Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks ... is it like a major artery?

Nope. A vein. Carries used up blood back to the heart for more oxygen. Arteries takes the re-oxygenated blood back through the body.

But the vena cava is a major vein and severing it is potentially deadly. Likely deadly. :(

ETA: certainly deadly unless one were in the ER with docs standing by. Don't know why I posted "potentially".....Duhrrrrrr

What is this pic you speak of? tia

It was posted on the last thread ... I don't know who took the picture of the woman lying in the hallway, but I understand that the photo is used to illustrate what is happening in the photo of Travis. Travis' neck is bleeding downward, so it's after she slit his throat. Jodi's left foot is facing right, so she must be dragging him with her left arm and taking the picture with her right hand.

Obviously can only 'speculate' cause I wasn't there, but here are some thoughts.... I was looking on the internet out of curiosity, and I think if JA had a knife taped to her waist, and caught TA completely off guard, stabbing quickly in the chest while he was still in the shower, wet, naked, water in his eyes, and shocked. Stabbing first would not be that hard to believe. Below is a woman who killed I think her husband over her cat.

"In a move to protect the animal, the woman seized the rake from his hands and then snatched a knife from the table in a fit of rage, and stabbed the man three times in the chest," a spokesman for the Investigative Committee said.

I think because he was bigger than her people want to believe it was not possible to stab first, but if she was ready and quick, she would be in control especially of a naked man. If she really had never handled a gun before, she may have preferred starting with the knife. Also, for JA this was not just about killing him it was about control, about making him feel her pain, there may even be a significance to the number of stab wounds for her. Shooting once in the end could be to go along with the story he told, or to make it look like there were two people.

Time for bed.

Goodnight everyone.

Doesn't premeditation have to do with every single stab wound and shot to the head?
It doesn't matter if it was the stab wound to the heart, lungs, slicing his throat, shooting him in the head etc. At some point killing him was premeditated!!!! And I haven't even started my case on a vicious (but probably warranted) text from Travis, a stolen gun, a rented car, borrowed (bartered) gas cans etc!
This crime was a premeditated murder! In many ways and each and every time she inflicted injuries to cause his death!!!!

Well, I don't know who this Linda Ballard Boss is unless she was a high school sweetheart Never heard of her before.

I will try to explain who she is

TA was dating Deanna, Deanna went it a 1 1/2 yr mission for the church. During her mission TA wrote her a letter explaining he wanted to date other girls,
He met Linda, they dated, Deanna came home from her mission, Linda moved away, Deanna and TA got back together

This is IMO and my understanding
Hope this helps
Sorry for errors on my phone

She looks bored. I would be devastated. I may be misreading her expression. She looks like she could be at a John Deer convention, against her will. I do not mean to sound callous, but that family, thus far, has not demonstrated proper court room etiquette. IMHO

I wonder if Grandma is drugged. Please let Grandma go home. She does not need to be in court.

BBM~ There is no evidence that Travis suspected Jodi stole it.

Us WS'ers are just putting pieces together.

I think she had it on her left ring finger (maybe before the killing) and Travis tried to get it off her, hence the busted finger story.

But, of course there is no fact of this.

I may be imagining things, but didn't Linda say on NG tonight that Jodi stole it?

No, that's the excuse Jodi gave him for why she wanted to switch cars when he first gave her a red one. She said it smelled of smoke.

I thought that she didn't want the red one because it would stand out more and she'd be more likely to get a ticket.

I also thought when she returned the white car, the car reeked of smoke, the floormats were missing and there was red stain on the seats. I could have sworn that's what happened,

There was duct tape found at the crime scene, correct?

Maybe that's what Jodi used to tape the weapons on her?

HLN After Dark 11-1 Guilty of Premeditation
Seriously, I think sometimes the ones that pick not-guilty know they will get some camera time.

"Helter Skelter" was the first true crime book I ever read....I think I was 12 or 13 and sneaked
it from my Mom's bookcase......:ohoh:

After that I was a crime junkie.

Mine too!!! At the ripe old age of 11...no tv except three regular channels made a reader outta me! And Vincent B made a crime junkie outta me!:seeya:

She looks bored. I would be devastated. I may be misreading her expression. She looks like she could be at a John Deer convention, against her will. I do not mean to sound callous, but that family, thus far, has not demonstrated proper court room etiquette. IMHO

maybe she is bored. maybe she's exhausted. Maybe she's like many others and is tired of everything and wants to be home.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I know this sounds crazy! But on verdict day! The defence team should remove all sharp objects from her sight. I mean even her pencils.
And the bailiff needs to keep that shock remote handy! No telling how she will react if she gets the death penalty.

I concur. lol

I thought that she didn't want the red one because it would stand out more and she'd be more likely to get a ticket.

I also thought when she returned the white car, the car reeked of smoke, the floormats were missing and there was red stain on the seats. I could have sworn that's what happened,

I originally thought it was the Cancun trip that set JA off but once I saw that long diatribe from TA to JA (via txt msg) I now think that's what did it. While I'm sure JA did something to deserve that barrage, it was indeed a barrage and it kept going onAndonAndon. I think that's what set her off. It was after that exchange that the whole plan was set in motion. 2 days later the gun was "stolen," and within a week TA was dead. Cancun may have been a point of anger for JA, but I don't think it was the main impetus anymore.

Nope. A vein. Carries used up blood back to the heart for more oxygen. Arteries takes the re-oxygenated blood back through the body.

But the vena cava is a major vein and severing it is potentially deadly. Likely deadly. :(

Of everything that we've heard, the actual description of the wounds has cost me many a sleepless night. What this poor kid went through speaks to a horror that is so unimaginable, I don't think any punishment for his murderer will suffice.

Even thinking I was desensitized to it all today, when Dr. Horn was asked his opinion about whether TA was alive when his throat was cut...to hear him say, "Yes, he was...." I felt my extremities go numb.

I am grateful to have a place like this to vent, flush with people who are like-minded and feel the same insatiable need for SOME measure of justice. My belief in god hangs in the balance...I pray this jury does the right thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry Cooper