Trial day 53: REBUTTAL; #162

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, do tell. What was she doing in court today! Fisties? Dramatic "crying"? Glares? Angry whispering? What was she so on about?

:seeya:

This is what she was doing when the ME testified :

40822591.jpg

Trying to hide ... wiping her "tears" ...

Then ... back to her normal self when the ME finished ...

I hope that helped !

It's an act to make her appear like she's suffering from PTSD -- in particular avoidance. A behavior she did not display when she believed her alibi would hold up.

I missed it, but I wonder if she was looking at the photos again. If she did, hopefully the jury caught it. Would absolutely go against PTSD.

I didn't start watching the Simpson trial until I was recuperating from surgery during the summer. I sat on the sofa in our den, my trusty Jack Russell Terrier on my lap (carefully!), and got caught up in the trial until it ended. That was the first trial that I watched on Court TV. To this day, I still won't write OJ on a grocery list when we need orange juice - I write out the words :D

Seriously?
Do u intentionally misspell project and mojo, too?

Beth Karas reports that the first pic that JM showed today was the autopsy photo of Travis with gunshot wound to the head. The newest photo that most haven't seen, it is so devastating. And then there were more.

We missed the power of the prosecution's presentation at the end, I'm thinking.

The AZfamily site showed all of the pictures after court was over today. I just happened to catch it. I was sorry I looked. Totally devastating.

Hln is reporting the pictures of Travis shown in court today were of the autopsy photos ? Travis on the table etc etc?

Yes, I never turned off AZfamily feed after trial was over and they replayed it showing the graphic photos...they were the autopsy ones that have already been posted here but I didn't get a chance to see them all so I don't know if they were new.

So is the state done? I missed trial today.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. To me it doesn't matter what order the acts occurred in.

If the shot came first, then she shot him in the face and then finished him off by stabbing him nearly thirty times and almost decapitating him.

If the knife came first, then she stabbed him until she got tired, slit his throat from ear to ear, and when he "just wouldn't die"... shot him in the HEAD.

That's murder UNO in any scenario.

I wasn't lamenting the discussion, I was lamenting it being brought up in the general threads again especially when there is a dedicated thread for "which came first..." If that discussion is held to the dedicated thread for it, those of us who are not interested in a re-re-re-rehash of the gun first vs knife first debate won't have to wade through it.

Got it and I totally agree. I hate wading through stuff that should be elsewhere.

I would want to see hard facts, the probability of that happening, regardless of anecdotal evidence.

Please go to the sequence of events thread. Tons of hard science on there.

Dramatic "crying," probably because her grandmother was there to see her handiwork, IMO. The poor woman who took her in, I think, AND whose home provided the gun had to look on a big screen and what it was used for. :twocents:

Eegads. Horrible for the grandmother.

What incenses me more is the absolute agony they deliberately put the Alexanders through. IMO, they did NOT believe their client, and I will go so far as to say I believe they both lied for her at different points in the trial.
They both went far beyond the "duty" they are called upon, and the both disgust me.

I do agree with this. This is the one thing (not their hair styles, sitting positions, tone of voice, objections, junk adjusting, shirts, close-talking with jodi, etc.), that really makes me disrespect them and dislike them. They do not believe her. You are 100% right. Yet they took part in one of the most vicious and inhumane defenses I've seen in years.

The ME testified that due to the bullet touching the brain and the shockwaves also Travis would not have had any purposeful activity.

Excellent. So I guess no running around, and lunging while yelling, directly at jodi, huh? No wrestling around to try to kill her on the floor? Yeah, he's been shot in the head and he's supposed to have been throwing her around and wrestling her, right? So then she had to butcher him like livestock to save her life AFTER he was shot and "kept coming and coming at me"? Didn't think so.

Sounds like it was a nice day!

Maybe JW shouldn't be so happy about Juror #8 (if in fact she is!).

I can easily see a juror who actually favors Jodi wanting off this trial more than one who believes the State. Having to go in out-numbered (prob) and argue your case FOR Jodi would be extremely difficult.

To me if a juror wants off this case at this point, it's more likely they don't want that kind of conflict.

:twocents:

I sincerely doubt there are any jurors favoring Jodi - a chimpanzee could see that she has lied before and throughout the trial and on the stand. I would be insulted as a juror to think this defendant was trying to pull one over on me. Murder One is a certainty - the only outstanding question is whether they will put her to death. Mark my words - this jury will convict her ...

***snipped for space

There will be NO room for any appeal, NONE. Kirk Nurmi made sure of that. All the mistrials he applied for, all the complaints made, every single thing that the two of them did, was to make sure Arias does NOT get a retrial.

****Any thoughts???*****

my brother and i were talking last night and were going all 'conspiracy' on this case. sometimes i think it's like a punk'd episode or reality show. the stuff that happens in that courtroom is just crazy. all the scandalous behaviour from some of the defense witnesses, JM's famous 'in your face' style...

anyways. i was thinking about the defense and about KN in particular. he did do everything 'right'.. asked for mistrials, fought to keep evidence out... jodi got good representation so she can't claim otherwise if she loses. somewhere in my heart i just feel that they dispise her and her lies and are making sure they say over and over things she claimed that are so disgusting and horrible about travis to make the jurors hate them. i know this would not be ethical behaviour at all, but in my 'conspiracy' mind i tend to think that they are trying to get her convicted. crossing their t's and dotting their i's along the way.

the 'normal' me thinks they are just doing their job and are defending her because they believe her, and that it's a game they need to win for their own personal gain. i've been to other sites with opposite views of this one, and there are people there who believe what jodi says and it's so funny to see that they follow the court case like us but it's like bizarro world where everything is opposite. they cheer for 'jenny' and feel bad for jodi because she's so depressed and has ptsd. so i suppose the defense could believe it too.

I just cannot get over her mothers behaviour in the courtroom. She smiles,giggles and acts like she's the proud mother of a celebrity. Is she hiding her feelings or is she missing some coco puffs?
I vote missing some coco puffs. No one could ever support JA unless they were a few fries short of a Happy Meal:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Has it been discussed here that possibly Jodi held Travis at gunpoint, had him step out of the shower, had him walk in front of her/turn his back to her, she stabs him, he then tries to get away, fight her off, which is why they end up in the hall and where he receives the defensive wounds and final stabbings. She then drags him back to shower, shoots him in the right side of the temple just as he had feared he would die at one time, places him in the shower in an effort to decapitate him or dismember him without making too big a mess, realizes this is impossible for her. Change of plans. She can't take camera now. So instead she deletes those specific photos, throws everything in the wash and heads to Utah. She fills up the gas cans to burn the floor mats and her clothes???

This is a great point

Danielle ‏@SheWhoDoes 2m

#jodiarias Who cries cuz of hurting some 1 in self defense? If some 1 was really going to kill u, would u feel bad about killing them 1st?

BTW ~ There are new autopsy photos that came out a few days ago.

Is there a sub-rebuttal next week? Really? OMG

imo, this trial will last at least until the 2nd week in May, because I have a feeling the juror will deliberate for awhile.

Why you ask? Because I don't know if some jurors "get it" yet, and will need other jurors to explain the facts which equate premeditation

We ate at Texas Land and Cattle (a steak house in TX - not sure if they are other places)

I AM STUFFED!!!!!!!!!!!!

When we go to Houston in October we'll be stopping there to eat. Usually do Pappadeaux but the steaks look great at TL&C Thanks!

Any docs that show how he was shot trajectory wise? Because I can not see this just from the xray. I see it in his jaw, But I don't see how it got there.. She through the top of his head??? And then it lodged in his jaw???? Thanks!

Here you go. Also, Horn testified to the brain being the consistency of pudding, and the bullet lodged in the maxilla.

Attachments

• GSW Horn_Report.jpg
    GSW Horn_Report.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 62
Any docs that show how he was shot trajectory wise? Because I can not see this just from the xray. I see it in his jaw, But I don't see how it got there.. She through the top of his head??? And then it lodged in his jaw???? Thanks!
Does this help at all? Travis was shot with a jacketed hollow point . The blue is what a regular bullet does. The green is what a hollow point does. It creates hydrostatic shock in the area once it enters the subject.

uploadfromtaptalk1366917215395.jpg

http://stresshooting.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=28&Itemid=98

Eta: link

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members