trial day 52: REBUTTAL; #159

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we done for the day? I thought we were on another recess, but I lost my live stream. :what:

6 minutes ago

Wild About Trial 2@WildaboutTrial2

I just got confirmation that we are done for the day and trial will resume tomorrow at 9:30am. #JodiArias

I can't wait for next week. Once it's over

I won't miss JA's ugly evil face
I won't miss JA and the Defense women giggling and gossiping
I won't miss Nurmi's 'let's step baaaack a liiiitle'
I won't miss endless sidebars, long recesses and 'please remember the admonitions.'
I won't miss the seal

I won't miss the intensely disorganised, chaotic quality of this trial. The inmates are running the asylum. I feel for the jurors.

Right...I get all that.

But I am curious as to how the 12 that deliberate are chosen from the 16 listening to this whole circus!!!

Someone said random draw...and I hope that is correct.

I don't like the idea of Nurmi being able to pick which of the 16 he has watched all this time

AZ lawyer answered this on the legal thread. It is random draw.

I'm 5ft 5 1/2 maybe 5'6...

I JUST stood on my toes with fingers extended with Tape measure tip of my middle finger was at 85" so basically would only be able to touch edge of shelf at 7ft NOT anything ON shelf let alone the BACK of the shelve...

Just FYI

I'm about 5' 6 1/2, I just did the same experiment. I stood on my tip toes, and measured to the longest finger and could just reach 7 feet...NO WAY she got up there without at least stepping on the the first shelf from the ground (meaning not the one that is on or near the ground).

Verified Hornette here :seeya:

horn.gif

(Couldn't find any "animated dancing horn gifs"...imagine that. But I tried! :seeya:)

What, the defense is crying again coz they're losing their case??

Their whining always leads to court being dismissed.

Well, guess I'll watch on HLN since they are so behind. I PRAY I will not have to watch on the NG show. :please: Please please be over by then. (I VERY rarely watch her-she gets on my last nerve. But last night I was channel surfing and she was so damn rude to Bill Scheaffer last night.)

Missed a lot. got a call from an old friend. But looks like from the little that I saw and read here..............EXCELLENT DAY FOR THE SIDE OF JUSTICE.

It's over for the day.

now 7 minutes ago

Wild About Trial 2@WildaboutTrial2

I just got confirmation that we are done for the day and trial will resume tomorrow at 9:30am. #JodiArias

Murder victim, Travis Alexanders Mesa home attracts big crowds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mDwPM7C-7Q

The house around the corner from me was the scene of a horrific murder and has been featured on tv quite a bit.
My very good friend (the realtor who eventually listed the home) reluctantly said she believes in ghosts now 'cause every time she would enter the house, various lights would go off and on by themselves.
Every time I walk past that home I get the "willies"........:silenced:

I don't know why I'm still seeing Jodi sitting at the table as if she's watching a sidebar. ??

Right...I get all that.

But I am curious as to how the 12 that deliberate are chosen from the 16 listening to this whole circus!!!

Someone said random draw...and I hope that is correct.

I don't like the idea of Nurmi being able to pick which of the 16 he has watched all this time

Originally Posted by Mormon Attorney
All jurors will hear everything, including closing. Then the 12 will be announced and they will go deliberate. In cases I have been in, the alternates are kept in a separate room in case something happens to one of the jurors during deliberations. It is really hard for the alternates because they don't get to discuss and let it out like the 12 do. They have the same thoughts and ideas but never got to discuss.

A jury foreman is picked by the jurors (12) and then they go back to deliberate.
Right...I get all that.

I'm sticking around but I have a feeling that this will end up like yesterday. Not much time to call a new witness, so JSS will call recess until tomorrow. :moo:

:rockon:OMG, my computer acquired a ransom malware two weeks ago and totally crashed. Just got it back from a computer nerd who had heard of it but had not seen anything so destructive. The malware completely locked up the computer and held it hostage demanded $450 in 48 hrs or it would destroy everything. It also threatened to destroy files and documents if someone else tried to unlock it. Nerd said that is exactly what happened as soon as he attempted to unlock it. He did manage to save some files and loaded it onto a new harddrive. It has been very painful not to post with all of you. I was forced to follow trial on HLN along with thousands of commercials.....:banghead: It's good to be back.

How awful! Glad you're back...:seeya:

Oh Holly Hughes is on HLN saying she tested similar shelves and they didn't tip on her. *Eye Roll*

I caught part of that. Did she say she did that on HLN after dark? Cuz I'd really like to see that one. :giggle:

Jodi is done. All 3 of them looked defeated today. These last two days have brought it all together. Her 19 days on the stand were nothing but lies. I can not see how any sur rebuttal is going to save their arses. Big waste.

Will they be sequestered if they don't come to a verdict next Friday?

AZLawyer will have to answer. I have never been part of a death penalty case where they weren't sequestered the whole time. I don't know how Arizona does it, though. I would hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean