trial day 52: REBUTTAL; #159

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
why is she failing? this is a death penalty trial.
She has ruled with her brain and with verve. We may not get to see what is in camera but this woman seems to have it all signed, sealed and delivered.

Are you determining her alleged "failure" on what is broadcasted? I am just wondering. There are a lot of things in AZ that CANNOT be put on camera.

The Judge's obligation is to be a judge not to cater to the jury. The jury has been chosen, selected, and instructed. We can only hope this is over soon and they can discuss:twocents:

I don't have any problem with her ruling because I'm not even a lawyer. But how she handles the court's and other's time is a 'public' matter. It's one thing to provide a time for other interested parties and have matters beyond her control come up.

It's another to provide a schedule and then repeated disregard. This afternoon is a good example. She could just as easily called court for the day when they took recess.

One might assume this is how all her cases are handled; perhaps other courts in this jurisdiction. Does not bode well for public trust.
:twocents::twocents:

She testified that the helio phone was stolen shortly thereafter the phone sex was taped on it.. She said that she left it in grandparents car when she went into a restaurant and that she thought that is when the phone was stolen.. She testified that it was only much much later after her arrest and incarceration that mommy's twin, her aunt supposedly just found the helio phone when cleaning out the grandparents car...

Well.. IMO its obvious it was a lie regarding her claim of it being stolen, but Juan's questioning of the witness today PROVED FOR A FACT THAT YET ANOTHER OF JODI'S TESTIMONIAL STATEMENTS ARE BOLD FACED LIES IN PROVING THAT JODI ARIAS IN FACT HAD THAT EXACT CLAIMED STOLEN HELIO PHONE WITH HER WHILE EN ROUTE TO MURDER TRAVIS.. AND THAT IT WAS THAT SUPPOSED PREVIOUSLY STOLEN HELIO IN FACT WAS USED IN DOCUMENTING PICTURES OF MISS JODI ARIAS WITH HER NEWLY DARKENED HAIR ON JUNE 3 WHILE EN ROUTE TO THE MURDER!

MOO JUST ANOTHER HAMMERED IN NAIL IN JODI'S PROVERBIAL COFFIN THAT AWAITS HER..

GAME OVER JODI! GAME OVER JENNY W! GAME OVER NURMI!

JUSTICE IS VERY NEAR FOR TRAVIS!

This is a bombshell.

She has ruled with her brain and with verve. We may not get to see what is in camera but this woman seems to have it all signed, sealed and delivered.

Are you determining her alleged "failure" on what is broadcasted? I am just wondering. There are a lot of things in AZ that CANNOT be put on camera.

The Judge's obligation is to be a judge not to cater to the jury. The jury has been chosen, selected, and instructed. We can only hope this is over soon and they can discuss:twocents:

I don't watch any broadcasts. I guess I crossed some line? I will agree to disagree and move on.

Death threats or threats of any kind against the DT or its witnesses are not good.

Public defenders are a necessary part of our judicial system. JW has a job to do, and that is to defend JA to the best of her ability. While we may not agree with the way that JA has directed her case, as long as there is no breach of ethics, JW must oblige.

Some persons charged with crimes are indeed innocent. It would seem that these are the cases that motivate public defenders to do what they do; provide those charged with the best defense possible to ensure that justice is served.

Let's make sure all of us conduct ourselves appropriately here.

I have this suspicion that there's a lot of middle being excluded between death threats (credible or otherwise) and making critical, even unkind comments. Especially if the people having unkind comments directed towards them -- and this is hypothetically speaking -- are, by any objective measure, scumbags.

Due to my talent for racking up time-outs, I almost self-censored myself there.

Almost.

1. The dog ate your car keys. (If you're lacking a dog, the emu did it.)
2. You're scheduled to be abducted by Kimster.
3. You're virtually being held hostage.
4. Your house is being placed under quarantine by the CDC for a rare but extremely infectious disease known as trialaddictitus.
5. Mandatory leg kicking exercises on the books. (Not applicable unless you're a Juanette.)

That should give you something to work with. ;)

:floorlaugh::cheers::rockon::gthanks:

I've stored boxes of dishware, glasses & christmas tree but heck I've got stuff I WILL NOT even store in my garage cuz how hot it gets here like collectibles/records etc would absolutely ruin those kinds of things..

jmo
Yes.. may vary by type of attic. My S/O insisted on storing ALL Christmas stuff in attic in my South Carolina house. Every single thing with even the teeniest bit of plastic composition and ALL candles turned into a very gooey mess!

On HLN caller and talking heads wondering why JM didn't object during KN questioning Deanna yesterday in such a filthy way...why should he? Juan was letting him hang himself over his poor behavior towards the witness. +1 for the prosecution

I think that Juan knew where he would go. Juan didn't need to ask any of those questions, he just let Nurm do it. I think that Juan may have told Deanna that it would. She was prepared for it. But why? Because her testimony proved that TA was not sexually abusive. In fact she remained close to TA and he never told her about his sex life with JA. Again, proving that he was not sexually deviant. Her testimony spoke volumes, she was a nail in the proverbial coffin for JA. Thank you Deanna, again, I'm so very sorry you had to endure that, but you helped tons!

