Trial day 53: REBUTTAL; #162

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to say...clarify of sorts...My sweet eye-candy, Dr. Horn specifically said that the gun shot wound was "RAPIDLY incapacitating" NOT Immediately incapacitating. JM had him explain the difference between the two. I post this for those that repeat he said the latter and that was NOT his testimony. Our darling Travis only had seconds to walk (if already in motion) or fall down and pass out. He could NOT have walked to the sink, stand there, cough or crawl there, get himself up to sink and cough up blood. He was NOT shot first in the middle of bathroom. =(Just sayin'

If JA was in a fog after she slaughtered Travis, how is it that she thought to lock his bedroom door when she left?

APA's Center for Workforce Studies estimates that there are 93,000 practicing psychologists in the United States.

The DT in this case managed to find 2 to help them push their bs theory in this case - RS and now supposedly ALV's buddy Geffner.

Out of 93,000. Those 2.

:floorlaugh:

Is the DT kidding?? OMG I am laughing so hard right now.

Both ALV and Geffner head up their own nonprofit organization. Both sit on the boards of other nonprofits. Both are based in southern CA within two hrs. of each other. Both host seminars where others like them can attend and earn continuing ed credits toward their psych license renewal. There's something quasi-incestuous about the set-up imo, especially given that Geffner's tax-empt org receives over $2M a year in gov "grants" and idk how much in tax-free private donations.

When his name came up, my guess was Geffner replaced ALV as JA's mitigation witness when ALV moved up to the defense c-i-c. I think Geffner may focus on the abuse/neglect JA experienced as a child, he'll just do it pre-verdict instead of post-verdict. DrD mentioned Jodi's BPD may be related to her parents failure to validate her feelings as a child. Maybe Geffner will use DrD's report as a guide and try to convince the jury Jodi is a victim of those who failed her long before she met Travis.

Originally Posted by Sulamith
What do you all make of this Nancy Grace interview with TA's friend Duane Tolman? He was a witness, so not just HLN making things up. He states he was in a restaurant with TA when a robbery took place there and the robber held a gun up to TA's temple. So confusing to me...dream or real life?

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/03/1...avis-alexander

I don't know WHERE peeps are getting that this was a dream? This really happened to TA!

I should have stated this in my OP that when I read the text my hinky meter went off a bit. The gunman wanted Travis' wallet but he did not have one so he gave the perp his cell phone. After the perp left, TA called his own cell and tried to negotiate with the thief to get his phone back and the guy stayed on the phone for five minutes with Travis.

TA was at a restaurant with no wallet? Which restaurant? What about the other patrons? I have questions. NG might have asked Mr. Tolman more questions and they might have ended up on the cutting room floor.

I'm confused on these photos. Were these photos exhibited today?

These are graphic, and I don't known when these were first shown, because I did not see them with the often posted autopsy photos.

But, I did see these photos on a WS thread days ago and wondered why they had not been included with the photos already shown all over.

So...I'm wondering where these did come from? Were they only put out officially today while Dr. Horn was testifying, but were unofficially posted on the Internet previously (since they have been around)?

They have been out on the interwebs for awhile...since opening statements actually...
This case had very little MSM coverage in January...

I'm watching Dr. Horn's testimony again from today. Looks like Jodi had a hard time making herself cry - it took a good 5 minutes.

I think JA got the 2 intruders story from Det. Flores.
He said it to her during one of her phone calls to him before her arrest.

I thought so too but he didn't. Go back and find day 2, part one of det. Flores' testimony on the timeline thread. She was the first one to suggest it to HIM during a phone interview. It changed my mind about why she shot him.

he's going to discredit the testing DD did and will affirm that Alyce was right because both of them have that super special ability to know when someone is an abuser even though they never even talk to them. He does this for money-the first case I read he testified the father was an abuser-the court entirely discredited his testimony, called him a hired gun and awarded full custody to the father, along with attorney fees.

He's also an anti DP advocate apparently and has produced affidavits and testimony for DP convicts that says they have some mentel illness and so they shouldn't be executed and he has been criticized by the court for having no independent verification of the facts of the case as he only spoke to the defendats attorney.

He is also an actual psychologist, just like Samuels. I have no idea how the judge is allowing this new guy. They had every chance for 5 years or so to pick their expert-they did and he testified. Now they want a redo at the last minute. I really don't get how or why this was permitted. Samuels could easily be recalled to counter DD-he and the new guy have the exact same credentials.

Anyway, here's some of what I found about him and posted last night:

Dr. Geffner’s two affidavits to the court were executed on February 13and February 27, 2007. Prior to executing the affidavits, he had spoken to Mother on the phone as well as to the parties’ adult daughter Shawn Sanders, but he did not speak to Father or to any of the other witnesses in this case. He also examined the materials that Mother or her attorney had sent him. His affidavit stated that “ased upon the records, interview, and tapes, it appears that Mr. O’Rourke exemplifies an abuser who has emotionally and physically abused his former wife and his children.” He also stated that “[h]e continues to manipulate and emotionally to abuse her in this battle to get custody and control of her.”

The court ended up not appreciating the good Dr's opinion:

Turning to the testimony of Dr. Geffner, the court declared that he had adopted Mother’s “scorched earth” tactics by not only attacking the conclusions of Dr. Bernet and Dr. Walker, but also their ethics. The court stated that Dr. Geffner’s testimony was “. . completely without merit and that he truly fits the definition of a ‘hired gun.’ In light of Mother’s “relentless attempts to convey her bad opinion of their father to these children,” the court concluded that the only possible way for the children to have a relationship with both parents would be for them to be with Father. The court accordingly designated Father as the primary residential parent of the three minor children, with the authority to make all major decisions for their welfare.

