trial day 51: REBUTTAL; #158

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
*pouring wine for everyone*

Let's kick back and revel in the brilliance of the prosecution.

why did she look so happy? i don't WANT her to be happy!!

She is totally deranged. Don't look at her smirks and smiles as a sign of something good happening for them.

I don't know if the Judge will grant their motions but JA will smile either way!
Smile and say cheese is her deranged motto!

I'll be signing off now, good peeps. Time to spend some quality time with DH. :blowkiss: It was a :) day for JM, and a :( day for the DT.

Sweet dreams.

I think it could be another " MOTION TO PRECLUDE STATE'S REBUTTAL WITNESSES", JA looked kinda anxious right before they called it for the day, JMO.

I do think Jodi is targeting jury. Hope the judge does the right thing.

I remember when the prosecution rested its case in chief everyone was saying "Just wait until rebuttal.". For me the rebuttal case has fallen flat. I am not blaming JM. Maybe it is because the judge gave more rights for Jodi than Travis. I was looking for something more. We already knew this was premeditated. Now folks say they cannot wait for the prosecuton's close. After months of the defense bring us to death, I sure hope there is more, for the sake of the jury.

And now, the judge is excusing jury until 1:30 tomorrow?

I hope there will be justice for Travis.

Not sure what you were looking for....? It cleared up a lot of people's questions about the gas can and the gas receipts. More of Jodi's lies were torn down-he was not abusive nor a sexual deviant, no *advertiser censored* on the computer. It solidified pre-meditation by making it even more obvious. I mean...the main case was already presented. Rebuttal is a follow up only to the defense's presentation, so there is nothing really new that is going to be presented, just clarification of the prosecution's case and evidence that refutes what the defense showed.

I'll be signing off now, good peeps. Time to spend some quality time with DH. :blowkiss: It was a :) day for JM, and a :( day for the DT.

Sweet dreams.

I remember when the prosecution rested its case in chief everyone was saying "Just wait until rebuttal.". For me the rebuttal case has fallen flat. I am not blaming JM. Maybe it is because the judge gave more rights for Jodi than Travis. I was looking for something more. We already knew this was premeditated. Now folks say they cannot wait for the prosecuton's close. After months of the defense bring us to death, I sure hope there is more, for the sake of the jury.

There doesn't need to be more, IMO. Juan Martinez presented a case with pretty much no holes. The evidence is overwhelming for premeditated murder. The rebuttal really here is just icing on the cake. I actually thought Deanna was one of the best witnesses thus far. She really brought it on home.

But I sense there may be a tiny bit of confusion about rebuttal. Rebuttal isn't really a chance at a second bite at the apple. Attorneys don't save key witnesses or key evidence for rebuttal. That is all presented during their case in chief.

The only thing they can do in rebuttal is rebut any claims presented during the defense presentation. And oh, let me tell you, Mr. Martinez has done that beautifully so far. Step by step and wonderfully, with the Walmart witness, the Tesoro witness, Deanna and now the LE computer expert. Just dismantling the defense bit by bit. lovely to watch.

I am sort of glad we are done for the day. I so need to decompress after that whole Nurmi cross of Deanna. I am still just livid.

My DH just left to go down to grab me something to make a cocktail with because if ever I needed one after the kids go down for bed later, I do today.

And there we have it folks... premeditation. :rockon:

I can not stress how relieved I am about that juror question and the answer given by Melendez. That was the only point that Willmot was able to score regarding the camera in her cross of DeMarte (that someone could delete the photos in a fog but not selectively) and Melendez erased Willmot's point from the score board. He was worth being recalled JUST FOR THAT ALONE!

JW and JA looked so happy because they knew court was over for the day. They couldn't wait to get out of that courtroom today, the DT has been freefalling and today it's freefall was at warp speed. :floorlaugh:

Watching Jodi today, I just got the feeling that she might think murdering TA was worth this. Like even if she has to spend the rest of her life in prison or get the death penalty, it's worth it because he's dead. I don't see any remorse, any feeling. Nothing. It's scary to think there are people like her out there. That any of us could find ourself the object of someone like her's obsession.

If Dr. Horn was next, I'm glad they quit early, because I don't want him to be interrupted. I hope they go over the injuries again with refuting "crime of passion" the focus this time.

I think rebuttal has been great so far. We have proved that she lied on the stand, to the jury... even when she said that she was telling the truth. The jury asked her "why should we believe you now" she went on to say that she is now telling the truth, and that she only lied at that time to protect Travis. So basically we got that she lied for certain right to the face of the jury. Thats big. It would be big for me if I were on the jury. I would be able to question is she, or isn't she telling the truth now... but after hearing that indeed she never returned the gas can, and indeed she filled up in SLC... I would take that as a slap in the face lie.

So I would be able to discredit her on everything else that she said. I think that is more a long the lines of why the Walmart employee was there... Juan made a huge deal about it when crossing JA, and she insisted it was the truth. She returned them and got cash back. Not necessarily so much about the gas can itself... but that she lied about something so small. Why?
Because it was premeditated... It all kinda fits together.

I think it could be another " MOTION TO PRECLUDE STATE'S REBUTTAL WITNESSES", JA looked kinda anxious right before they called it for the day, JMO.

I thought that JA and Wilma were smiling too widely for the day they had.

Do we know if the judge has ruled on the sur-rebuttal thingy?

So a diagnosis of borderline personality disorder, invalidating RS and ALV testimony, proving no gas can was returned, proving the 3 Tosero purchases were all for gas, no *advertiser censored* anywhere in Travis' possession, 90+ photos left on the camera, Deanna not abused....none of that was enough for you?

I'm back from my doctor appt. Skipped getting gasoline and fish tacos to hurry back.
Nooooo, I rushed back only to hear the Judge call recess for the day! Now I wish I had stopped for those Rubios fish tacos.

Let me go see what I missed this afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member