trial day 52: REBUTTAL; #160

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No it's defense first, then prosecution.
JM will only do one closing argument.

No, it's the prosecution's case therefore the prosecution closes first.

Then the defense does its' closing argument.

Then the prosecution rebuts the DT closing argument a final time.

After that the jury gets the case to begin deliberations.

Good morning, peeps. I have a lot of catching up to do since trial concluded abruptly yesterday. I read here for a while - long enough to learn about Jodi's pregnancy and miscarriage :rolleyes: I call bull@#$% on this: Why didn't she testify to this when she had the chance? This gal will stop at nothing to further defame Travis' character. I wouldn't put it past her, though, to try to trap Travis into a marriage that she knew he didn't want. If the pregnancy had been real (with physician proof!), I feel certain that TA would have agreed to marry Jodi despite his disdain for her. :moo:

In the span of about two hours yesterday, we had rain, sleet, and wet snow that was heavy at times but didn't stick. There's frost on the deck this morning, but the company that maintains our deck/patio are sending a crew to power-wash today. Maybe this is a sign that spring is actually coming to the "D".

Back later.

BBM - OMG seriously? How did that come out?

Thanks. It just burns me up to hear oh I feel sorry for the mother/father/grandmother in any of these cases. What do people think? That the mother/father/grandmother contributed zero to the end result of the criminal? That the criminal was raised in a vacuum?

As parents we are obligated to raise our children to be law abiding, productive members of society. When we drop the ball and children end up becoming the JA's of the world, whose fault is that? Society's? No. It's always the parents, because if the parents had intervened properly in the kids life when the kid first began exhibiting antisocial behaviour, society might not suffer the consequences as society always does in murder cases. Obviously when JA grew up the onus was on her to seek help, but by that time she would be thinking why bother? I've spent my entire life being enabled, coddled and getting away with everything so there's nothing wrong with me. It's everyone else's fault.

So there are JA's mother and aunt. Yesterday add the grandmother to the mix. Oh poor us. Look what we have to go through. Are you kidding me? THEY are the ones who had a direct hand in what JA became - a psychopathic murderer.:stormingmad:

I feel no sympathy for any of them. My sympathy is and always will be with the victims' families.

Rant over. :floorlaugh:

ETA: If either of my two kids had ended up in the criminal justice system, I guarantee you I would NOT be supporting them in court or anywhere else. I would be too ashamed, ashamed at how I had failed not only my kid, but all of society and especially a victims family.

After witnessing this evilness I am tempted to sign both my kids up for intensive therapy 7 days a week, just to be on the safe side, and to prevent them from transforming into amoral adults. I am just kidding, laughter is the one thing that is preventing me from being carted off to looniville for losing my mind in regard to this trial.

BBM - OMG seriously? How did that come out?

I first heard it on HLN yesterday. Not that I believe it. Her Defense would have been all over that. Had medical records to support and likely would have used Travis's "rants" at Jodi as his response to the news. Just to make Travis even more evil. IMO

After the pregnancy talk last night it made me wonder if that was the scam Jodie was running on Travis. He wanted the truth, the doctors statement of a positive pregnancy test. Did she want to force him to get married? Did she want money for abortion. Along with snooping into his accounts, did he finally realize how messed up she was? Just throwing it out there for anyones thoughts.

I think you are correct.

My observation is that Gma's presence did more harm than good for JA. She is, clearly, a victim of Jodi's also - it seemed obvious from her facial expressions to me. I hope the jury saw it as well. Again, I do not believe that Gma was there (or wore the ribbon) willingly. The DT knows we're coming down to the wire and are pulling out all stops, including getting Gma into the courtroom which, imo, was a major fail for the defense.

MOO

My first thought when I saw ANY Grandmother, was the vile idea that the person that BRUTALLY murdered her BELOVED Travis, sent HIS GRANDMOTHER flowers. I wouldn't have brought that back to the minds of the jury if I were the defense. Does anyone imagine that if Travis' Grandmother were alive that she wouldn't be there each and every day, holding hands with Steven, and the girls?

As with all things the defense pulls......the way this backfired, imo, is of biblical proportions!!!!

Do we know if the Surrebuttal request was granted ?

JMO
I also felt sorry for her Gram being there. Not sure why she wanted to be there unless they told her it would help Jodi's case and maybe she felt she had better come to help her then. It didnt seem like she wanted to be there.

Yes. Judge allowing one day for it. Court starts at 9am next Wed and she says they will complete the direct, cross, jury questions, lawyer follow ups...everything even if they must stay late.

After witnessing this evilness I am tempted to sign both my kids up for intensive therapy 7 days a week, just to be on the safe side, and to prevent them from transforming into amoral adults. I am just kidding, laughter is the one thing that is preventing me from being carted off to looniville for losing my mind in regard to this trial.

My DD is only 2 1/2. I can't imagine the pain, embarrassment, and GUILT I would feel as a mother if my child were in Jodi's shoes...

You know her mother knows Jodi isn't right.

She will have to live with that guilt all the remaining days of her life. Jodi on the other hand, she will die claiming it was everyone else's fault.

Saw here on east coast.....no bombshells you didn't see yesterday and basically it is that this case has dates for closing arguments and DT got their witness in to rebut Borderline Personality Disorder.

BBM and now we know why ja and JW were smiling after the in chambers meeting ......IIRC this Dr. can only testify about Dr. DeMarte's diagnosis. But knowing the defense they will TRY to get more in. However, JM will have this well covered.!!:rockon:

I first heard it on HLN yesterday. Not that I believe it. Her Defense would have been all over that. Had medical records to support and likely would have used Travis's "rants" at Jodi as his response to the news. Just to make Travis even more evil. IMO

Oh absolutely. If she claimed she was pregnant at the time of his death they would have pulled the "she was trying to defend her unborn child" line.

I signed up for this one it texts you

Enter your text-enabled mobile number to get breaking news alerts on your mobile device or text NEWS to 44802. Get approx. 3 alerts per week (may vary due to breaking news) that may include messages from our advertisers. Message and Data rates may apply. Text STOP to quit, HELP for info. For technical questions call 1-877-571-0774

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/category/235499/fox-10-text-alerts

Perfect! Thank you so very much

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

No it's defense first, then prosecution.
JM will only do one closing argument.

Each side has only one closing argument, but in AZ the State has (and Juan will take, and you can mark my words on that one) the ability to answer the Defense before the case goes to the jury.

I dont understand what BPD or PTSD or any of that have to do with the fact that this was a premeditated murder.

Do we know if the Surrebuttal request was granted ?

JMO
I also felt sorry for her Gram being there. Not sure why she wanted to be there unless they told her it would help Jodi's case and maybe she felt she had better come to help her then. It didnt seem like she wanted to be there.

I think the surrebuttal was granted and I think their witness will be on the stand Wednesday. I can't imagine Juan having to wait that long for one of his witnesses and I can't imagine them being on the stand for an entire day and going until they're finished, as the judge said. I think she laid down the law to the DT and told them the surrebuttal would be a one day thing and it would be limited to the BPD claim. No asking about domestic violence or PTSD. :twocents:

I heard on GMA this morning the ME would be back on the stand today and that was it for the State's rebuttal. I wonder if the judge granted the DT's motion to exclude the other witnesses? The bank rep and wasn't the other person going to talk about hair color? :dunno:

I have come to the conclusion, that nothing on this planet will deter Jodi Arias from crossing over each and every line that she sees is beneficial to her, regardless who it hurts.

Oh absolutely. If she claimed she was pregnant at the time of his death they would have pulled the "she was trying to defend her unborn child" line.

May have been entertaining to see Nurmi explain how that happened, since they usually only had anal sex. :doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crackerjack82