trial day 51: REBUTTAL; #156

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning peeps! Glad to be back after a long weekend. Going out of town with my sister overnight so I'll be checking in to catch up later tonight! Hope it is a wonderful day fo[of justice for Travis today!

WildAboutTrial @WildAboutTrial

Willmott is here in a vomity green colored outfit. .she just strutted down the tan carpet like it was the academy awards. #JodiArias

Ooh...a little 'tude today, Wild?

QUESTION

what does it mean when you hit the "play" button on AZ central and get nothing....same on WAT??? just getting black screen?????? my computer dh just left and now I'm pondering.....TIA :seeya:

Refresh the page? WAT is showing the seal.

:eek: HLN talking about the rise in STD's among senior citizens!

OMG! :giggle: Saying the kids need to talk to their parents about protection!

I heard about this a few years ago when we were putting my grandmother into an assisted care place. Alot of sexually active seniors out there...waaaaaay more than you'd guess.

It's a fact! I live a few miles from a very large retirement community here in Florida. They are infamous for having a high rate of STDs. Oh grandma! And your grandbabies thought you were out playing shuffleboard...lolz.

I live in a retirement community, too, but mine is sedate in comparison. :)

In Chambers already. Wonder how long this will be.

Juan is here in a dark suit with awesome salmon tie. Counsel just headed back to chambers. #JodiArias
half a minute ago

It's a fact! I live a few miles from a very large retirement community here in Florida. They are infamous for having a high rate of STDs. Oh grandma! And your grandbabies thought you were out playing shuffleboard...lolz.

I live in a retirement community, too, but mine is sedate in comparison. :)

They should start passing out condoms in the nursing homes.

Oh, no. huh uh. that whole manslaughter motion. BULLSPIT! BULLSPIT I SAY.

This judge better show some backbone and tell the DT that enough is enough is enough. They've had years to try and formulate a defense. They went with DV and self defense. Period. They should not be allowed to halfway through the longest danged trial of the century, once they've figured out they are loosing on that Defense, change their defense to "crime of passion" blah blah blah just because JM has blown their DV carpola out of the water.

At some point this must end. I am livid.

I could not agree more with everything in this post.

This judge needs to rule solely from a legal view on the DT's latest motions. Meaning, does the motion and argument therein meet criteria that would allow the surrebuttal, etc., If not, it should be denied.

Judge needs to stop being afraid to do her job. She comes through sometimes and each time I see that I have new hope, but then she usually does something to quash that hope.

present *grabbing a comfy looking chair*

Juan is here in a dark suit with awesome salmon tie. Counsel just headed back to chambers.

I don't get why the DT did not use "crime of passion" right off the hop.

Refresh the page? WAT is showing the seal.

I have....I've restarted and everything.....perhaps my dh curse has worked...I know when he comes home he will be cranky.....doesn't get this interest....:blushing:

I'm finding it amusing that the defence team are adding this 'crime of passion' to the list of findings.

The jury will never realise the irony (too much is kept from them, IMO), but Nurmi is now announcing to the whole world that his client lied on the stand about self-defence, which to me is also an admission that there was no physical abuse to cause her to fear for her life, and no pedophilia incident to set off the physical abuse.

Wherein lies the truth, Mr. Nurmi?

I hope the jury remembers her testimony how she said the day reminded her of another day when TA allegedly attacked her and JM kept stressing that according to her TA apologized that day. So if on the day she murdered TA she flashed back to that day, she would have no reason to expect him to hurt her.

I really hope the jury remembers the prosecution's case and JM cross examining JA. I hope they haven't gotten lost in the fog created by the defense.

Whacha think they're all in chambers AGAIN for? Couldn't be a mistrial motion, right. LOL

My PC is making all kinds of noises like it's trying to run away.

For real?

As long as it's a case fan, and not a laptop, you're probably good for awhile.

If HDD, or PSU, CPU, or chipset fan(s) = badness.

Here's a bit from that article:

The state trial court found that Dr. Geffner's affidavit lacked credibility for three reasons: (1) the evaluation, which makes conclusions as to Clark's conduct in 1987, was conducted five years later, in 1992; (2) Dr. Geffner did not review the court records or a transcript of the trial testimony; and (3) Dr. Geffner relied upon records from Clark's childhood in Pennsylvania, with no records since 1976, and upon hearsay information supplied by Clark's attorneys, with no independent verification of the information, and interviews with Clark. The state court further found that, even if credible, Dr. Geffner's affidavit does not support a conclusion that Clark was either incompetent or insane at the time of the murders, or that he did not act deliberately within the meaning of the first special issue. The state court noted that Clark testified that he had not taken any drugs on the day of the murders, and found that Clark's trial counsel had no indication that Clark was suffering from drug withdrawal at the time of the murders. Moreover, the state court pointed out that, in any event, evidence that Clark was acting under a drug-induced delusion when he committed the murders would have been immaterial to an insanity defense and "would not have conflicted with the overwhelming evidence of deliberateness."

NO PROB FOR JUAN

Just insert ALV's name in the highlighted portions and it's Groundhog Day all over again. Is the DT really that dense...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member