He also testified in a case where he criticized the other two experts and even had his client file ethics complaints against them. But Geffner was the one who ended up in disgrace with the court.

In his affidavits, as well as during nearly a full day of trial testimony, Dr. Geffner challenged the use of the MMPI and other psychological tests by Drs. Bernet and Walker. He stated that questions of domestic abuse and family violence implicated a specialized area of psychological practice which required a totally different testing regimen. He testified that he himself was an expert in the area of family violence and abuse, as shown by numerous publications he had authored and by his participation in professional societies that focus on those areas. These included the Natural Resource Center on Family Violence and Sexual Assault, an organization he had founded and in which served as president.

Dr. Geffner testified that none of the other psychiatrists or psychologists involved in this case possessed credentials similar to his, and he declared that the lack of such credentials rendered any opinions they might have as to the relative fitness of Father and Mother for parenting responsibilities suspect at best. He also stated that when a mental health professional conducts an evaluation outside that professional’s expertise, it raises serious ethical issues. He accordingly recommended that Mother file ethics complaints with Vanderbilt and the State Licensing Boards against the other mental health professionals involved in the case.

His participation in DP cases was also noted, not in a positive way.

Father’s attorney questioned Dr. Geffner about his participation as an expert witness in a number of cases in different jurisdictions. These included Clark v. Collins, 956 F.2d 68 (5th Circuit 1992), a criminal case from Texas in which the court found that Dr. Geffner’s affidavit lacked credibility, in part because it was based on hearsay information supplied by the defendant’s attorney, with no independent verification of the information.

http://www.tba2.org/tba_files/TCA/20...kec_111210.pdf

Wednesday seems like a year from now...:banghead:

Anyone care to speculate about what the new DT witness will offer? Assuming he is a hired gun to dispute Dr. D's dx of BPD, what is the DT tying to do here?

TIA for any/all opinions.

[/B]Ya got somethin' goin' on right there. Juan is JUAN smart cookie. He thinks ahead so much. I am so amazed when he gets up without "any" notes and just starts asking questions and giving details that just blow me away. He is incredible. You are right - all of that other stuff (going to sentencing) will come out later. Juan is awesome. He will make sure she goes down. I am praying.... and praying ... and :please:
I'm praying too. I have never been more emotionally invested in a crime as I am this one. (except Scott Peterson)

I've put a padlock on my brain until the verdict is reached. But after that I will have some stories....we'll have to have another Saturday night story hour. lol

Obviously you have not had enough margaritas! LOL:floorlaugh:

I am hoping for a verdict on Tuesday.....what about you

She is pro defense on every show other than Nancy G- then she agrees with everything Nancy says... I stopped watching her flip flop during the Casey
Anthony trial. It was embarrassing.

I saw that segment of her giving that scenario also. I have lost a lot of respect for Jean C's professional opinions as she seems to change her support from show to show. JOB SECURITY???

Beth tries to be honest and fair. Even when you can tell the outcome of an event is not in sync with her personal feelings/wishes, she still gives an honest account.

Can someone answer this question for me?

When Jodi is "crying" <eye roll>..why does she immediately start wiping her nose, instead of the corner of her eyes if tears were rolling down her face?

I figured she was ripping nose hairs out of her nose to work up tears

:giggle:Too Funny

WHY oh WHY do I watch HLN????:banghead::banghead: Jenkasaurus said that the brain being so decomposed was good for the defense!!! HOW ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH?? I'm DONE:facepalm::banghead:

2w7qwwg.jpg

I'm watching Dr. Horn's testimony again from today. Looks like Jodi had a hard time making herself cry - it took a good 5 minutes.

Did anyone notice the smiles that Wilmcott and Jodi had right before the judge announce the juror is being excused. Especilly Wilmcott was smiling a lot right before that.

This is why I suspect the DT had something to do with his removal. I hope the judge had a very valid reason to remove him. The jurors are dwindling down and it is getting dangerous. I would hate to find out it was just a lame objection from DT and the judge caved into it. I sure hope it was a legitimate issue.

Just want to say...clarify of sorts...My sweet eye-candy, Dr. Horn specifically said that the gun shot wound was "RAPIDLY incapacitating" NOT Immediately incapacitating. JM had him explain the difference between the two. I post this for those that repeat he said the latter and that was NOT his testimony. Just sayin' =D

The FACT she slit his throat while his heart was still beating trumps Whatever came first! I Hate Her!:stormingmad::stormingmad::stormingmad:

Good evening everyone!
:seeya:

From JVM's show....another juror gone???

:banghead:

NG starting now...the State rests!

Yes, juror number 8, the one many refer to as "the note taker"

No explanation was given :( down to 9 men 6 women

The trajectory of the bullet is from an unusual position, I originally thought Travis must have been lying on the ground after the neck wound when she shot him, but the angle is wrong, unless she stood above him and the bullet's trajectory changed as it hit bone, can that happen with a .25 to that degree, as in a near straight in shot from above, then ricochets to the right as it hits the skull, then again as it goes through the skull into the cheek?

I don't drink. Well not for about five years or so. Not for any reason other than even one strong drink and I have a wicked headache the next day and feel like carp. But I will toast Travis Alexander and his family with a margarita when the guilty verdict is read. I will have my second margarita when I hear DP as the punishment. I'll just preload with ibuprofen and drink plenty of water beforehand. I can't believe this journey is almost at an end. I pray for peace and healing for the Alexander family. I cannot comprehend their pain. Just cannot.

Purely speculation. So many rumors, one being he was a CEO and was under the impression that this would be over in April, and just needed to get back to work.

Hopefully. Just surprised since I hadn't heard or read anything regarding the DT wanting another juror dismissed.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member