It's ironic that JA's Grandmother was there today when Det. Flores bolstered no evidence of Travis having a gun.

She stole the gun from her Grandparents house.

I feel for her.

The house around the corner from me was the scene of a horrific murder and has been featured on tv quite a bit.
My very good friend (the realtor who eventually listed the home) reluctantly said she believes in ghosts now 'cause every time she would enter the house, various lights would go off and on by themselves.
Every time I walk past that home I get the "willies"........:silenced:

May I ask for the details to the murder?

What, the defense is crying again coz they're losing their case??

Their whining always leads to court being dismissed.

Well, guess I'll watch on HLN since they are so behind. I PRAY I will not have to watch on the NG show. :please: Please please be over by then. (I VERY rarely watch her-she gets on my last nerve. But last night I was channel surfing and she was so damn rude to Bill Scheaffer last night.)

Missed a lot. got a call from an old friend. But looks like from the little that I saw and read here..............EXCELLENT DAY FOR THE SIDE OF JUSTICE.

Yes! I am quoting myself..

IT'S UP ON YOU TUBE! No HLN for me!!!!

:rockon:OMG, my computer acquired a ransom malware two weeks ago and totally crashed. Just got it back from a computer nerd who had heard of it but had not seen anything so destructive. The malware completely locked up the computer and held it hostage demanded $450 in 48 hrs or it would destroy everything. It also threatened to destroy files and documents if someone else tried to unlock it. Nerd said that is exactly what happened as soon as he attempted to unlock it. He did manage to save some files and loaded it onto a new harddrive. It has been very painful not to post with all of you. I was forced to follow trial on HLN along with thousands of commercials.....:banghead: It's good to be back.

I found that when I used the abc15 website, the antivirus software on my computer blocked numerous Trojan horses. Now using another website I haven't had any more problems.

I've stored boxes of dishware, glasses & christmas tree but heck I've got stuff I WILL NOT even store in my garage cuz how hot it gets here like collectibles/records etc would absolutely ruin those kinds of things..

jmo

My family moved into this house in 1972. (southern california) at some point each of us moved out after college. One came back (me) one day maybe in the 1990's I was maybe 30, my mom was on a step ladder in the garage, she wanted to clean the rafters. I see a box "Steph's Toys" well there we go, nostalgia moment, I had to see what was in there, my babydoll's? hopefully, the little soft one realistic head, wearing yellow onesie and when you sat her up her eyes open, lay her down they close. So I talk mom into trying to get the box down, I open it and there she is!

OMG her eyes melted inside her head! Her yellow onesie fell apart in my hands! She just came apart! Only her plastic feet were intact! Scared the crap out of me.

So much for surviving 30 years of California summers in the rafters...

Can anyone summarize for me what happened? I gather no surrebuttal and no court 'till next week, judge is moving things along. Did it go well today? Jodi was unhappy at the beginning.

What, the defense is crying again coz they're losing their case??

Their whining always leads to court being dismissed.

Well, guess I'll watch on HLN since they are so behind. I PRAY I will not have to watch on the NG show. :please: Please please be over by then. (I VERY rarely watch her-she gets on my last nerve. But last night I was channel surfing and she was so damn rude to Bill Scheaffer last night.)

Missed a lot. got a call from an old friend. But looks like from the little that I saw and read here..............EXCELLENT DAY FOR THE SIDE OF JUSTICE.

That was pretty shocking, wasn't it? I'll bet money she never gets him to come on again.

Whenever I get super irritated (and it doesn't happen often because I understand the process/stakes) by the incessant delays, approaches, sidebars, etc.,I remind myself of what the end game is: first-degree murder conviction for Jodi Ann Arias. Whether the jury decides death or LWOP, Jodi will appeal and it will be denied, denied, denied. We will appreciate Judge Sherry Stephens for ensuring that every I was dotted and every T was crossed in the State of Arizona vs. Jodi Ann Arias. Justice for Travis.

As much as I hate to say it, I agree with you. It should be crystal clear at this point that JA stole the gun and brought it with her.

imo
The past couple of days the jury questions have reflected that they themselves just want clarification. Dotting i's and crossing t's.

It's been months, literally, since the State began its case. Since then, we've heard the defense's version. The jury seems, to me anyway, to be making certain that they understand thoroughly each item of evidence the State is alleging points to premeditation. They're even using multiple witnesses to do so - and when the sum of those witnesses are all saying one thing that contradicts with the lone defendant's testimony, the State's case begins to appear to be insurmountable.

The jury has been in the same room with Flores for months now - they've watched him testify over and over. To me, it makes sense to want to hear it from him, the lead detective and one of the first on the scene, than anyone else.

JMO

I know this has been visited already about the shelves, but when I had shelves like that I put pins on the top and the bottom. That way I could step on them to clean on the top of the shelves. Who's to say the shelves weren't pinned on the top and bottom?

you can see in the pics that the pins were only on the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech