trial day 52: REBUTTAL; #160

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just popping in to post my thoughts before heading out to work. I don't see how the schedule is leaving any time for a surrebuttal. It sounds like Juan will finish up today and there IIRC there is no court on Friday, Monday, or Tuesday. This off time is probably to let the lawyers put thier thoughts together for closing arguements. Wednesday will be closing arguements and they will stay as long as needed to get them done. Thursday will be jury instructions. (I don't know how long they take). Then late Thursday or Friday the jury will get the case to deliberate.
I just don't see any time in the schedule for the sur-rebuttal.

There is a witness on Wednesday. Coming in from out of town per judge

I was glad to read a post this morning about the picture Juan showed yesterday of Jodi's hair being blonde. The picture was taken June 2 before her trip. This was not made very clear yesterday since so many people here were confused. Why didn't Juan make it clear at the time?

I know he is going to explain it more in closing arguments, but I think he should have gone over the pictures and timelines more.

I agree. I love Juan's approach, but I do think the way some of the facts were just thrown out there like expecting everyone to understand the significance of those facts.

I was personally confused the past couple days of what some of the facts were meant to show us. Some of them were obviously helpful to show some things, but other facts were not so obvious. I suppose I just wish there would have been a way to better package up those facts in the big scheme of things.

I felt sorry that JA's grandma was dragged into court all of a sudden...most likely just for show. She seemed like a reasonable, kind lady. Wouldn't it be great if she threw Jodi's "grandma card" back in Jodi's face and showed up to court wearing a support TA ribbon? :idea:

My observation is that Gma's presence did more harm than good for JA. She is, clearly, a victim of Jodi's also - it seemed obvious from her facial expressions to me. I hope the jury saw it as well. Again, I do not believe that Gma was there (or wore the ribbon) willingly. The DT knows we're coming down to the wire and are pulling out all stops, including getting Gma into the courtroom which, imo, was a major fail for the defense.

MOO

JA's callous and heinous behavior before the trial, and the DT's conduct during it, has actually made it easier for the jury to convict and hand down the harshest possible sentence.

It's as though JA and her DT have dared the jury to hand down a guilty verdict.

And bizarrely, they've also issued permission for the jury to sentence her to death.

Wasn't it Jodi herself who said that if she had hurt Travis she would beg for the death penalty?

Effectively, I think that's exactly what she and her DT have done.

Travis ≠ Pedophile

Jodi = Death Row Inmate

goes something like this.....whaaaaaa whaaa, whaaaaa, whaaa :floorlaugh:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Thanks. I needed too laugh out loud. I just rewatched Deanna's testimony and was getting more and more angry & sad. Laughter helps.

I agree. I love Juan's approach, but I do think the way some of the facts were just thrown out there like expecting everyone to understand the significance of those facts.

I was personally confused the past couple days of what some of the facts were meant to show us. Some of them were obviously helpful to show some things, but other facts were not so obvious. I suppose I just wish there would have been a way to better package up those facts in the big scheme of things.

Not to worry... Juan is tying up loose ends and will be putting a pretty little bow on that package with his closing...He will make it clear as he always does...jmo

Thanks, I could not have said it better.:moo:

Thanks. It just burns me up to hear oh I feel sorry for the mother/father/grandmother in any of these cases. What do people think? That the mother/father/grandmother contributed zero to the end result of the criminal? That the criminal was raised in a vacuum?

As parents we are obligated to raise our children to be law abiding, productive members of society. When we drop the ball and children end up becoming the JA's of the world, whose fault is that? Society's? No. It's always the parents, because if the parents had intervened properly in the kids life when the kid first began exhibiting antisocial behaviour, society might not suffer the consequences as society always does in murder cases. Obviously when JA grew up the onus was on her to seek help, but by that time she would be thinking why bother? I've spent my entire life being enabled, coddled and getting away with everything so there's nothing wrong with me. It's everyone else's fault.

So there are JA's mother and aunt. Yesterday add the grandmother to the mix. Oh poor us. Look what we have to go through. Are you kidding me? THEY are the ones who had a direct hand in what JA became - a psychopathic murderer.:stormingmad:

I feel no sympathy for any of them. My sympathy is and always will be with the victims' families.

Rant over. :floorlaugh:

ETA: If either of my two kids had ended up in the criminal justice system, I guarantee you I would NOT be supporting them in court or anywhere else. I would be too ashamed, ashamed at how I had failed not only my kid, but all of society and especially a victims family.

Welcome to my world TrialConfusionVille :floorlaugh:

Juan will do that in closing.

I think I see where JA got her ideas for defense and child *advertiser censored*. Her alleged lover in jail. Visits to the hospital numerous times for fractured bones etc... And there is child *advertiser censored* on husbands pc.... but kind of funny that JA claims the same thing. I previously thought that ALV planted those seeds but now I think this woman's story is who JA is mirroring.

Good morning, peeps. I have a lot of catching up to do since trial concluded abruptly yesterday. I read here for a while - long enough to learn about Jodi's pregnancy and miscarriage :rolleyes: I call bull@#$% on this: Why didn't she testify to this when she had the chance? This gal will stop at nothing to further defame Travis' character. I wouldn't put it past her, though, to try to trap Travis into a marriage that she knew he didn't want. If the pregnancy had been real (with physician proof!), I feel certain that TA would have agreed to marry Jodi despite his disdain for her. :moo:

In the span of about two hours yesterday, we had rain, sleet, and wet snow that was heavy at times but didn't stick. There's frost on the deck this morning, but the company that maintains our deck/patio are sending a crew to power-wash today. Maybe this is a sign that spring is actually coming to the "D".

Back later.

Thanks. It just burns me up to hear oh I feel sorry for the mother/father/grandmother in any of these cases. What do people think? That the mother/father/grandmother contributed zero to the end result of the criminal? That the criminal was raised in a vacuum?

As parents we are obligated to raise our children to be law abiding, productive members of society. When we drop the ball and children end up becoming the JA's of the world, whose fault is that? Society's? No. It's always the parents, because if the parents had intervened properly in the kids life when the kid first began exhibiting antisocial behaviour, society might not suffer the consequences as society always does in murder cases. Obviously when JA grew up the onus was on her to seek help, but by that time she would be thinking why bother? I've spent my entire life being enabled, coddled and getting away with everything so there's nothing wrong with me. It's everyone else's fault.

So there are JA's mother and aunt. Yesterday add the grandmother to the mix. Oh poor us. Look what we have to go through. Are you kidding me? THEY are the ones who had a direct hand in what JA became - a psychopathic murderer.:stormingmad:

I feel no sympathy for any of them. My sympathy is and always will be with the victims' families.

Rant over. :floorlaugh:

Ahhhhhhh, I feel so much better. Thank You for ranting for me.

I do feel bad for Grandma as I dont know her position. Perhaps she does not support Jodi and just wants her Granddaughter's life spared. I cant fault a Grandma for that. If I hear something from her in support of Jodi then I will have a different opine.

I thought the same thing! As soon as I heard that attic question, I thought - they don't even believe she's ever been in that attic!

And it shows they know she lied about pedophila claim. The attic story was Jan 21 when she helped put away decorations...of course Travis asked for her help (yeah right). He gave her some figurine, she forgot it when she left..comes back and sees you know what...then a subsequent fight and broken finger.
The jury is proving, through circumstantial evidence, two more of her lies

Does anyone know who the message was intended for that JA wrote in the magazine pages? Somehow I missed that... TIA

Can anyone tell me what if anything, Travis ever said about corking anybody's pot? I don't recall it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lotsofelbowd