trial day 52: REBUTTAL; #159

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have another question did Jodi go to customer service to return the gas can?

No. The Walmart witness testified about this yesterday. Daily transactions were provided for all open registers and the customer service register. No return of a gas can.

so if I read prior posts correctly the case will be given to the jury for deliberations on Friday May 3rd and they will be sent home at night and no weekend deliberations b/c of no security??? pls advise

The defense is having the last word (not counting closing arguments) with the surrebuttal witness. And I am not confident that Juan will be able to handle him, especially if SHERRY caves in again and keeps out his shady past.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but attorneys can attempt to impeach witnesses, so why wouldn't he be able to bring in his shady past. Every witness from the Prosecution has been professional and believable. 10 minutes and the jury will tune this guy out and disregard his testimony. Dr. D's testimony did not make Martinez' case. Forensics, impeaching every aspect of Jodi's story, and proving premediation did.

Could someone give me some insight into the order in which things are going to transpire? If I understand correctly there will be trial tomorrow (expected to be short day) and it will resume again next Wednesday with the day to go until they are finished. After which the jury will be given their instructions followed by Closing Arguments. Is this correct, someone keeps posting that the last of the case to be heard by the jury will be DT? I guess I'm confused, so any clarification would be appreciated. TIA

To those asking about if the jury is sequestered during deliberations.

Someone posted earlier today that NO, because there is no security at the courthouse during the weekend. Which means they can't be there either. I would assume the same goes for at night.

That's just my take it though. YMMV

there is no deliberations during the weekend as no security.
they can be sequestered at a near by hotel which the judge has NOT said she would do-yet

Obviously......that hole bothers you like it does me! I don't know why, but it ticks me off every time she gets that thing going on! I think I just despise her so much! Makes me want to pound nails in it.
That hole reminds me of a snake's mouth. She licks her lips and poses her mouth. She must be proud of it or something. I guess where you are Jodi small things mean a lot.

Can someone please answer a question I've had swimming around in my head for weeks now. I thought when Deanna stated that Napoleon lives with her now, that may have prompted someone in the court, or on HLN, to address this question.

Who took care of Napoleon June 5 thru 9, 2008? Wouldn't Travis have left instructions or asked someone to do that especially if he left early to go to Cancun?

My husband just realized that Travis was laying dead for five days while other people where going in and out of the home. He's stunned and looked at me with disbelief. We discussed the fact that Napoleon lived in the house too and neither of us can understand why the dog would not have acted strangely and alerted people there was a problem upstairs and down the hall. Travis was Napoleon's master. Napoleon would have smelled a problem long before humans would.

What's LE's take on this and why haven't they addressed it in court? I've been waiting for an explanation because the situation seems so strange.

The roommate's girlfriend did, as they often did.

Could someone give me some insight into the order in which things are going to transpire? If I understand correctly there will be trial tomorrow (expected to be short day) and it will resume again next Wednesday with the day to go until they are finished. After which the jury will be given their instructions followed by Closing Arguments. Is this correct, someone keeps posting that the last of the case to be heard by the jury will be DT? I guess I'm confused, so any clarification would be appreciated. TIA

yes-you have it correct..no Juan gets the last word in is closing

Okay, this is probably something everybody else already 'gets', but I didn't really understand why the pictures with the phone really mattered. We already know Jodi showed up in Mesa with dark hair.
Aside from putting Jodi in Salinas (where she went to the salon) taking pictures of herself with what seems to be her freshly done hair at the same time - Jodi wrote in her own journal on May 22, 2008 that her phone with the 'scandalous calls" had been stolen (the Helio), and she did not have the same phone when she was arrested. My non-einsteinan IQ tells me that both cannot be true. Jodi lies.... a lot.

Maybe she wrote up at least some of the journal entries after the fact? They sure read that way - I had heard some of them on Nancy Grace (probably available on HLN site), but I found a transcription here, under 'before the killing':
http://kristinarandle.com/blog/jodi-arias-journal-entries-2/

I missed stuff today but I think the point of the phone was that pictures of her were found where she had dark hair and those pictures were time stamped just before the trip to Mesa. Jodi testified that her hair was not dark at that time so it is showing that just prior to her going to TA's, she did, in fact, dye her hair. I believe that the rental guy stated her hair was blonde when she rented the car so she had to have dyed her hair after that and before the murder.

We know she dyed her hair but she indicated she did not and the phone picture time stamps are documented proof that she did indeed dye her hair just before she went to TA; goes to state of mind - dying her hair immediately before the trip - didn't want to be recognized.

Others here who are much more informed on the dates and such can probably give you a better answer but the jury now has proof, solid proof that her hair was darkened just before the trip.

I would be terrified she would abuse them.

I think she would. It would probably be more psychological abuse and abuse in form of neglect. If physical, I could see her pulling a Casey Anthony before I see long term physical abuse. She is definitely the type.

NOSE JOB???? you mean it was bigger?????:floorlaugh:
I think she had a nose job, her nose in the teen pics on NG was flatter at the tip and not as tilted. IIRC I also read somewhere that she had both a Rhinoplasty (nose job) and a breast augmentation (BA obvious from pics). This is a woman who bounced from job to job, wanted to declare bankruptcy (but could not afford to), but had $$$$ to spend on flights, road trips, beauty treatments and plastic surgery? It costs a lot of $$$$$ and I was just wondering how she paid for all that.

Can someone please answer a question I've had swimming around in my head for weeks now. I thought when Deanna stated that Napoleon lives with her now, that may have prompted someone in the court, or on HLN, to address this question.

Who took care of Napoleon June 5 thru 9, 2008? Wouldn't Travis have left instructions or asked someone to do that especially if he left early to go to Cancun?

My husband just realized that Travis was laying dead for five days while other people where going in and out of the home. He's stunned and looked at me with disbelief. We discussed the fact that Napoleon lived in the house too and neither of us can understand why the dog would not have acted strangely and alerted people there was a problem upstairs and down the hall. Travis was Napoleon's master. Napoleon would have smelled a problem long before humans would.

What's LE's take on this and why haven't they addressed it in court? I've been waiting for an explanation because the situation seems so strange.

Travis' door was locked and the doggy gates were up keeping Napoleon downstairs. The girlfriend of one of Travis' roommates kept him fed and took care of him. The roommates were pretty new and there wasn't a strong relationship between them and Travis. They thought he had left for Cancun. The roommates pretty much stayed downstairs and weren't home a lot so they didn't notice the smell, unfortunaly. (This is written out in more detail in the police report)

Am I the only one who thinks the Mitigation lady just walks over to Jodi because she wants to be seen on camera? LOL

Yes, I believe it. Also, Mitigation lady also dyed her hair darker the day after Dr. DeMarte went on the stand. Interesting...

Lightbulb moment here: I bet you JM gets a new, high-paid position as a talking head on tv, maybe HLN????? Maybe a consultant of sorts? I bet they consult with him during the making of the movie ("Jodi Lovelace") that will surely come out.

JM is wonderful!!!

I REALLY doubt that. He's never been a camera hound and I can't see him doing that. He has a case that was supposed to start the first of April that he'll move directly into after this, and so on, and so on. He's always been a private person and I don't see him enjoying a job as a consultant or TH. JMO, but I'll bet dollars to donuts he just stays here, retires in the future from the Prosecutor's Office and chills out.

The doggy gate was up, Napolean had no access to the upstairs and the upstairs door was closed. The roommates were rarely home and one of them was at his gf's home IIRC most of the time. Both had rooms downstairs also IIRC. I surmise that they did not or were not home long enough to notice..or if something was noticed they just over looked it as I think one of them had even thought Travis had left for Cancun already. I am not sure about the smell or how bad that would have been in the home by that time but as another poster stated previously. If something was smelled they probably thought they didn't want to be the one having to clean up what ever it was so pretended it was not there.

The roommates and their gf fed and watered the dog from what I recall.

In actuality Juan gets the last word. In Closing's its Juan, JW or KN (not sure who's worse?) and then Juan gets to close this nightmare up. Judge then gives final instructions, jury picked, jury in jury room and within 48 hours GUILTY of FIRST DEGREE MURDER. I do hope the Judge sequesters them during their deliberations.:twocents::twocents:

JM may not be able to mention another trial court sanctioning him and labelling Geffner as a hired gun, but he will be able to ask Geffner if he's edited any of ALV's books, as well as exactly what his relationship to ALV is, IMO.

That alone will sink Geffner's credibility.

This Hired Gun has got to be better then the LAST TWO. Sometimes I really wonder what the DT is thinking. I imagine they think he can "humanize" her enough to avoid the DP. Either way he's going to be interesting to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper