Trial day 53: REBUTTAL; #162

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So is the state done? I missed trial today.

Yes. I missed too. But apparently the ME testified again and negated the possibility of Travis chasing jodi down or throwing her on he ground or wrestling with her on the floor after being shot. The state rested and next Wednesday - because the defense needs more time - cross of the ME will occur.

They say jodi was fake crying today because autopsy? photos were shown.

Also, sadly, juror 8, CEO, was dismissed because he had obligations and was told trial would be over by April 11, 2013. So he could not continue. He was a favorite. Big note taker.

This is a great point

Danielle ‏@SheWhoDoes 2m

#jodiarias Who cries cuz of hurting some 1 in self defense? If some 1 was really going to kill u, would u feel bad about killing them 1st?

um yes.
I imagine if i had to murder someone, it would haunt me for the rest of my life - even if I KNEW they were evil.

IMO she was fake crying due to JM showing a lot of the autopsy photos to Dr. Horn. I think she pinches her nose to make it red and tries to grab a nose hair or two so she will tear up! :moo:

I hope somehow it makes it into JM's closing argument that all that "crying" was being performed while the photos of Travis' wounds were displayed... was being put on by the same woman who PLEADED with police on NUMEROUS occasions to let her see them ALL ... explaining the reason as "Morbid Curiosity".

Oh, do tell. What was she doing in court today! Fisties? Dramatic "crying"? Glares? Angry whispering? What was she so on about?

LOL! She looked like hell from the beginning. Then when the ME was up, she hid her face and did the Drama Queen thing when Travis' autopsy pix came up. Yet she was riveted by the ME's description of what happens to the brain. Boo hoo.

The ME testified that due to the bullet touching the brain and the shockwaves also Travis would not have had any purposeful activity.

We all know that Surrebuttal has now been granted to refute Dr. DeMarte's testimony about BPD;

now HLN is reporting that Surrebuttal may be requested (and granted??) to refute the ME's testimony.

Another motion coming???

IMO the knife came first because the crime was personal. If she only stabbed him, she's "smart" enough to know she would be a suspect - 1 weapon, 1 killer. The gun shot was to make it look like some kind of burglery or hit - instead of a jealousy stabby ex.

I'm inclined to agree with this. Given her two ninja story, I think it's likely that she shot him to suggest that two killers committed the crime.

Given that the defendant was so worked up from court today, I wonder if Wilmott calmed her before she was led to her transportation back to jail today ?

I believe she has to wait for all the other prisoners to finish in court and they only have one bus back to jail. She could have to wait till 4:30. So she will have plenty of time to sit and contemplate her fate.

After watching the dateline - along came jodi story I do feel that Travis was playing with fire and it should be a good lesson to all to treat people with respect. Not saying he deserved anything to happen to him, just saying that I think he could have handled his relationship with Jodi in "better" ways.... But what do I know..

Given that the defendant was so worked up from court today, I wonder if Wilmott calmed her before she was led to her transportation back to jail today ?

JMHOO. I really think that was all for show. After the jury left and JA watched on as the attorneys were in sidebar, she looked just fine....for a psychopathic killer, that is. I didn't notice any red-rimmed eyes or puffiness.

I truly believe if she cries for real at all, her tears are all for herself.

Yes. I missed too. But apparently the ME testified again and negated the possibility of Travis chasing jodi down or throwing her on he ground or wrestling with her on the floor after being shot. The state rested and next Wednesday - because the defense needs more time - cross of the ME will occur.

Also, sadly, juror 8, CEO, was dismissed because he had obligations and was told trial would be over by April 11, 2013. So he could not continue. He was a favorite. Big note taker.

BBM-Dr. Horn is done testifying, JW did cross, he was asked juror questions and then JM and JW did their follow-up.

A bit more about today's testimony from HLN:
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/04/25/will-martinez-end-his-rebuttal-bang

"Horn said Alexander was stabbed first, because if Alexander was shot first he would have been incapacitated within seconds and would not have been able to fight back or walk after that injury to his brain.

Martinez asked, "When you say very rapidly incapacitating, what does that mean to those of us who not in the medical profession? Would he have gone down? Would he have stood there? Would he have crawled? What would have happened?"

"Uh, he may have been able to take a step or two, probably would have collapsed or lost consciousness within seconds," said Horn.

During Horn's testimony, Martinez displayed photos to the jury of Alexander's hands with defensive wounds indicating he was conscious enough to fight back."

I'm watching Dr Horn's testimony from today. I like him better without the scruff.

He's much clearer about his conclusion this time.

The bullet went in a downward motion and embedded in the jaw bone.

As Dr. Horn said, there are 2 holes in the skull, therefore passing through the frontal lobe.

Once passed through the frontal lobe of the brain, you are essentially dead instantly.

The blood spatter on the bathroom sink is from the bleeding after the stabbings in/near the shower- NOT a gunshot wound.

Any docs that show how he was shot trajectory wise? Because I can not see this just from the xray. I see it in his jaw, But I don't see how it got there.. She through the top of his head??? And then it lodged in his jaw???? Thanks!

I just cannot get over her mothers behaviour in the courtroom. She smiles,giggles and acts like she's the proud mother of a celebrity. Is she hiding her feelings or is she missing some coco puffs?

You know I've thought about this often.. I wonder if there isn't a couple of things at play with 'mom'..

1) Some people when they are uncomfortable will nervous laugh/smile because they don't want other's to see it kind of the brave face so to speak??
---I think her mom might just be so uncomfortable with what her daughter has done she is nervous

2) It's all just too overwhelming she doesn't know how to react like an overload of senses..
-- I don't think her mom ever thought she'd be in this situation & trying hard to not show emotions of how she truly feels such the cover up with smile

3) She's just focusing on day by day part by part...
--JA mom may focus on each individual part of the case so if something isn't allowed etc she smiles because she thinks that's what she is suppose to do or maybe glad that say sound on video not allowed because she knows that would automatically give her daughter the DP

I know it's not favorable to sympathetic to JA's parents but honestly I don't think her parents really knew how disturbed to the point of cold blooded murder she was actually. I think they knew she was difficult that they'd had an abrasive relationship etc but not that she was this unstable.. ~~JMO~~

The defense already crossed the ME today, I believe the delay to next wednesday is for the surrebuttal witness, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV