trial day 52: REBUTTAL; #159

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
it is a person's life at stake. and unlike arias, we're not going to take one so cruelly and without consideration. i think it's ok to allow another psychologist given the stakes.

No it's not if there are no grounds for it. The DT had Demarte's files. They knew what she was going to testify about as they interviewed her and had access to her work. Sherry broke down AGAIN and gave in to the demands of the DT, just like she did with that stupid stipulation regarding the eye doc. She's a frakken push-over and she has cost Juan the case!

That's another thing I will miss. The awesome, amazing, big hearted, wonderful people here at WS. (I'm not sure I'll have internet once I get back to N.C.) :heart:

I hope you do have access to the net. It's great to have you here!

All jurors will hear everything, including closing. Then the 12 will be announced and they will go deliberate. In cases I have been in, the alternates are kept in a separate room in case something happens to one of the jurors during deliberations. It is really hard for the alternates because they don't get to discuss and let it out like the 12 do. They have the same thoughts and ideas but never got to discuss.

A jury foreman is picked by the jurors (12) and then they go back to deliberate.

you are correct. Alternates are not excused until the verdict is read, they can not talk to anybody or leave, they just have to wait in a seperate room or, in my case, i didnt even get a room, i sat in the jury box. btw, they came back quickly, i would have to disagree with that particular verdict from what was presented.

I know this has been visited already about the shelves, but when I had shelves like that I put pins on the top and the bottom. That way I could step on them to clean on the top of the shelves. Who's to say the shelves weren't pinned on the top and bottom?

The detectives who were in the closet, after the murder, processing the crime scene.

To those asking about if the jury is sequestered during deliberations.

Someone posted earlier today that NO, because there is no security at the courthouse during the weekend. Which means they can't be there either. I would assume the same goes for at night.

That's just my take it though. YMMV

The case is ruined. Letting the DT have the last word with a professor of psychology? This is NOT good.

No offense but you've said "the case is ruined", "JM messed up", "they're gonna acquit her" countless times before yet somehow change your mind after things go well. :floorlaugh:

I'm going to wait and see what happens first.

As much as I hate to say it, I agree with you. It should be crystal clear at this point that JA stole the gun and brought it with her.

imo

Sounds to me like they just want to make absolutely sure there was no gun in Travis' possession. No box, no, ammo, no holster, no registration. (not a big point there, but a curiosity) The murderer's life is in the balance, jurors have to eliminate the possibilities.

The case is ruined. Letting the DT have the last word with a professor of psychology? This is NOT good.

This is exactly what I was afraid of. I've not heard that it's set in stone, but I figure it's going to happen. I just hope JM can perform an outstanding job crossing this witness.

Probably because the credit card company charges for each transaction so if they give cash back they are cutting the credit card co out on that transaction.

FYI... That would be a very bad business decision because a cardholder could call CC Company claim no refund/no knowledge whatever & you could be debited the amount of charge plus amount of cash refund...

Typically big box merchants due to # of transactions per daily batches usually get extremely low rates because the sheer volume of transactions the bank/CC company would make the amount of $ in an hour of transactions compared to years worth of transactions at a mom & pop shop..

I know this has been visited already about the shelves, but when I had shelves like that I put pins on the top and the bottom. That way I could step on them to clean on the top of the shelves. Who's to say the shelves weren't pinned on the top and bottom?

Det. Flores says. :rockon:

He said numerous times that they were removable. Nothing about having to take pins out, etc. The defense would have been on top of it.

I'm confused about the surrebuttal. I get why the JSS would allow it, appeals and all that. What I'm confused about is when this Dr. Dude did his evaluation. Was it now, during the trial? Where JA has heard testimony, and what Donavan has told her??? I'm just really confused? Is he using the info ALV and the good Dr. Sam gave him? Please someone explain this to me. I don't get how this Dr. Dude could possibly testify.

IF surrebuttal is allowed the judge can say they have to use Samuels and not bring in a new witness. I hope that is what she does.

I believe Flores testified that there were only 4 pins in the shelves? 2 on each side. Front and back?

HLN, Defense witch. Why didn't didn't JA just walk in the shower and shoot TA? Well, let me see.......................................!

You can put more pins but the holes are spaced out evenly so the shelves will tip slightly just not all the way if u add pins on top of the shelf.

Then you would have to drill a hole. No holes drilled in TA's shelves other than the ones that came from the factory.

Lightbulb moment here: I bet you JM gets a new, high-paid position as a talking head on tv, maybe HLN????? Maybe a consultant of sorts? I bet they consult with him during the making of the movie ("Jodi Lovelace") that will surely come out.

JM is wonderful!!!

He doesn't seem the type to me to be a TH on any show...just sayin'

I don't think Jodi's the type to want kids. A child might take attention away from her, and *heaven forbid* give her stretchmarks! yes, Jodi is far too selfish and vain to want to have a child, in my humble opinion, and that is a blessing for the child's sake.

I aleays thought that was why travis preferred the back door with her... just my o0inion as a single guy...

Actually my IPhone has an app that is a lite version of Photoshop that I can use on my phone pics...

Girlfriend, I edit my own photopictures before releasing them to the world LOL :floorlaugh: :rockon:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper