trial day 51: REBUTTAL; #157

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did 2 loads of laundry, took the dog out for a walk, made lunch and snarfed it down, gave the dog a rawhide bone to keep her happy for a little while, and I have to leave early today (about the afternoon break time).

Anyone willing to pseudo-transcribe for those members who can't watch or listen in real time?

A shout out to all newbies and the lurkers who haven't taken the big plunge of signing up!

We would love to hear all of those comments you have been muttering to yourself (or your screen) . . . just don't name call and try to be nice.

Yes, he's a fool.

He was rattling on about it not being the Defense's burden to provide proof of the gas can transaction. Yes, the gas cans are relevant, but what is more relevant at the moment is the loss of trust from the jury. That is vital.

Well, barring a sur-surrebuttal from the DT, does it look like we won't have to cancel our 4th of July BBQ's due to the trial being ongoing? Oh MY!

Did I hear that they are having a sur-rebuttal? I was sleeping listening to GMA this morning.

That same defense attorney said ' ALL Juan proved was that the gas can was not returned to THAT Walmart---but there are several in the area.'

Ummm...Mr Defense Attorney sir, the defendant SWORE under oath that she took it back to THAT specific Walmart. End.Of.Story. :liar:

What an idiot. The receipt Jodi showed at trial has the number of that specific Walmart. That's the Walmart she worked for. There's no way around it, hence no cross by Nurmi.

Deanna had so many things Jodi did not have.

She had...
A sense of self.
Was secure in herself.
Goals and dreams.
A faith.
Humility.
Kindness.
The ability to move on with her life while still loving Travis.

And still...
She had Travis' love and respect. :heartbeat:
She had Travis' family's love and respect. :heartbeat:

And now...

She has Naps. :hug:

That is what you get when you stay true to yourself but you are a big enough person to still love the one who may love you but is still dealing with their own insides. That takes A LOT of courage and self worth to do. It's NOT easy. Jealousy gets in the way a lot of times and you have to over come it.

Jodi had none of the things Deanna had and now she has nothing at all.
Not even the BMW. :lol: (sorry I just love throwing that in any chance I get).

OK. The court is on lunch break. Nothing going on at this minute. If the mods have to delete this I will understand. I don't usually make personal comments.....BUT......what happened to JW's bald spot?

That same defense attorney said ' ALL Juan proved was that the gas can was not returned to THAT Walmart---but there are several in the area.'

Ummm...Mr Defense Attorney sir, the defendant SWORE under oath that she took it back to THAT specific Walmart. End.Of.Story. :liar:

That is the thing that bothers me about the HLN THs. It doesn't bother me that he is arguing the defense's case, he's a defense attorney, that's what they have him there to do. But so many of them haven't followed the case closely.

So disgusting to go back and look at how she chit-faced lies:

[video=youtube;c7anECy6Tyo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7anECy6Tyo[/video]

I wouldn't cancel my bbq ... EVER! I was on a roller coaster when the CA verdict came in :giggle: (got the alert on my cell phone after I left the ride and then had to head to a baseball game)

I thought you were going to say you looked for a baseball bat to hit yourself over the head due to the CA verdict. If this trial goes down like that I'm going to have one ready.

Was this about a witness who testified today or is it someone who is coming up later in rebuttal? Is this what was being discussed in chambers this morning?

4/23/2013 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 4/23/2013
NOTE: MOTION TO PRECLUDE STATE'S REBUTTAL WITNESSES
Defense had filed a motion to prevent the State from demonstrating the weight issue with the shelves in Travis's closet. Could be that. Also, the demo was done in Travis's former home, so there might be video or photos to accompany any testimony. Detective Flores was involved in making this happen.

Arias looks down and writes whenever there is anyone on the stand that she does not like because they are on to her...especially females. Notice how she only looked up and showed any kind of emotion when the guy was on the stand this AM?

Probably thought she could "win him over" with her expressions so he wouldn't anything bad about her.

Oh katydid23 :rockon: those pesky details. Like a Walmart location. It was significant, if the jury believes like many of us do, that she drove their to kill him. Negating the self-defense defense.

I hope they see it. Why lie about a gas can...unless you wanted to travel to the murder victims house undetected.
Love ur posts!

Was this about a witness who testified today or is it someone who is coming up later in rebuttal? Is this what was being discussed in chambers this morning?

4/23/2013 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 4/23/2013
NOTE: MOTION TO PRECLUDE STATE'S REBUTTAL WITNESSES

It may be related to the "shelf weight" issue.

i bet ja hates when girl witnesses are on the stand like deanna and they have highlites or a current hairstyle. i love it. meanwhile shes looking like the wig w her greased together bangs

Is that the same defense guy that just claimed on HLN that Jodi needed all that gas to get across the desert?

For the guy being from Arizona, he's a screwball.... I set mobile homes on the 4 Corner's rez (1991-95), the only gas we took was for our generators. Even out there, gas stations were plenty. And some of our set sites were 50 miles from the nearest dwelling.

3-5 gallon tanks + her gas tank on the vehicle....she wasn't stopping in Az for any gas. You'd have to be a complete idiot to believe there are NO gas stations IN THE DESERT.

Someone selling their court seat for 200 bucks and got caught? oh my. I think someone bribed them.

Jodi's verbal nonsense toward Deanna forgetting a specific date is ridiculous. Her not being a walking talking memory bank of specific dates and times is not a reflection of the love she felt for Travis. I am horrible with dates. Him leaving the dog with Deanna says it all as far as I am concerned.

Arias looks down and writes whenever there is anyone on the stand that she does not like because they are on to her...especially females. Notice how she only looked up and showed any kind of emotion when the guy was on the stand this AM?

Probably thought she could "win him over" with her expressions so he wouldn't anything bad about her.

She wont look at women because she knows she can't con them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme