able to buy a house in Monterey, Calif. working as servers? It wasn't a buyers market in 2005 was it? Either way, how in the world could they make the payments?

The defense is trying to say that because she has PTSD she can't remember anything after the shooting and that the shooting came first. They are saying that since she can't remember the stabbing and more horrific aspects of the crime she shouldn't get the death penalty. But more importantly to them, they are using the Domestic Violence aspect to claim self defense and no guilt on her part.

The borderline personality dx as per the prosecution shows that she had personality issues that would make her capable of committing this crime in a premeditated fashion. MOO

But I thought she couldn't remember the stabbing because her hippocampus was flooded and that's why she can't remember the stabbing.
How can she have PTSD from something not remembered.
I wish Dr.D would have gone into it more. It seems as if the DT tried to give two reasons for the fog. It's always been my understanding that PTSD is something that effects you after the event, like Dr.D said. Things, sounds, smells, or any other situation that would bring the trauma back, you know the foggy trauma.:floorlaugh:

Finger was bleeding while deleting photos. Camera gets bloody-er. Fingerprints and blood all over camera. Camera gets washed just like sheets and towel which also have her DNA on it.

Agree! I once had the theory that the camera mistakenly got tangled up in the sheets, thus ending up in the wash. Couldn't understand why she just didn't take the camera with her, like the gun, remove the memory card and dispose of everything like she disposed of the gun.

Why do they keep saying JA was a photographer? I get that she liked to take pics, and she photographed a friend's wedding as a gift. But did she actually make income as a photographer? Or was she just a self-proclaimed photographer?

I just don't find her photographs professional.

I believe it had to be some sort of tactical knife.

Even the biggest and best butcher knife is made for slicing, not stabbing. There is no guard to keep your hand from slipping down the blade and getting sliced if you are stabbing something. (A lot of people who stab someone violently and repeatedly have hands that are all sliced up. Once that knife gets slippery with blood it's hard to hold onto)

A tactical or hunting knife, something made more for stabbing would have a good guard (there is a specific name for that piece, don't remember it) and would have prevented her hands from being shredded.

Not that it really matters, knife = knife, premeditation = premeditation

Yep - I have always felt it was a hunting knife. The guard is called a quillon and is the only way, IMO, she could have come away without multiple cuts to her hands. Most of the stabs hit bone and her hand would have slid down that blade each time without the quillon.

Dr. Samuels testified over and over that Arias had created an alternate reality. He believed that was a response to overwhelming trauma. The more realistic belief is that she elaborated a Ninja lie to conceal her killing of Travis & avoid prosecution. We would agree that she held the construct in mind for ready convenience when asked questions about June 4.

When she took the PDS test for Dr. Samuels, she checked assault by strangers. In subsequent questions, she would also be referring to her Ninja construct or what the doctor refers to as her alternate reality. Her efforts would be directed at remaining consistent & she could accomplish this by holding her fantasy in mind. This invalidates all her answers as to the trauma. Dr. Samuels feels that trauma is trauma. But by his own assessment, Arias's deception was not limited to the fact that the Ninjas did it, it was a whole alternate reality miles apart from the truth, requiring many other "facts". Her answers would line up with that, since she began with an outright lie.

Dr. Samuels may have stated that the test was sensitive to deceptive answers but if he did, his own evaluation belies that because he did not detect the falsity at the time of administering the test. He came to the realisation Arias was untruthful through other means later.

Anyone else feeling burnt out and completely annoyed by the attention and money spent defending Arias and the senselessness of her crime? How many criminals of Arias's caliber are afforded such coddling by their defense teams? Anyone else notice Willmott stroke Jodi's hair yesterday? Is it in part because like Casey Anthony she is perceived to be attractive? That judge from the Anna Nicole case is stating Jodi won't get the DP because attractive females aren't put to death.

How could she have possibly thought she would ever get away with it? How with above average intelligence would she think all the evidence of her pre-planning wouldn't be strong enough circumstantial evidence to help convict her? How in her own mind would she not worry she would leave her own blood/dna evidence behind? It boggles a sane mind.

Did Darryl admit to going from management to server so he could be with JA. They were able to buy a house in Monterey, Calif. working as servers? It wasn't a buyers market in 2005 was it? Either way, how in the world could they make the payments?

I don't remember and I'm out of time to look back at his testimony today. (Work really interfering with my justice-seeking curiosity today!) Darryl was a divorced father with custody of his young son, too. No, it wasn't a buyer's market then&#8212;and Monterey is a very expen$ive place to live, even by California standards.

ETA: However, that was before the bubble burst, and many people were able to get into homes they could never afford.

Didn't GS make some boisterous comment about having information that could either convict JA or set her free? I wonder if after she is convicted he will be so kind as to tell us what he really knew.

I don't understand why some people continue to give this man any thought. He is not reliable and IMO has nothing to do with this case.

Greetings WS Friends,

Just got released from my second Time Out in a week. Apologies to the mods.

My 68th birthday is next week, so I guess I'm so old I don't even know when I am being bad. In a post yesterday, I typed a nickname of JW's last name, which I learned is prohibited. Thus resulting in TO.

My beloved cat's name is Willy-Neison and is called "Willy". I am just so accustomed to saying "Willy" dozens of times a day............Anyway I am being super diligent now and will probably lurk more than I post.

I love WS and have been with this trial since Day 1.

Wow! You've done some "hard time" this week. Glad you're back.:seeya:

I just had to tell you…my two cats are Waylon and Willy!

Why do they keep saying JA was a photographer? I get that she liked to take pics, and she photographed a friend's wedding as a gift. But did she actually make income as a photographer? Or was she just a self-proclaimed photographer?

I just don't find her photographs professional.

we never heard of any classes she took in photography or studied it in any way. she liked to take pictures. she told people she was an 'artist and a photographer.' she thought it made her sound cool, IMO. but i don't think JA knew any more about taking pictures than the rest of us mere earthlings!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onus