Trial day 53: REBUTTAL; #162

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the comparison. It looks like she was dragging him with her left hand and she snapped a picture with her right hand.

Seen this pic before? Who's hair is that? Looks like the hair is low to the ground. I'm confoozed.

Poor poor Jodi. It's so rough having the autopsy photos shown. What happened to her morbid curiosity?

As I said earlier, she's acting, pretending those photos disturb her. She committed this heinous murder, dragged Travis' body back to the shower, stuffed him in the shower, and tried to clean up afterward. She isn't one bit disturbed at the sight of blood or a dead body.

MOO

than ALV or Samuels IMO. He seems even more willing to "believe" what he's told by his customer. He also doesn't even treat patients or practice anymore-just testifies and runs his "non-profit".

I'm confident that Juan will destory him and the jury will ignore him.

What would a juror think when now they have to listen to yet another "expert' who wants them to feel "sorry" for Jodi. Jodi, who's endless self absorbtion has made this trial interminably long. A defendant on the stand for 18 days-most people wouldn't believe a DT could make a trial go this long-the bulk of it was Jodi talking about every latte she ever purchased and every sex act she played a starring role in which had to be recounted in excrutiating detail at least twice, on direct and redirect. Then flippin ALV and her 70's victimology and Samuels and his missing paperwork and poor jodi stories...UGH!!!! Those jurors must want this over way more than we do!

I bet Juan knows ALL of this and is anticipating a little azz kicking on Wednesday! :floorlaugh:

Ok, I'm just catching up on today's testimony - is JW actually trying to suggest there was NO injury to the brain?? I mean, come ON. He was shot in face! O.o

More importantly than shot in the face. Shot in the forehead. People have shot themselves in the face before and blown out their cheek without damaging the brain.

i dont know about that but didnt the rental car guy say the car smelled of smoke..wonder what kind of smoke maybe the extra gas she burned the evidence .

No, that's the excuse Jodi gave him for why she wanted to switch cars when he first gave her a red one. She said it smelled of smoke.

Way late and OT, but I was a kid too. When I watched the first Naked Gun movie with commentary, the scene with OJ sneaking around the dock came on and one of the commentators (I think the director) said he was getting rid of the other glove.

Is anyone concerned about the sur rebuttal? I've read somewhere that DH changed his testimony and it seems the TH on HLN think his use of probably was damaging. I don't know a lot about the RG, but it's giving me anxiety just thinking this could change the game again.

HLN drives me nuts. The only one that made since was Lisa Bloom. Probably is used in medical terminology because nothing is 100%. the Definition is supported by evidence strong enough to establish presumption but not proof. Of course, the defense is going to say DH said it was not a possibility which is a different definition. So if a bullet went through my eye into the frontal brain I PROBABLY would not be able to body slam or chase JA down the hall and into the closet. I only pray that the jury is smart enough to put this together. I know JM will PROBABLY be at the top of his game.

I've been dying to ask this question all day, but little ole me got a time out 'cause I slipped up and called JA a bad name. OPPS!!! I'm sorry, MODS! I didn't mean to make your job harder! I will keep myself in check from here on out!

Anyway, Linda's engagement ring - How did it become known that Jodi stole it? I never heard that before. Did Travis know she stole it?

Way early on in the trial, somewhere I saw the final photo of Travis taken June 4 - AFTER the foot in the foreground dragging him. I remember clearly that in the photo, Travis' eyes were open, his mouth was open (like it shows in the autopsy photos), and there was blood on his face.

My thought about the gunshot, since it was to his face, was that she saw his eyes were open before she put him in the shower, and wasn't sure he was dead, so she shot him for good measure.

JMHO

How interesting. Tell me more! I knew the son of one of David Berkowitz's early cell mates. Long time ago. He had a handful of David's poems his dad had given him that he wanted to sell.

I lived in the Riverdale section of the Bronx and Son of Sam didn't live too far away from me. We heard he was coming to Riverdale to kill again- he said that after he was arrested. Thank goodness he was caught. Horrible.

Thank you for sharing.
She robbed him of his chance to live a fulfilled blessed life, I hope she gets the dp so that she can sit in that cold cell and think of what she robbed him of and herself.

You are more than welcome. This journey has been an emotional roller coaster for all of us, those that knew Travis personally, and those that wish they were given the opportunity to meet him.

Ok....good point :blushing: will I know ppl over there? I'm shy...

Ummm... If I were a bettin' gal.. oops I am! I would say :yes: Same peeps, just able to let our hair down down! Lots of fun!

Less aggravation for our mods. :gomods:

:seeya: all over there!

I somewhat agree. ;)

I think she wanted a "clean kill" and tried to shoot him first and something happened to the gun. A jam/misfire? Although, she succeeded at the end to shoot him him in the temple.

She then resorted to Plan B- the knife.

She brutally stabbed him in the back. She wasn't going to leave until she made sure he was dead, but I still think Plan A (gun) failed. Otherwise, why else would of she stole it from her grandparents?

There is no way she shot him first.. You know why?? Because she wanted it to hurt and shooting him would have been too quick. IF she really wanted him just dead? She would have waited until he was in the shower and shot him 5 times. That would have been that.. She wanted to kill him with gusto. She wanted it to hurt. She wanted to torture him.

The gun was most likely to me an after thought..
To make sure he was really really dead.

Thanks ... is it like a major artery?

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superior_vena_cava"]Superior vena cava - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Think of it as the northbound lane and the aorta as the southbound lane for the blood passage to/thru the heart.

BOTH vena cava & aorta a wicked important to life, damage to the vena cava gives you "seconds-minutes" longer vs damage to the aorta. AND, yes this is highly simplified!

Seen this pic before? Who's hair is that? Looks like the hair is low to the ground. I'm confoozed.

It was posted on the last thread ... I don't know who took the picture of the woman lying in the hallway, but I understand that the photo is used to illustrate what is happening in the photo of Travis. Travis' neck is bleeding downward, so it's after she slit his throat. Jodi's left foot is facing right, so she must be dragging him with her left arm and taking the picture with her right hand.

Im sure its a defense tactic with gm and its awful to use an elderly woman like that.

Jodi looks so much like her grandmother! Wow!

She looks bored. I would be devastated. I may be misreading her expression. She looks like she could be at a John Deer convention, against her will. I do not mean to sound callous, but that family, thus far, has not demonstrated proper court room etiquette. IMHO

BBM~ There is no evidence that Travis suspected Jodi stole it.

Us WS'ers are just putting pieces together.

I think she had it on her left ring finger (maybe before the killing) and Travis tried to get it off her, hence the busted finger story.

But, of course there is no fact of this.

I've been dying to ask this question all day, but little ole me got a time out 'cause I slipped up and called JA a bad name. OPPS!!! I'm sorry, MODS! I didn't mean to make your job harder! I will keep myself in check from here on out!

Anyway, Linda's engagement ring - How did it become known that Jodi stole it? I never heard that before. Did Travis know she stole it?

Ab.so.lute.ly, Scarlett - ITA!

I do think she wanted to disable him pretty quickly so he wouldn't have much of a chance to come at her or to defend himself. The chest wounds would have really slowed him down right from the start, and his blood loss would have been very disabling very quickly. Maybe that is when he somehow got to the sink, spraying his lifeblood everywhere and trying to get his breath, thereby exposing his back to her.

Then came those quick bad wounds to his back; now he is down & crawling away from her. Then the most-horrible-wound-I-have-ever-seen (and this includes the M.E. photos of the victims of the Manson family) to his throat. And I can just hear her now, saying "Take that, you ^(*&%^. That'll show you to break up with me! I am going to kill you, you %)*&^*)$."

If she attacked him from the back first, it would have surely stunned him right from the start, and she could do those without him seeing they were coming; start him staggering from the get-go. And then the rest.

And yes, Mz. Scarpetta, the gunshot was the period at the end of his sentence -- the sentence she pronounced on him due to her having to have the last word, scorned woman that she was. She had to have been standing over him, facing the right side of his head. Sometimes being left-handed does have its advantages, I guess.

I don't think he refrained from defending himself because he didn't have the heart to defend himself. Certainly, he was a gentle, nice guy; way, way above her on every measurement there is, but he would have fought for his life, but she was too mean, too quick, too jealous, & and too full of hate & evil.

He never had a chance.

Fantastic post and so true IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads