Trial day 53: REBUTTAL; #162

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:nevermind: just got my answer from FB state vs Jodi page.

So juror # 8 was dismissed but no cause given. Alrighty then. So that leaves 9 men and 6 women still in the mix.

I'm thinking why she cut his throat ... to quiet him ... disgusting. Just sickens me. That poor man suffered a horrible death. Poor soul :( such a shame ... so many victims ... so much heart-break.

I got nothing .. no feeling .. for the defendant. Nope ... nothing !!

I expect a lot of people watch this case for one reason or another. She's young, depending on your definition of "pretty", slender. A lot of us see past this and follow this case and look at how horrible this crime was. It was brutal and he suffered. She was not satisfied with killing him, she shoved his body into the shower stall and discarded him. After all this, acted like nothing happened.

We want justice for this poor young man. He has been dragged through the mud. He had a private side to him and she assassinated his character. I feel for this man and his family. It is a bit personal for me. I grew up near Riverside, CA and my husband was raised there. Some of Travis' family lives near where I grew up. Its not the same as losing a loved one, but it does make me focus how we as humans are all connected and not detached like I'm watching a tv show. Some of my family doesn't understand it, but that's who I am.

EWWWWW, those two, their new found kinship. Nauseating.... IMO not professional in the least. If she is ever released, which I am oober certain she won't be, but IF she does, Jenny better get wise AND :hills:

I don't understand how that makes you laugh out loud ... :confused:

I thought that each time the judge reports for the court record about the presence of the defendant, all counsel and jurors, that this means ALL jurors.

Maybe I am just confused today.

I LOL at myself because I read so many conflicting posts, tweets and sometimes I actually dream that I am reading WS. And I know I am not the only one. That was all.:smile:

Since when is a murder excused if the murderer can't remember?

Here's another stalker killer woman who can't remember killing. She had an outburst in court today saying,

"I'm not going down for something I don't remember doing. I'm not going down for a murder that didn't even happen. I'm not going down for something I don't even remember doing," she yelled.

Murder Suspect Disrupts Courtroom
Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/vegas-bray-san-diego-204600211.html#ixzz2RW9IetOD

BBM

Never saw anyone cry like Jodie Arias.... She just makes a face and bends her nose back and forth.:floorlaugh:

Is it really "crying"??! I think maybe she thinks she's Tabitha from Bewitched and she's trying to "mute" whoever is talking at the time!

I just looked at the first autopsy photo that was shown today. There are just not words. :tears: I knew better than to look, but the only reason I am "glad" I did is I now have zero fear the jury will not convict of 1st. Has anyone from court reported in on juror reaction? I know the court watchers have said the pictures are even more horrific in court on that giant screen. I have to think the jurors must have gasped.

Regarding the new shrink -- it will fall on deaf ears and give Juan a chance to bring up her stalking and other bad deeds.

Gun first or knife first?

Does not matter. Whichever weapon she used first, it did not kill him. So if she used the gun, there are still 29 stab wounds and a throat cut through to the spine. If she used the knife first, TA was dead or dying when she shot him in the head.

Geffner

This is one guy with a horse in this race. His bias is obvious before he's even taken the stand! :floorlaugh: JM will highlight that bias, he'll have Geffner tell the jury that he's a friend and colleague of ALV, that he has edited at least one of ALV's books and that another trial court sanctioned him and found him to be nothing but a hired gun. No jury is going to find him credible.

I still don't understand why the defense would get someone like Geffner. I guess they ran through the list of U.S. psychologists and he was the only one willing to help the DT? What does that say? :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Are you referring to the discovery sanction in the O'Rourke case? If so, that sanction was against the Mother for failing to timely disclose Geffner's information. The trial court did refer to his as a "hired gun" and had some other choice words, but did not sanction him personally. It merely limited the scope of his trial testimony to the two affidavits he'd submitted.

~quote from the link

Mother objects to the discovery sanction that limited the testimony of her expert witness, Dr. Robert Geffner, whom she describes as "a psychologist and preeminent nationally acclaimed authority on domestic violence." Setting aside the question of Dr. Geffner's credentials, we note that the trial court imposed the sanction because of Mother's failure to participate in the discovery process in good faith.

Father submitted interrogatories asking Mother to reveal the identity of all the experts she intended to call upon and the issues each would be testifying about. Mother first spoke to Dr. Geffner early in November of 2006. On December 31, 2006, she first provided his name and his CV to Father's attorney, but no other information, thereby making it difficult or impossible to obtain a timely deposition from him. The trial court found that Mother and/or her attorney consistently procrastinated in responding to discovery requests, that they withheld information from Father in an attempt to gain an advantage over him, and that the delay over Dr. Geffner's opinions was just the latest example of that tactic.

http://www.leagle.com/xmlResult.asp...2801.xml&docbase=CsLwAr3-2007-Curr&SizeDisp=7

I don't get hiring Geffner either. And for the jury to have to start early and stay until sur-rebuttal is finished. The jury will be Pi$$ed. Especially since we will have to hear JW voice right? again? right? Right? right? Right? right? wrong!!!!!

Oh, sweet Jesus, you just gave me flashbacks of her shrieking, cross exam of Dr. DeMarte:

"You didn't know that??!! RILLY? RILLY? RILLY? HMMMMM......."

I posted this on the previous thread, but BK also stated that some of the photos shown today had not been presented in court before and they were autopsy photos.

That would further explain the obvious pain the family was showing and going through today.

I bet Jodi's grandmother was shocked to see what horrible injuries Travis sustained at the hands of her granddaughter. The same granddaughter who came back from the murder and acted pretty normal.

Some tv lawyer said earlier that most likely the pics not shown previously had been kept out by the defense as too prejudicial but Martinez was able to get them in today to refute Jodi's testimony

<snipped by me>

Her lady friend lawyer is only trying to keep her spirits up, as even she knows her client's time is up. Those friendly giggles and smiles they exchange between them, are only a way that Willmott keeps Arias' wrath under control !

The defense is doing an excellent job, Jodi can be really grateful that she had a team like them to have supported and stood by her and fought for her.

There will be NO room for any appeal, NONE. Kirk Nurmi made sure of that. All the mistrials he applied for, all the complaints made, every single thing that the two of them did, was to make sure Arias does NOT get a retrial.

<snipped and BBM>

****Any thoughts???*****

I completely agree, Wilmott has been given the job of keeping Jodi 'occupied' so she doesn't act out (or get a migraine) and it must be exhausting! I have not noticed Nurmi interact with Jodi much at all, when Wilmott has been 'up' Jodi and Nurmi don't even look at each other. I think he just can't do it.

Oh and those pictures up thread of Jodi staring at Wilmott are intense. This trial must be disturbing for them in so many ways.

EWWWWW, those two, their new found kinship. Nauseating.... IMO not professional in the least. If she is ever released, which I am oober certain she won't be, but IF she does, Jenny better get wise AND :hills:

Oh, I know some people will disagree with me here, but I don't believe for one minute that JW has any illusions about her client. She will not be cuddling up to her once this trial is over.

just got home from work, limited opportunity to check on the case today because I trying to work out the best way to tackle a research problem.

So ANOTHER (3rd thus far) juror was dismissed today and no reason was given??

Makes me wonder - was it juror number 7 who we were speculating JA was calling her DT attention to the other day?

TIA to anyone who can bring me up to speed on this development.

It was Juror #8. The one called CEO. Took many notes. Around fiftyish. There has been no official word but I believe it was by twitter that there was some conflict with his job. he anticipated the trial to be over and of course the projected date Jurors were given didn't happen. Katiecoolady has expressed she is not worried by this latest release. I think she may know why???? Seems benign to me at this point.

BBM: I thought death row inmates are not allowed to have their picture taken or give interviews, imay be wrong, i know they are not allowed to have any pictures of themselves,,,as if they are erased from the world.....

Yes, pics (even mugshots) are taken every so often. Ie, Scott Peterson, Charles Manson, and even Damien Nichols. Damien gave interviews from DR.

And on that note, I'm really disliking JW. After looking at the autopsy photo of Travis's face, how dare she stand up there with her shrill voice and snarky attitude towards the ME. She just makes me very ill.

And to watch JA look at her handywork on the screen makes me even sicker.

:scared:

MOO

Mel

Rig the game and watch Nancy.

Now that I think about it, he can watch what ever he wants! He's been following this case with me since Jan. faithfully and even joined WS because of it!!!!

Mr Pizza rocks!

APA's Center for Workforce Studies estimates that there are 93,000 practicing psychologists in the United States.

The DT in this case managed to find 2 to help them push their bs theory in this case - RS and now supposedly ALV's buddy Geffner.

Out of 93,000. Those 2.

:floorlaugh:

Is the DT kidding?? OMG I am laughing so hard right now.

Oh, I know some people will disagree with me here, but I don't believe for one minute that JW has any illusions about her client. She will not be cuddling up to her once this trial is over.

I hope she is booked into a luxurious spa with her best girlfriends to decompress once this is done.

With all the things she did to him starting with after they broke up how do you expect him to treat her? She stalked him, moved to Mesa, slashed tires, came to his house uninvited, hacked into his personal spaces and followed him and his dates. Would you respect someone that had done all those things to you?

Respect works both ways.

No, I wouldn't. And I wouldn't have sex with the whack job, either.

But that's just me. :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members