trial day 52: REBUTTAL; #159

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this gut feeling that has been washing over me again and again all week that JA will be found guilty of first-degree murder. It's so strong. I've never experienced anything like it.

:floorlaugh: You forgot Nurmi's "How did that make you feeeeeeeeeeeeel?".

I too will be so glad when this trial is through and I can get back to my life again.

I'm gonna miss this, not the trial per se, but having to get back to my life without my mom. This has been a welcome distraction. :please:

Dang.. That is it today??? I went to the store and came back and it is over... Man.....

Michael Kiefer@michaelbkiefer Defense is still in chambers. Martinez and Alexander family came out. As he passed the rest of the family, Flores whispers, "we're done."

There are only two more witnesses: the medical examiner is returning tomorrow and a second defense psychologist next Wednesday.
So the bank lady is out????????????????? Darn.

I know this has been visited already about the shelves, but when I had shelves like that I put pins on the top and the bottom. That way I could step on them to clean on the top of the shelves. Who's to say the shelves weren't pinned on the top and bottom?

It seems to me that you can't manually add pins in that closet plus I don't recall seeing pins on top of the shelves in the pictures.

Did the Judge rule on the surrebuttal issue yet? (Sorry if this is answered somewhere; I can't find it).

There are only two more witnesses: the medical examiner is returning tomorrow and a second defense psychologist next Wednesday.

As much as I hate to say it, I agree with you. It should be crystal clear at this point that JA stole the gun and brought it with her.

imo
The past couple of days the jury questions have reflected that they themselves just want clarification. Dotting i's and crossing t's.

It's been months, literally, since the State began its case. Since then, we've heard the defense's version. The jury seems, to me anyway, to be making certain that they understand thoroughly each item of evidence the State is alleging points to premeditation. They're even using multiple witnesses to do so - and when the sum of those witnesses are all saying one thing that contradicts with the lone defendant's testimony, the State's case begins to appear to be insurmountable.

The jury has been in the same room with Flores for months now - they've watched him testify over and over. To me, it makes sense to want to hear it from him, the lead detective and one of the first on the scene, than anyone else.

JMO

:rockon:OMG, my computer acquired a ransom malware two weeks ago and totally crashed. Just got it back from a computer nerd who had heard of it but had not seen anything so destructive. The malware completely locked up the computer and held it hostage demanded $450 in 48 hrs or it would destroy everything. It also threatened to destroy files and documents if someone else tried to unlock it. Nerd said that is exactly what happened as soon as he attempted to unlock it. He did manage to save some files and loaded it onto a new harddrive. It has been very painful not to post with all of you. I was forced to follow trial on HLN along with thousands of commercials.....:banghead: It's good to be back.

I read about that ransom thing a couple of weeks ago! This is awful. Why do people have to be so mean in the world today? I guess it's like an Ex once told me "Because I can." :( This world is getting all F'd up.

I'm so sorry that happened to you. Did the tech say what site or pop up might have caused it? Or was it acquired through e-mail?

JVM is showing Jodi's grandmama on t.v. She looks so sad and uncomfortable! I feel so sorry for her.

She's wearing a purple domestic violence ribbon. I guess she chooses to believe that Jodi killed Travis in self defense.

:rockon:OMG, my computer acquired a ransom malware two weeks ago and totally crashed. Just got it back from a computer nerd who had heard of it but had not seen anything so destructive. The malware completely locked up the computer and held it hostage demanded $450 in 48 hrs or it would destroy everything. It also threatened to destroy files and documents if someone else tried to unlock it. Nerd said that is exactly what happened as soon as he attempted to unlock it. He did manage to save some files and loaded it onto a new harddrive. It has been very painful not to post with all of you. I was forced to follow trial on HLN along with thousands of commercials.....:banghead: It's good to be back.

OMG ME TOO!!!

I got same thing said FBI Cyber that I was looking at *advertiser censored* etc... I had my PC down for about week or so..

I will tell you I have no idea how i got it because only *advertiser censored* I've looked at has been evidence in a murder case :floorlaugh:

I hope JSS never presides over another trial I want to watch. How I miss Judge Perry! This lady is killing me - late, recess, approach, recess, lunch, council in chambers, recess again....honest to Pete I've never seen the like. I know it's a death penalty case, but if I were a juror I would be wanting to hang myself! What a waste of time! IMHO she should be sanctioned if she can't run a courtroom more efficiently than this!

I caught part of that. Did she say she did that on HLN after dark? Cuz I'd really like to see that one. :giggle:

They did a shelf demo on after dark but it was a thick, fixed shelf. So...fail.

AZLawyer will have to answer. I have never been part of a death penalty case where they weren't sequestered the whole time. I don't know how Arizona does it, though. I would hope so.

The judge will probably sequester for penalty phase. at least that's ow it was in the case i was on.

This is a bombshell.

You know I watched the testimony today and kept asking myself what was it about that Helio phone that I was missing as I knew it had some importance besides showing she had brown hair in that photo. But yes that is the phone she said she lost after the sex tape..so another lie exposed. I hope this is pointed out to the jury cause even myself might not have picked up on that.

I'm gonna miss this, not the trial per se, but having to get back to my life without my mom. This has been a welcome distraction. :please:

Lots of us are still checking various forums! You won't be alone.. Losing your mom is so hard!

It was no secret relationship. He told her it was over. She offered to be his booty call with no strings attached. He was in search of a wife, and he did not want any new girlfriends to think they were still in a relationship. He told her he would continue to be her "dildo with a heartbeat" as long as she stayed out of sight. They even talked about having children with other people. Marrying people from LDS. (according to Jodi) Travis wasn't using Jodi. I don't believe any hook-ups were the results of Travis disrespecting Jodi. It was all her idea. She thought he would decide he couldn't live without her, but that didn't happen. Travis had to pay!

I'm only on page 38 but I have to travel with work next Friday! I wanted to have the days off for closing arguments. Jeez!

I know this has been visited already about the shelves, but when I had shelves like that I put pins on the top and the bottom. That way I could step on them to clean on the top of the shelves. Who's to say the shelves weren't pinned on the top and bottom?
Take a look at the closet pix. You are able to see the holes and where they are placed. The shelves are only 3/4 in thick. The pin holes would have to be very close together, and they are not.

AND JA did not step on them because there was no gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech