DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening everyone!
:seeya:

NG on now...

What a JUANDERFUL day it was in court from what I've heard so far! Love to see Det. Flores again. And Closing Arguments next week!

:great: :great: :great:

Whaaa??? Who was pregnant by Travis Alexander?
coming up
on NG...

Doesn't everyone know that it's impossible to find *advertiser censored* on youtube?
{Cause they've tried -LOL}

What did NG just say about Jodi claiming she was pregnant by Travis at one time?!!!!! :panic:

I'm too tired today for anymore bombshells.

Someone slap me. Did I just hear Nancy G say JA is writing a tell all book and blaiming TAs death on Alfred Hitchcock and did I just here that JA was once pregnant with TAs baby??
Please tell me the Baileys got to me.

I think I just heard two BOMBshells per Nancy Grace: Arias is writing a book behind bars & she was preggers with TA's baby.

Samuels' issues from his past were allowed in, there's no reason to think this guys won't be either.

No kidding. There is NO legal reason that an expert witness' past issues in court cases WOULDN'T be fair game for Juan.

I think the jury is going to be disgusted at having to listen to another quack.

The doggy gate was up, Napolean had no access to the upstairs and the upstairs door was closed. The roommates were rarely home and one of them was at his gf's home IIRC most of the time. Both had rooms downstairs also IIRC. I surmise that they did not or were not home long enough to notice..or if something was noticed they just over looked it as I think one of them had even thought Travis had left for Cancun already. I am not sure about the smell or how bad that would have been in the home by that time but as another poster stated previously. If something was smelled they probably thought they didn't want to be the one having to clean up what ever it was so pretended it was not there.

The roommates and their gf fed and watered the dog from what I recall.

Besides, when people smell something "ripe," for a lack of a better word, they don't think, "There must be a dead HUMAN body in the house!" They think about, perhaps, a dead raccoon in the attic, etc. I think one of the roommates said they thought that Napoleon had pooped somewhere that they couldn't find.

Another thing to consider is that John Wayne Gacy was burying bodies under his house. People, who visited the house, commented about how bad it smelled there, but no one thought that he had a graveyard under his house, and that's where the smell was coming from. He had a wife living with him too, I believe. So, yea, a dead body is just not something people usually think about in these cases. The roommates felt horrible that they didn't realize that he was there all that time.

NG saying JA claims to have been pregnant by TA?

As I predicted, the JA drama and rage has now begun....

NG just announced that JA is blaming everything on Alfred Hitchcock AND that she was :liar: pregnant at the time with TA's baby!

that's all in jodi's tell all book... filed under FICTION. perhaps even SCIENCE FICtion

Hm, Jodi writing a tell all book behind bars? Claiming she had been pregnant by TA?

The past couple of days the jury questions have reflected that they themselves just want clarification. Dotting i's and crossing t's.

It's been months, literally, since the State began its case. Since then, we've heard the defense's version. The jury seems, to me anyway, to be making certain that they understand thoroughly each item of evidence the State is alleging points to premeditation. They're even using multiple witnesses to do so - and when the sum of those witnesses are all saying one thing that contradicts with the lone defendant's testimony, the State's case begins to appear to be insurmountable.

The jury has been in the same room with Flores for months now - they've watched him testify over and over. To me, it makes sense to want to hear it from him, the lead detective and one of the first on the scene, than anyone else.

JMO
Well said! IMO, the more clarity the jurors have now, the fewer uncertainties they take with them to deliberations.

There was a lot that Dr. DeMarte testified to that could be analyzed by a third party without speaking with the defendant. The MMPI raw scores are objective, but the interpretation and diagnosis of BPD require professional judgment. One of the reasons that DSM-5 is moving to more of an a la carte approach rather than the specific categories that have been used in the past is that people suffering from "named" mental disorders still present a broad range of symptoms and behaviors. You can see that it makes more sense and might be more useful to employ descriptors rather than lump everyone into a big bucket.

I'd look for the new witness to hammer home the message that there is evidence of trauma and that Dr. DeMarte's bias prevented her from seeing it, deciding instead on a personality disorder. If he's good at what he does he'll probably make a decent argument, especially because there's a lot of overlap between PTSD and BPD, and there are a lot of moving parts to any diagnosis. Ultimately, I don't think it matters. Believe it or not, it was Dr. Samuels who explained it best. He said something to the effect of "This couldn't have been premeditated, and if it was then it's very unlikely that Jodi would suffer from dissociative amnesia".

All the psychologists in the world can't make a difference in this case if the jury understands what "reasonable doubt" means. You can dismiss the gun theft as a coincidence. You can even ignore the similarities between the gun that was stolen and the gun that was used in killing Travis. I suppose it's even possible that Travis would be silly enough to keep a gun and not have any ammunition. You start to falter when DB mentioned that her destination was Mesa and ALV mentioned the same thing (even though she claimed she misspoke). When you add in the gas cans and the lies that Jodi told, as well as the odd fact that her cell phone died and recovered in exactly the places it needed to so that her diversion to AZ was hidden, reasonable doubt about premeditation dissolves completely. The icing on the cake is Jodi's history of lying and the ridiculous story she concocted to explain TA's anger and how she managed to outrun him and still had time to retrieve, aim and fire a gun.

If JM is smart, and we know he is, he'll spend about 30 seconds on the psychological testimony in closing arguments, and his main point will be "who cares?".

:cheers:

OK.. whew! I didn't somehow get sucked into some vortex of insanity for a minute..

Y'all heard that too right? Hitchcock comment also??

Man... I need a drink now!!!!!!!

He's going to use his greater "experience" to destroy DeMarte. Sherry cost Juan the case.

It's my understanding that he can only testify to new information that was brought up in Juan's rebuttal. Beth Karas reported yesterday that the Defense's motion for surrebuttal mentioned the BPD disorder specifically because that was new information that their psychologists did not testify to. I don't think this new doctor will be allowed to testify to anything other than the BPD. No domestic violence, no nothing. Furthermore, after yesterday and today, IMO there's only one direction this case points to and it's premeditated murder. Jodi and her attorneys know it. They looked defeated today, more so than any other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper