trial day 50: REBUTTAL; #153

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a "balloon" mortgage - initial payments start off lower and increase over time. Does anyone know the purchase price of the house? The figures - even $4000 a month - don't seem unreasonable for a house that was $500,000+. I'm sure that there are folks in my sub whose mortgage payments are that high, especially for those who bought their homes when the market skyrocketed. :moo:

There's a website that you can plug in any property address and find out this info. I thought too that it sounded like a balloon mortgage. Given when he purchased the home it made sense.

did you ever see 'midnight express?' in one part, all these poor guys in this awful turkish prison walk around this big stone column all day, for no reason at all. they just feel compelled to do it.

this trial has become my big stone column!! I HATE THIS TRIAL. i want it to be over SO badly, so that TA's family can try to get back to some semblance of normalcy----and that will be very hard to do after what they've been through for 5 years. it will be hard for ME just after 5 months (i'm including may because after conviction, we still have the penalty phase to go) because it makes me so furious and anxious.

as for your last point, i think in jodiworld, she planned to get in, get out. but because of her obsession with him, she stayed far longer than planned and then the killing itself didn't go the way she pictured it in her head. it was a mess. i think she STILL thought hair and prints wouldn't hurt her since she'd been in the house many times, she didn't know she left the bloody print, she thought she'd destroyed the camera and she took the weapons with her. so in her magical thinking, she was all good. worried, i'm sure, but she's very used to lying her way out of trouble and thought she could do it again.

BBM Ha yes I have....good analogy!! As to your last point(paragraph)...she really miscalculated!

BBM
I believe she testified from Feb 2nd to June 29th, 2007, I recall words from her or him (either in text, e-mail, what have you) about Travis mentioning to her that he was curious at how she arrived at a specific date of their 'official' dating and her response to him had something to do with where they went or something, I can't really recall how she worded it.

What I was wondering was - is there an e-mail, text or IM of when they "officially" broke up? They communicated so much and in so many ways there must be, have we seen anything from around 6-29-07 in testimony?

Breaking up by text message? Are you joking? Not even Jodi is that much of a monster! :gasp:

DD did testify on direct about a tiger bite,does anyone remember this?

Jodi most likely doesn't require glasses - she wanted them. She always takes them off and fidgets etc. I have horrific eyesight and I'm blind as a bat without them. Before my eyes got to this point I didn't require them for anything outside of driving / tv, but I still didn't behave like her.

they are trying to desexualize her the best that they can.

I don't know if she really needs the glasses. But after seeing her in court without them on, I understand why she wears them.
Her eyes look incredibly black and empty and soulless. I think her spectacles are, in part, an attempt to cover some of her blackness.

Sounds like a "balloon" mortgage - initial payments start off lower and increase over time. Does anyone know the purchase price of the house? The figures - even $4000 a month - don't seem unreasonable for a house that was $500,000+. I'm sure that there are folks in my sub whose mortgage payments are that high, especially for those who bought their homes when the market skyrocketed. :moo:

Sounds like an adjustable rate mortgage. Balloon mortgages have a lump sum payment due at the end of it.

did you ever see 'midnight express?' in one part, all these poor guys in this awful turkish prison walk around this big stone column all day, for no reason at all. they just feel compelled to do it.

this trial has become my big stone column!! I HATE THIS TRIAL. i want it to be over SO badly, so that TA's family can try to get back to some semblance of normalcy----and that will be very hard to do after what they've been through for 5 years. it will be hard for ME just after 5 months (i'm including may because after conviction, we still have the penalty phase to go) because it makes me so furious and anxious.

as for your last point, i think in jodiworld, she planned to get in, get out. but because of her obsession with him, she stayed far longer than planned and then the killing itself didn't go the way she pictured it in her head. it was a mess. i think she STILL thought hair and prints wouldn't hurt her since she'd been in the house many times, she didn't know she left the bloody print, she thought she'd destroyed the camera and she took the weapons with her. so in her magical thinking, she was all good. worried, i'm sure, but she's very used to lying her way out of trouble and thought she could do it again.

Thanks button was not enough for this great post, ks.

I love the analogy you made, BBM above. You have put into words my feelings about this too.

It is weird to be so obsessed with something you are not personally connected to, and makes you feel such emotion. I guess it is like a gambling addiction in a way. Where you get unanticipated jolts of triumph (Juan), unknown periods of anxiety (Lisa, Mimi), bouts of anger (JW) and you have no control over any of it.

Could be that its all about setting some new rules, perhaps 1-hour for lunch, promptly starting @ 9:30am, having a set up agreed on just in case JA claims she has a migraine again, something that would allow the trial to continue, perhaps alerting on making real Objections, instead of the Objection per sentence we've been getting, and when the Def's Objection is OverRuled the constant call of "May we Approach" <<< this has gone way too far, and I mentioned yesterday that I would have bet 10 to 1 that the judge cautioned JW after she started making constant Objections, especially if, in fact, JW did say that "B" word some think she did.

Its been mentioned many times that the judge needs to control the court, because the Def acts as though they do...regradless, this trial has to Move. We already past the time that the Jurors were told it would be over.

There won't be any "New Rules". This trial is about "Justice" not "Public Consumption". Arizona has a strong tendency to march to the beat of a different drummer, mainly the people of Arizona. If it's not broke, don't fix it. The Arizona Constitution and the A.R.S. are as unique as the State. The only thing that brings National attention to us is when we address specific issues uniquely affecting Arizona, busloads of people from outside the State want to protest at our Capital, telling us how we should think and act, some Governor/high official, whatever, from New York does a "private investigation", or ATF does a repeat of what they did in Texas previously, with the "Fast/Furious" gun running fiasco.

Weeks down the road, this trial will be over, the circus will leave town, and it'll be what it'll be. Arizona will keep doing what it's doing, basically minding it's own business and doing right by the citizens of the State. IMHO.

Guys, I'm feeling a little bummed about the juror questions for Dr. DeMarte. Most of them seemed born out of a want for understanding, but others, like the bear/tiger question, or even the organizational thinking question, seemed like challenges.

The former in particular is logically bankrupt. A more apt comparison, if they were indeed seeking clarification, might have been an attack by a stray dog versus an attack by your own pet dog. I think Dr. DeMarte answered it professionally and well, but it didn't seem like a Q designed to get a better grasp on the concept; as previously stated, it was a challenge. And, JMO, an incoherent one given its premise.

I would wager that at this point, every juror knows more or less how they'll vote. There's been enough evidence presented and enough time lapsed that it's now more about just cementing those ideas in their head. To have a Q such as the 'tiger/bear' shows a deficit in understanding that I'm not sure can be rehabbed, you know?

Thank you! Exactly. [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9272573&postcount=1251"]This is exactly what bothers me about this question[/ame].
thumb.png

Where had we heard that "she slept under the Christmas tree" story? I thought it was from one of the "invited" young women who stayed at his house, telling about his disavowing that JA was his gf. I guess it wasn't in court? So it was on an HLN interview? tia

Yes it was on HLN

Guys, I'm feeling a little bummed about the juror questions for Dr. DeMarte. Most of them seemed born out of a want for understanding, but others, like the bear/tiger question, or even the organizational thinking question, seemed like challenges.

The former in particular is logically bankrupt. A more apt comparison, if they were indeed seeking clarification, might have been an attack by a stray dog versus an attack by your own pet dog. I think Dr. DeMarte answered it professionally and well, but it didn't seem like a Q designed to get a better grasp on the concept; as previously stated, it was a challenge. And, JMO, an incoherent one given its premise.

I would wager that at this point, every juror knows more or less how they'll vote. There's been enough evidence presented and enough time lapsed that it's now more about just cementing those ideas in their head. To have a Q such as the 'tiger/bear' shows a deficit in understanding that I'm not sure can be rehabbed, you know?

I think you should go back and listen to the jury questions for RS and ALV.
Those were full of cynicism if not downright contempt - nothing like the questions for JDM.

I agree the bear/tiger question was not good for the prosecution, but not a game changer.

i think there is a majority that's convinced this is murder. if there's ONE juror who's on the fence, they may be persuaded by those jurors because the evidence IMO is overwhelming. i would hope that juror can be convinced in deliberations. if there's more than one, i'll be surprised, but then we've got a real problem. i just won't let myself believe this jury won't convict her and i don't want to see some BS compromise verdict either.

There's a website that you can plug in any property address and find out this info. I thought too that it sounded like a balloon mortgage. Given when he purchased the home it made sense.

I don't know the address and am not really that interested. Maybe someone here knows the info and can report.

Please forgive me if this has already been dealt with here. I saw in another thread someone mentioned a possible rumor of a gun being found that may have been the one JA used to kill Travis. I did a little searching and found a Topix article from March 27th.... have I missed this conversation here? Please let me know. And MODS if this link is inappropriate, please delete this post for me?

http://www.topix.com/forum/law/criminal-defense/TI3P459ARB1AERHDI

Beachgirl I have never seen this but i wonder if Juan knows about it?

I live in the SE and our house payments aren't as crazy as other places in the country. Where I live you can get a 2800 sq ft house for around $300K.
Seriously, how in the world could two servers qualify for a $500K house?
Maybe they had down payment money - who knows.

I'm watching the medical examiner's testimony. What do we need Matt, the Hughes or anyone else for? Let's get the walmart guy and the medical examiner. That's it. There is no place in this universe for a thing like JA.

OT: I rather be broken up with by written correspondence than face-to-face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member