Trial day 53: REBUTTAL; #162

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Always through this trial I have marveled at just how JA's psychological disfunction has hurt her. Weird that it will actually be "that" paving the road to her death or LWOP.

I often wonder if she had been less controlled by her psychopatic tendencies would this have been a different trial. Had she been a little less controlled by her failure to take blame and narcissism, would this have been a different trial than this:

1. He convinced her to come to Mesa, now he has convinced her to come to his house after she moves?

2. He wants the shower pics to display his body

3. TA is so enraged by a dropped camera (from 24 inches or so) that he would attack her.

5. He body slams her against a tile floor without injury other than a "non documented injury to her shoulder"

6. He apparently stands there at her knees as she twists, gets up and rushes from the room in fear of her life. Like a statue apparently, since he didn't stop her.

7. He chases her into the closet where she gets the gun (this is where the Kill Bill wire work begins to play in)

8. She leaps on the bottom shelf (without benefit of her hands mind you and regardless of shelf weight standards) and grabs gun from back of corner shelf. I.e. while he is still chasing her.

9. She dashes through door into bathroom and strikes Charlie's Angels pose as he leaps at her like a linebacker with his head conveniently turned so she can shoot him in the downward angle required by autopsy results.

10. With the bullet and skull fragments careening through his skull he clearly states, "I'm gonna kill you" or something similiar and clutches at her as she nimbly twists away and runs from the bathroom as her fog enters, but apparently he gets up and presumably comes after her since she believes he is still a threat to justify the stab wounds and slit throat.

And this is what the jury has to accept?

maybe she is bored. maybe she's exhausted. Maybe she's like many others and is tired of everything and wants to be home.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Justice is just around the bend.i hope nurmi and wilmott don't try to drag this on any longer than it need be.

I've never heard of a new expert at this point. You call back the psychologist you already have to rebutt what the states psychologist said. No way would a case be overturned because the DT couldn't bring in a third expert for a surrebuttal when they already had an expert with the same dr. qualification already. It's like Juan brought back the ME in his rebuttal-he didn't go get a whole new ME. THat wouldn't be fair as experts have to be deposed, write their reports and give the other side time to review it. It's lucky he's such a bozo, but this could otherwise be a serious unfairness to the state. And not permitting it would in no way be unfair to the defendant-they had thier choice of experts for many years.

<snipped>

BBM

JSS has allowed him to testify in a surrebuttal because she does not want this case overturned on appeal.

It's really a non-issue, given Geffner's clear and obvious bias, being a friend and colleague of ALV. JM will have him testify to that, as well as his being sanctioned by another trial court, etc.

Not to worry. IMO JM will eviscerate him.

Nighty night, peeps. :eek:fftobed:

Field day tomorrow! Our last one of elementary school. :cry:

I don't HLN at night anymore. Was Linda on NG? Good grief, now I have to watch it. :facepalm:

She was, and it was worth a watch. Seemed like a really nice girl. I know she talked about the ring Travis bought, but don't mark my words that she actually said Jodi stole it - because, like I said - I might be imagining things!!!

Superior vena cava - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Think of it as the northbound lane and the aorta as the southbound lane for the blood passage to/thru the heart.

BOTH vena cava & aorta a wicked important to life, damage to the vena cava gives you "seconds-minutes" longer vs damage to the aorta. AND, yes this is highly simplified!

John Ritter died from a dissected aorta. He was across from a hospital when it happened and they could not save him. It happens that fast.

O/t Angelina I like your avatar.

I have been emotionally and physically sick since looking at the autopsy photos earlier today. RIP Travis, justice is coming soon.

I know that JA said she threw the gun into the desert before she reached the "so-called" checkpoint at the dam. I don't even know if that checkpoint was in place at the time she claims she went thru it. (How do we even know for sure what route she took). She either threw the knife and gun into a body of water between Mesa, AZ and her home in Cali or kept the weapons as some sort of trophy. She kept the receipts as a trophy IMO - not for tax purposes.

Doesn't premeditation have to do with every single stab wound and shot to the head?
It doesn't matter if it was the stab wound to the heart, lungs, slicing his throat, shooting him in the head etc. At some point killing him was premeditated!!!! And I haven't even started my case on a vicious (but probably warranted) text from Travis, a stolen gun, a rented car, borrowed (bartered) gas cans etc!
This crime was a premeditated murder! In many ways and each and every time she inflicted injuries to cause his death!!!!

I never realized until I was in college, and my degree is in Criminal Justice, that the criteria for being premeditated does not have to be an actual, laid out, step-by-step, plan. It can be premeditated within seconds of performing the act. I was shocked.

Could someone please tell me who goes first in closing Thursday. Is it the Defense or Prosecution?
Do we know who will do the closing for the defense, JW or KN?

TIA

I'm not trying to come across as sounding mean, but she doesn't have to be there, does she?

She is there to support Jodi imo.

maybe she is bored. maybe she's exhausted. Maybe she's like many others and is tired of everything and wants to be home.

I am so tired of the defense TH's saying no premeditation because of the messy crime scene. Why is it so difficult for them to think that JA had a whole murder plan in her mind. One where she would arrive, have sex, get him in the shower, torture him a bit and kill him right there. She didn't expect that it would take a heck of a lot more. This was not in her mind. Everything went amiss and then it was all improvised. I'm not even sure she ever planned on using the gun, I think the gun was a prop to keep her in the shower, where she could stab him. I think the gun was used last because although he was already dead, his body could have been making sounds and she shot him to be "humane", as she said in the police interview.

After the testimony yesterday about Travis' computer being accessed shortly before 5 pm (presumably while Travis was getting ready to take a shower, since he would be dead a little over a half hour later), I formed a new opinion in my head about why she killed him with a knife instead of the gun she brought with.

I believe her original intention was to kill him with the gun - until she got on his computer. According to her testimony, TA told her he was taking "a babysitter" on the Cancun trip instead of her (which I think may have been true, if he didn't want to "set her off" by telling her who he was really taking).

I think she believed that by seducing him, that he would change his mind and take her instead (hence, her purchase for 2 cans of sunblock from Walmart), since it wasn't even someone he was close to going with him - or so she thought.

IMHO, while TA was upstairs getting ready for his shower, she got on his computer, and found that the tickets were actually for TA and Mimi - not some babysitter. She was furious that he lied to her, and that he wasn't going to change his mind about taking her with him because Mimi was TA's future wife (or so she claims he told her).

She quickly formulated the idea to do a photo shoot with TA posing as in the Psycho shower scenes, which would give her a reason to have a knife with her. She probably told him she would leave if she let him take these last photos of him. I think he realized at the last minute that she was going to kill him. I think the photo of him on the floor of the shower was actually her dropping the camera to stab TA in the chest, and that she was kicking the camera out of her way - which accounted for the ceiling shot, plus the shots of her dragging his body. I think she intended for him to hurt as much as she FELT hurt her emotionally.

I also think, based on the outline that the tech guy drew around the reflection in TA's eye shows that JA was holding the camera waist high in one hand(if he was sitting in the shower at that time, the flash could have momentarily blinded him from that height), and her other arm was reaching behind her for the knife.

IMHO, as I posted a few pages ago, I think the gunshot was for good measure to make sure he was really dead, since his eyes were still open.

She looks bored. I would be devastated. I may be misreading her expression. She looks like she could be at a John Deer convention, against her will. I do not mean to sound callous, but that family, thus far, has not demonstrated proper court room etiquette. IMHO

The whole mom,the maternal gramma, and aunts,demeanour totally off. I however think the dad showed displeasure, disgust the day he was there for the sex tape day view. In the police interrogation tape, I felt sad for him.

Doesn't premeditation have to do with every single stab wound and shot to the head?
It doesn't matter if it was the stab wound to the heart, lungs, slicing his throat, shooting him in the head etc. At some point killing him was premeditated!!!! And I haven't even started my case on a vicious (but probably warranted) text from Travis, a stolen gun, a rented car, borrowed (bartered) gas cans etc!
This crime was a premeditated murder! In many ways and each and every time she inflicted injuries to cause his death!!!!

Everyone deals with tragedy differently. Believe me I know. I lost my sister to a house fire. It will be 2 years ago in December. Every single member of my family dealt with it in a different manner.

Another question for fellow Sleuthers - Why did Grandmother all of a sudden show up in the courthouse? Towards the end of trial - To get her used to the courthouse so when she begs the jury to save her lovely grand daughter's life in the penalty phase? Did Grandmother look at the photos today to see her grand daughter's handiwork?

Thanks Gypsy... she is sure adorable. I can't watch the HLN video because I can't stream where i'm at.

Why did they break-up? From the pics, there are a cute couple.

She was, and it was worth a watch. Seemed like a really nice girl. I know she talked about the ring Travis bought, but don't mark my words that she actually said Jodi stole it - because, like I said - I might be imagining things!!!

I know this sounds crazy! But on verdict day! The defence team should remove all sharp objects from her sight. I mean even her pencils.
And the bailiff needs to keep that shock remote handy! No telling how she will react if she gets the death penalty.

I think she knows what's coming. She might just glare at the jury and give them a creepy smile.

What if the camera was hanging around her neck and traveled with her up the hall. Got bounced around during the killing and snapped a couple of pictures. Is that possible?

I thought of that too, but it wouldn't be possible. (Also, the neck strap was still in plastic in the box, never having been used)

The last two photos were taken upside down while the camera was on the floor. Which JW got Detective Melendez to admit would be humanly impossible for a person to take while the button was on the floor, facing the floor. Which is why that small little 4" tile vein appears huge in the dragging photo. I was looking for a vein about 12" long!

The photos looked like this. Timestamps were added by the Mesa PD, based on information from the EXIF data:

53216-Version9_zpsfd5190e0.jpg

ja34_zps9b765fe62_zps7389fc32.jpg

For an illuminating demonstration of how that camera could take photos upside down, check out Detective Melendez' demonstration in court at the 1:53 minute mark in this video. He explains it takes very little pressure anywhere on the back of the camera to snap a photo! Amazing!

Jodi Arias Murder Trial Day 6.NSFW, Graphic photos, Warning! My apologies! - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat