Trial day 53: REBUTTAL; #162

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
per beth karas the defense cost is 1,687,328.21 as of april 25th

I cried out when I nicked my thumb cutting onions today.

HOW IS IT POSSIBLE NO-ONE HEARD the screams of fear, pain and anguish coming from that bathroom at 5:30 pm on a Wednesday afternoon??? Kids were home from school, people coming home from work, walking dogs, picking up mail, loading up the van to head to soccer practice....You have to expect that JA was screaming in rage, Travis was crying out in agony, there was a gunshot. I just don't get it.

Please let there be justice for Travis soon.

A lot of the time, things aren't seen or heard. I expect that he couldn't really yell since his throat was cut. I also don't see JA as the screaming rage type. To me, she seems cold and calculated.

Agree, but I'm worried that the DT is now going to say that the ME "changed" his testimony, as JW asserted during cross, from "not incapacitating" to "incapacitating" and that they will now find someone to come in and present contrary testimony.

After all, the DT knew that DeMarte diagnosed JA with Borderline disorder over a year ago. They could have brought someone in earlier to challenge that - but instead they waited until AFTER she testified - and THEN cried a foul and asked for a surrebuttal opportunity.

Surrebuttal can only address new testimony presented during rebuttal...Kevin Horne testified to this during the CIC so it wasn't new.

The AZfamily site showed all of the pictures after court was over today. I just happened to catch it. I was sorry I looked. Totally devastating.

Did they show this on their local news? Say it isn't so.

....ohmagaw!! They opened the Websleuth Bingo Room, again!!!! My dabbers! where's my dabbers! :panic:

(sorry, going to my too serious job, soon...needed to be silly)

There's a bingo room...?
Really?
In the basement? Ill find it....:sleuth:

Gun first or knife first?

Does not matter. Whichever weapon she used first, it did not kill him. So if she used the gun, there are still 29 stab wounds and a throat cut through to the spine. If she used the knife first, TA was dead or dying when she shot him in the head.

Geffner

This is one guy with a horse in this race. His bias is obvious before he's even taken the stand! :floorlaugh: JM will highlight that bias, he'll have Geffner tell the jury that he's a friend and colleague of ALV, that he has edited at least one of ALV's books and that another trial court sanctioned him and found him to be nothing but a hired gun. No jury is going to find him credible.

I still don't understand why the defense would get someone like Geffner. I guess they ran through the list of U.S. psychologists and he was the only one willing to help the DT? What does that say? :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
That says desperation.

With all due respect I haven't seen that in anything that has been posted today. Admitting that the relationship was mutually unhealthy and saying that the circumstances could be used to educate, is neither condoning the heinous acts or blaming the victim.

He didn't deserve what he got in any way shape or form, people are just thinking critically about the circumstances that preceded the act.

Just clicking thanks wasn't enough for how much I adore this post. Seriously, sometimes it's like people aren't allowed to have a difference of opinion here. I don't think ANYONE has said Travis deserved what happened to him & the poster who voiced her opinion, has now not said another peep because her words have been twisted. That makes me incredibly sad. People think out loud, post theories & speculation here, post what they see through their eyes, IMHO EVERY opinion is valid & valued to me, unless of course it's an obvious troll.

As always :moo:

Going to make some bacon....will check in later

I posted this on the previous thread, but BK also stated that some of the photos shown today had not been presented in court before and they were autopsy photos.

That would further explain the obvious pain the family was showing and going through today.

Moved this over from the previous thread to get everyone's thoughts on the Admin of the State vs Jodi Arias page's thoughts:

I read this on the State vs Jodi Arias FB Page and I think it is very compelling:

I just read some of the comments on the page and realised that we all have our doubts at time. We are scared that Arias will get off or that she will get a lesser charge of LWOP or even LWP.

Then, today, I got a link of the crime scene photos, and while I looked at them I realised that the JURY will see these horrid photos. These photos were so clear, but horrid that I could not even drink a glass of water, that is how sick I felt.

I then knew that if the Jury will look at those pics, which they will, there is NO NO NO way Arias will get anything less than Death. Those photos are heart wrenching. Not even a pure bred pitbull terrier will mutilate a person like Arias did to Travis. I understand how strong evil can be and Arias was the prime example given to mankind to show us the true meaning.

She MUTILATED Travis for NO reason. She walked away with a sore finger. She will get nothing less than death. And, she knows it!

Reality is setting in for her. She knows her time is up. Esteban put that final nail in her coffin today.

Her breathing was extremely shallow today and her forehead frowned and stressed.

Her lady friend lawyer is only trying to keep her spirits up, as even she knows her client's time is up. Those friendly giggles and smiles they exchange between them, are only a way that Willmott keeps Arias' wrath under control !

The defense is doing an excellent job, Jodi can be really grateful that she had a team like them to have supported and stood by her and fought for her.

There will be NO room for any appeal, NONE. Kirk Nurmi made sure of that. All the mistrials he applied for, all the complaints made, every single thing that the two of them did, was to make sure Arias does NOT get a retrial.

Jodi will sit on death row and she will realise that the very people that fought for her in Court will not come to her aid any longer.

We will see a picture once every blue moon of Arias on death row, her face fading, her eyes tired, grey hair. She will wish she is dead.

Once she is sent to death row, Nurmi and Willmott will go on with their lives, sit back and thank God that Arias will not see the light of day again.****Any thoughts???*****

BBM: I thought death row inmates are not allowed to have their picture taken or give interviews, imay be wrong, i know they are not allowed to have any pictures of themselves,,,as if they are erased from the world.....

