Trial day 53: REBUTTAL; #162

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another question for fellow Sleuthers - Why did Grandmother all of a sudden show up in the courthouse? Towards the end of trial - To get her used to the courthouse so when she begs the jury to save her lovely grand daughter's life in the penalty phase? Did Grandmother look at the photos today to see her grand daughter's handiwork?

I think that it's possible that she was a prosecution witness. The day that she arrived in court is the day that the defense argued to keep witnesses out. The grandmother was probably going to testify about the stolen gun. It's the one missing piece in the prosecution "tied with a bow" rebuttal argument.

It was posted on the last thread ... a comparable pose to help interpret the evidence photo

Has it ever been explained why they don't think that Jodi dragged Travis's body by his feet/legs back into the shower? Even though the pic shows her positioned at his head, it doesn't mean that she was dragging him at the time...

another question for fellow sleuthers - why did grandmother all of a sudden show up in the courthouse? Towards the end of trial - to get her used to the courthouse so when she begs the jury to save her lovely grand daughter's life in the penalty phase? Did grandmother look at the photos today to see her grand daughter's handiwork?

bingo!

I thought nancy was the one that said Jodie stole it.

Some of Travis' male friends have been on HLN and said that Travis always suspected it was Jodi who stole the ring. I'll try to recall which guys it was, but I know I heard that more than once from his buddies. Also Dr. DeMarte said Travis accused her of it, or knew it was her who did it. She had spoken to Steven, Travis' brother, so I assume he told her that.

Another question for fellow Sleuthers - Why did Grandmother all of a sudden show up in the courthouse? Towards the end of trial - To get her used to the courthouse so when she begs the jury to save her lovely grand daughter's life in the penalty phase? Did Grandmother look at the photos today to see her grand daughter's handiwork?

I think its to hopefully have at least one juror to show compassion to those that would suffer if Jodi went to death
Life WP
As opposed to death.
It might work on a sensitive juror.
I felt so bad watching her grandma in the gallery.
But honestly, my grandma would have done anything for me.
Anything!
Just saying!

Helter Skelter :rocker: great book!

I read that too and got a creepy feeling, but it didn't stop me from reading other crime books....still love them.

When I was a teenager I lived in Santa Barbara with my grandma and during that time period Manson lived on her street about 4 blocks away.

As I understand it Travis met Jodi one month before this incident and baptized her one month after. So telling his ex-girlfriend whom he had wanted to marry that he had or has been dating a girl named Jodi who is a pathological liar in that time frame doesn't make much sense to me. I considered the possibility that Linda was wrong on the date, but I'm sure she did a lot of thinking about that last meeting and knows at least what year it happened in. I wonder when she got married. I didn't listen to the interview all the way to the end. Anybody know when she married Boss?

Oh well.... Einstein I ain't..... :giggle:

Predictions on how she will react when she is found guilty of Murder in the 1st?
I'm thinking she will hide her face and "cry" then give hateful looks to the jurors. JW will have to try to console her with a hug.

IMHO, she will be yelling "this isn't right! I've been writing in my journals every day - no jury will ever convict me, no jury will ever convict me - so it can't have happened!" :scared:

I'm thinking that whether the gunshot came first or last will remain a mystery and the only way we will ever learn the truth is if Jodi tells us......maybe just before the lethal injection.

Anyway, I've been convinced since January that the stabbing came first. But, just finished reading WS Sequence of Events #1 and #2. Gunshot first is becoming more believable. I asked myself, as a small woman holding a camera in one hand, what would I want in the other hand against a big guy in a shower? Have to answer "gun".

This trial is making me crazy and indecisive!

This drives me crazy too. I can't imagine the scenario. But after hearing Dr Horn again, I am going with what he sad: stabbing first. Defensive wounds, TA too incapacitated to get to end of the hall. And the 62 seconds the photos show leaves no room for a shooting to take place. She shot him after the dragging photo. That's what I'm going with now... hope the jurors do too.

Always through this trial I have marveled at just how JA's psychological disfunction has hurt her. Weird that it will actually be "that" paving the road to her death or LWOP.

I often wonder if she had been less controlled by her psychopatic tendencies would this have been a different trial. Had she been a little less controlled by her failure to take blame and narcissism, would this have been a different trial than this:

1. He convinced her to come to Mesa, now he has convinced her to come to his house after she moves?

2. He wants the shower pics to display his body

3. TA is so enraged by a dropped camera (from 24 inches or so) that he would attack her.

5. He body slams her against a tile floor without injury other than a "non documented injury to her shoulder"

6. He apparently stands there at her knees as she twists, gets up and rushes from the room in fear of her life. Like a statue apparently, since he didn't stop her.

7. He chases her into the closet where she gets the gun (this is where the Kill Bill wire work begins to play in)

8. She leaps on the bottom shelf (without benefit of her hands mind you and regardless of shelf weight standards) and grabs gun from back of corner shelf. I.e. while he is still chasing her.

9. She dashes through door into bathroom and strikes Charlie's Angels pose as he leaps at her like a linebacker with his head conveniently turned so she can shoot him in the downward angle required by autopsy results.

10. With the bullet and skull fragments careening through his skull he clearly states, "I'm gonna kill you" or something similiar and clutches at her as she nimbly twists away and runs from the bathroom as her fog enters, but apparently he gets up and presumably comes after her since she believes he is still a threat to justify the stab wounds and slit throat.

And this is what the jury has to accept?

Um ... well ... ya. Makes sense to me. WTH is your problem? :gasp:

I guess some of us can grasp the truth more than others.:giggle:

:cautionDrunk: oops ... sorry .. one too many (hahahahaha)

Direct of this hired gun doc by the DT, cross by JM, redirect, jury questions, then follow up by both sides.

JM up first in closing, then DT, then JM again to respond to whatever he wants from the DT.

FINAL word is for the State. :)

Oh that makes me happy happy happy.

My Dad used to say "I'll swanni." Thanks, hadn't thought of that in years.

My mom used to say that, too. She would say, "Well, I'll swanni to goodness." I never knew what that meant.

I have not been able to read every post (I have a sweet 5 month old who is very demanding of my attention), but does anyone know why the PPL Cancun witness was never called to testify? Wasn't he going to prove Jodi was originally going to Cancun with Travis until it was changed to MiMi?

And, by the way, the first true crime book I ever read was "Fatal Vision" about Jeffrey MacDonald. I was probably about 12 and I was fascinated. It hooked me on true crime.

Jumping off your post here.

But if she kept the gun, I think it would have been found. Don't you? She got rid of that gun.

I've had a fever the last few days, so forgive me if I'm not making sense, but I have another question because I've never been clear on this....

The gun that was found in the engine compartment of the rental car. Where did she get that? How was it found? Did she have it when she killed Travis? (I do realize it's not the gun used to kill Travis).

The gun she stole from her Grandfather a few days before she killed Travis has not been found. Who knows where it is? Just because she says "she threw it out in the desert" does not make it true. I think it is possible that she either "HID" her killing weapons somewhere or threw them into a body of water between Mesa and SLC? The murderer purchased a 9 mm handgun after she murdered Travis - The 9 mm was found hidden in the hood of the rental car when she left her Grandparents home along with TWO KNIVES in her belongings inside the car.

O/T I worked with a lady who kept calling her Sign/Other "The Father of My Children" I finally asked her several years later if she was married. Yes.

But.... Maybe the Father of her Children wasnt the person she was married to...

Hmmmmm?

:giggle:

I think what's important for the jurors to go to a verdict is the "evidence" brought into the courts. We might believe Jodi slashed tires, stole a ring, etc. And that would "represent" jealousy and stalking. But there is no evidence, just accusation. The jurors cannot consider this as any evidence as far as her guilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatMeryl