trial day 51: REBUTTAL; #158

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she actually told Juan that he didn't cut the rope off of her wrists, he just cut it at first to get the correct length. But then I think Samuels said that she told him that Travis cut it off her wrists. Who knows, it's all lies anyways.
I don't have the stomach to go back and re-listen to that part of her testimony. I agree with you--she told many variations of the same story (including one to ALV in which her ankles were also bound)--that it all starts to become a blur.

Listen carefully to the first few seconds of the phone sex tape.

He says something to the effect of, "how do we do this?". This was planned. And we don't know if there are other phone sex calls.

I believe the early AM hours of Jun3, before Jodi hit the road, her and Travis had phone sex. He called her twice, and the second was approx. 45 minutes long.

Never mind - But "phone sex" was just a fantasy thing TA did in my opinion.

tweet 4hrs ago:

MaryEllen Resendez ‏@maryellenabc15 4h
#jodiarias defense team's motion 2 stop #JuanMartinez from calling 5 witnesses also includes Suzie Dittman, Robert Brown and Dr. Kevin Horne

Anybody know Suzie Dittman? I'll go find out.

O> M> G> Fraud Investigator at JPMorgan Chase · Banking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My goodness! Yet again, should we be surprised that the Arias Low Life Defense Team would object to anything that might purport to reveal the truth?

I hadn't watched either computer experts' testimony before, but I did see on the stand where Jodi was talking about "the little square people dancing" or something like that when referring to the time around 4-4:30 am when she got there and watched some you tube videos with Travis. I thought her whole way of saying it was really weird, and seemed like she was lying as usual. So my theory was that she didn't let Travis know when she got there, that he wasn't expecting her, but that she got there and snuck into the house and didn't show herself to Travis until after the roommate had left. But I was getting stuck on the part about the computer usage at 4 am. Then when I saw the exhibit Nurmi showed today where it LISTED THE NAME OF THE YOU TUBE VIDEO, I realized that Jodi has had access to this information for many years as part of her case information, so she probably had her jail friend Donovan, or her mom, or Matt M or someone look it up and tell her what it was!! That makes the most sense. That way she could describe it and look like she had seen it with Travis.

That is quite possible. It's also possible that she'd seen it once before and knew a little bit about it when she came across it in prep for the trial.

The fog must have set in during the part of her testimony when she described the rope going around the headboard first (actually, I couldn't stomach every minute of every hour of her direct examination by Nurmi). Thank you--this info certainly makes the story more plausible except for the fact that its sole purpose is to give Jodi access to a knife and bring up yet another example of Travis sexually degrading her. Now that you bring this up, I remember JM asking her under cross about what happened to the rope after Travis cut the "nooses" from her wrists. Did the larger piece fall behind the headboard? What about the pieces that had been tied to her wrists?
Not only that........................when JA was in her FOGGGGGGGGGGGGG, she remembered to take the time to look around for the ropes (both pieces), and take them with her. JUST BECAUSE - no reason. LOL

IMO, there was no rope or JA's fantasies of being tied to the bed that day. That was just another one of her stories to go along with her "story". She had the very sharp knives that she brought and intended to use on Travis.
Completely agree. The rope was a "fantasy" of a different kind.

Came across this nice pic of DR/TA.

299059_10200212470979775_1627048263_n.jpg

Allow me to share this - I think something so horrific and unimaginable to the normal human mind happened that we as human beings could not ever imagine when JA tortured and murdered Travis that day. I don't think she even told her defense team what actually happened. She tortured this man something fierce I think.....I think the jurors think like I do.

I still cannot believe Nurmi went down the road of questions he asked Deanna. I have come to a conclusion why he did. He despises his client and wants to see her convicted.

For what it's worth:
I worked at a major retailer for several years, first as a cashier and several years managing cashiers and customer service (refunds, etc).
The refund, fraud prevention, inventory tracking systems have been evolving for many years.
Even 5 yrs ago, it was IMPOSSIBLE to do a refund with a "dummy sku" in our stores. It had to be a valid SKU and it had to be an item our stores sold.
You could not just press in a made-up sku to make a refund, the computer would not take a fake sku.
Also, a void or line void, is done when you are at a register and an item is removed from the purchase BEFORE the purchase is completed. For example, if an item is added and the customer changes their mind about buying that item, an item is scanned and the customer says "forget it, that isn't the price I thought it was" or they have to remove items from their purchase because the total is more than they can afford. There is NO way a return can be rung up as a void or line item void.
I know not all stores are the same, but there is no way JA could have actually returned an item to our stores without there being computer evidence of it. With shoplifting/then returning for cash, employee fraud, etc becoming more rampant companies began making the system much more foolproof many years ago.

I wished they'd delved into voids. I don't think it's possible, but could there have been a void?

I have had same day returns before and I have gotten cash, but the charge stayed on my credit card. I don't EVER think that's happened where the people didn't write all over my receipt though. I believe i've had this happen at smaller businesses, with the cash thing. Not walmart. If you don't have a receipt, walmart will give you a gift card to use to buy more stuff later. But I believe you get print outs with that, as well.

I figured the defense would go that route or go the void route. I was surprised they didn't try something. Why do you think they didn't even bother to question the Walmart thing?

Strangely, I saw some people on youtube defending Jodi up and down about how this return could still be possible. It was very surreal.

It didn't happen.

We have a liar who bought a gas can she didn't return that day, even though she lied and said she did. Can't be that hard for people to understand.

So why are people trying to fabricate a special case where every item ever returned to WMT store #2458 on June 3, 2008 can be accounted for, but somehow JA was able to buy a can (we have the record) and then go completely off the grid to return it, fooling everyone in the store, and especially the idiot who gave her the money without getting the can in return?

Trust me, that associate would have been coached and possibly given a "Decision Day".

Don't feel too badly for him, though.

Because it didn't happen.

I hope the jury remembers one of their questions about Victor Arias Costa Rica, ja looked like she didn't know who the judge was talking about for a second or two, then guess it clicked and she answered the question.

Can't remember the question but it was about him.
I missed that. Do you remember at what point in the trial it was mentioned?

What's the difference?

Arizona taxpayers shelled out $250/hour for both of them to listen to JA's lies.

Lol! And, that's the FIRST thing I thought about when I heard about the Surrebuttal! I thought, boy JW and Nurmi could come up with ways to drag this trial on forever to keep the big paychecks coming!

Of course it's all under the guise of "making sure they represent their client the best way they can since its a DP case" ....but, pullleazzzze!! Get real...is all of this REALLY necessary at the tax payers expense?!

I think the rope story is a sham too, but one of the attorneys on HLN's After Dark tonight said the rope was way too thick to cut with a regular pair of scissors.

I agree that this is a possibility, but how could they say that with any certainty? We have not seen the rope.

IMO, there was no rope or JA's fantasies of being tied to the bed that day. That was just another one of her stories to go along with her "story". She had the very sharp knives that she brought and intended to use on Travis.

I agree. There was no rope. And besides - if there was and it was cut with a knife like JA said...wouldn't there be rope fibers all over the place? I don't believe any were found.

BBM~ If we didn't have it we wouldn't have hosts screaming into the microphone and sounding like used-car salespeople.

I know I like HLN during the day, just not when the "live" trial is on. Although, I do sometimes like the guests, the bad outweighs the good. :twocents:

Oh well, to each his own. :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member