Seeing the picture of the gunshot to Travis' head is helpful to understand that there really is no way he would have continued to fight and defend himself after that gunshot. I had imagined it just above his eyebrow, but it's higher up -- it certainly would have perforated a portion of his brain

i know she did the best she could but jw look really silly trying to debate the ME, trying to imply maybe only ta's sinuses were damaged. his comeback was priceless. :moo:

I am so not worried about this new psychologist.. Especially if Juan can get in his affiliations..

I don't think this jury really cares about her diagnosis. It does not matter and only goes to what happened AFTER the crime..

I agree. I don't think the diagnosis is of much importance at this point. What's important is that they know "the fog" is a convenient way to avoid damning evidence and that there was no domestic violence. Demartes herself stated that JA had 7 out of 10 markers above the baseline. The new guy can pick whatever he wants. Whatever she has, she premeditated and murdered TA.

moo

I only have one thing to say after following every single day and every single witness...the needle they use on her when they put her to death should be the size of a knitting needle.

Size 13 and dull!

I am tired and very sick of talking about this and that and what if. This trial has taken over my life and I feel like I am almost getting sick because of it. I'm a 63-yr-old woman .... and I have invested my life 100% into this case for the last 4 months. Hubby is somewhat supportive ... actually .. very supportive as he knows how addicted I am. He is even starting to sit with me and listen to/discuss some of the stuff on HLN. Good guy. But I can tell he just wants to throw his hands up in the air and leave the room most times. But he has a lot of self-control.

I haven't posted much because I have nothing to add to all of you brilliant people. But I read a lot ... and give "thankyou's".

Carry on gang. I'm just kinda warn out and wanted to express that. I'm sure there may be many out there feeling the same kind of weariness. I think this break will be enough to get me (and some others) re-energized and back into the sur-rebuttal (blech). Oh well. I'm feeling kind of numb and have a bit of a sick feeling in my tummy. Not sure why. I think I'm a little bit paranoid about another miscarriage of justice. Please ... Nooooo!!

Sydni, I'm also a 63 yr old woman. I am feeling the same way you are- paranoid and weary about another trial like that one in Florida. Even tho' there's so much evidence of premeditation, I'm worried about the jury and how they are seeing all this. We see so much more than they see and it may be clearer to usthan them. People are so different in how they see things.

You're lucky to have your husband to speak to. My younger son doesn't want to hear it anymore- just wants the verdict.

I'm on the forum almost all of my day. I haven't even ventured outside to do the much needed clean-up of the yard, dinners are minimal, and I have put-off taking my dog, The Queen, to the groomers. My son will graduate from college this May and I will be having my older son for company- I hope the trial will be over by then- as this will be a distraction of the trial (boy, I really need help :boohoo: ).

Gun first or knife first?

Does not matter. Whichever weapon she used first, it did not kill him. So if she used the gun, there are still 29 stab wounds and a throat cut through to the spine. If she used the knife first, TA was dead or dying when she shot him in the head.

Geffner

This is one guy with a horse in this race. His bias is obvious before he's even taken the stand! :floorlaugh: JM will highlight that bias, he'll have Geffner tell the jury that he's a friend and colleague of ALV, that he has edited at least one of ALV's books and that another trial court sanctioned him and found him to be nothing but a hired gun. No jury is going to find him credible.

I still don't understand why the defense would get someone like Geffner. I guess they ran through the list of U.S. psychologists and he was the only one willing to help the DT? What does that say? :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

BBM. Pretty sure that says it all right there.

I am tired and very sick of talking about this and that and what if. This trial has taken over my life and I feel like I am almost getting sick because of it. I'm a 63-yr-old woman .... and I have invested my life 100% into this case for the last 4 months. Hubby is somewhat supportive ... actually .. very supportive as he knows how addicted I am. He is even starting to sit with me and listen to/discuss some of the stuff on HLN. Good guy. But I can tell he just wants to throw his hands up in the air and leave the room most times. But he has a lot of self-control.

I haven't posted much because I have nothing to add to all of you brilliant people. But I read a lot ... and give "thankyou's".

Carry on gang. I'm just kinda warn out and wanted to express that. I'm sure there may be many out there feeling the same kind of weariness. I think this break will be enough to get me (and some others) re-energized and back into the sur-rebuttal (blech). Oh well. I'm feeling kind of numb and have a bit of a sick feeling in my tummy. Not sure why. I think I'm a little bit paranoid about another miscarriage of justice. Please ... Nooooo!!

Hi Syndi,

Boy do I know what you're feeling! The whole thing just sucks the life out of you. It is because we can DO nothing but sit back and watch the abysmal behavior of the entire Defense Team and their psycho client day after freakin day, and we can't help but wonder if the jury is actually buying into this circus.

OJ and CA were devastating to those who believed in our judicial system and a jury of our peers. It is not surprising that we can't help but think this could happen again. For me I will now just wait until the jury returns a verdict.

.....and if it is manslaughter or anything else I will be leaving for Nepal and dropping off the radar. I rather like those serene Monasteries and I do not think I ever heard of Psychos being allowed there. Just plenty of Yaks and I always liked animals better than people--I do believe they sometimes have better sense.

:eek: There is no murderer anywhere worth the health of an innocent citizen.

Hopefully the next few days will be good to you and you'll be feeling better. Please don't listen to any more of this if you don't though because your health will always be more important than what happens to that psychopathic murderer we've been following at trial.:seeya:

OH NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! and nobody knows what happened?

Nothing has been verified. JSS only said juror #8 has been excused. There have been several speculations on Twitter. I am sure he will tell us all if he wants to. I am not going to even try to guess.

A lot of the time, things aren't seen or heard. I expect that he couldn't really yell since his throat was cut. I also don't see JA as the screaming rage type. To me, she seems cold and calculated.

I've got to agree with you on that. I think she probably sung quietly while she was doing it, or simply spoke in an excited but controlled way to him. She is not even remotely normal, so I just wouldn't put anything too wild past her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee