Trial day 53: REBUTTAL; #162

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The next-to-last photo was snapped when her foot hit the camera, which was then near the middle of the hallway, close to the bedroom, positioned on the second tile and angled slightly. JA's foot was perpendicular to the wall. The camera remained in almost the same position until the next photo. At some point either her foot or Travis' body moved it and it ended up rotated about 90 degrees, now facing the wall.

The thing I find most notable about that photo is that there is a lot of blood on the tiles closer to the bathroom, and heavy blood right where she is standing, except underneath her foot--but almost NO blood behind her, except when you reach the carpeting. It almost looks as if she drags Travis around so the blood goes instead on the wall at that very point. [A poster I respect theorizes Travis tried to stand up but fell at that point.] The blood swipe on the wall continues until he finally ends up lying down with his head on the carpet. And then we see the biggest blood pool of all.

I think she may have slit his throat right there, or began to.

And as much as pains me to say it, I don't think he died in 62 seconds. I think he's still alive in the dragging photo. And the attack began prior to the ceiling photo, so that's a few more seconds in addition to the 62 seconds.

It's pure evil.

The one thing I can't wrap my head around, is why did she still have the camera when they were in the hallway? Why? There's a picture of her dropping the camera in the bathroom when the whole thing started. How did the camera end up in the hallway?????

WOW. Thanks for finding this. I think you are the first to bring this news over here.

If this is true, I wonder what the legal basis of removing him would be. He still is not convicted of it , but maybe because of a possible conviction it would be reason enough to have juror removed.

It says something in there about the driver of the car, when being pulled over for a DUI, telling the cop he was a juror in this case. So maybe that was enough to get him thrown off, since he 'discussed' the case, while intoxicated, with LE. [ Pure speculation on my part.]

ETA: A local Valley police department confirms to ABC15 that a man arrested over the weekend on a DUI charge was also claiming to be a juror in the Jodi Arias trial .

NG was actually good tonight, because of an interesting interview with Linda Ballard, the woman he bought the engagement ring for.

Most notable was she said the last time she saw him was October 2006 and he told her about he was dating Jodi, and one thing he said was that she was a pathological liar, she lied about an ex boyfriend.

That's very early in their relationship and he's already got her pegged. Yet, he kept dating her. Tragic, that he didn't listen to his own misgivings.

"Crime of Passion" usually occurs if there is something at stake such as a possession (house), children, money, jealousy over cheating partner.

Jodi wrote over and over again on how much she is happy for Travis and Mimi etc... and all "Law of Attraction" BS. She was even on the move to the next one- Ryan B.

"Crime of Passion" should not be even entered in as a verdict in this case, because she claimed self-defense.

You cannot lie 3 times about what happened, then 4 months into your trial change your mind. Or at least I hope not.

I keep having the phrase 'crime of passion' go through my head that some folks 'out there' think. I don't see it as a 'crime of passion in any manner what so ever - what I do see it as is nothing short of a pure and evil "hate crime" - a cold blooded execution.

I bet 50/50 on either a smirk, or fake tears with her hair covering her face and grabbing kleenex.

Mug-shot smirk?? She still has many secrets. That's my guess. :ufo:

What do you think?

I'm sure when they showed the paperwork for the returned car there was a part where the returner could make a comment about any problems and it said customer had said she had smelt smoke while driving it and when she was asked about this during her testimony said she didn't' say there was anything wrong with it but nothing more was really said about that. This was quite a while back in the trial so maybe I got it wrong.

I don't even remember it being brought up. I never would have noticed that it said, "smoke smell" if somebody didn't post that here. I just don't think it was that important, or like somebody else said, it wasn't anything that could be proven if it was important. Maybe they couldn't differentiate what kind of smoke smell it was.

Maybe JA was smoking pot on her way back or maybe the smoke smell was from her car being parked next to where she was burning evidence. Who knows.

I skimmed through because it's not the best quality. Sorry, that was all I could sleuth.

Coincidence? Not in a million years.

ElleElle thanks so much . In reading the 2nd page of this police report ..it states that when looking at the side door it appeared to have been pryed open with a bar latch(?)from the inside. Am I reading that correctly? Tia also raining outside and no footprint in mud or ground.

It also states that the 25 had a magazine in it with 7 hollow point bullets. There was a scuff mark close to where the door knob should have been.

The gun was a gift from his cousin and he (grandfather) did know serial number.

Was the camera on a strap? Did it have a strap... if so, it is possible that it swung like crazy during the 'struggle' and hit her body at times, swinging back again and snapping photos. If no strap found, it is possible he ripped it from her or it was cut during the struggle and she took the strap with her during 'cleanup'.

It was a new camera and the strap, I believe, was still unused and found in the camera case undisturbed.

So I will jump onto the 'I have a theory boat' too. After all, speculation is what we humans do.

I am on the fence...

One way I think it could of happened was this....

She was supposed to be gone. Travis goes for a shower. JA sneaks back into the house and begins taking photos. As a photographer, I know, if you shoot on Auto,you can hold the flash down with your finger and will not flash. (or you can have the camera on manual, no flash and accidently hit the flash button and it will pop the flash up and flash) Also, you can have it on silent shutter and it will not make a clicking noise. That and the shower running, if she was shooting this way, camera glass against shower glass, she could photograph without being noticed. His eyes are closed in all photos until 5:27:18, when in that photo he turns to the shower door and looks directly into the camera (person holding the camera). His eyebrows are arched like "wtf"....

I think she pulls out the gun and begins rambling off things to him, giving him orders, telling him to sit. I believe this because, human nature tells you automatically if someone is holding a knife, although you may be stand-offish and scared, backing down, your mind tells you that you can overpower them to protect yourself...why follow directions of someone simply holding a knife and camera?

She had the gun pointed at him. She tells him to sit, knowing it is a vulnerable position. Snaps a few more, in a frantic state of getting ready to 'kill' him, the flash goes off. The next photos, the flash could have possibly hit her leg, thus not allowing it to extend up and no flash.

I do believe that she shot him first. Why risk being fought off if you come at someone with a knife. I believe he did try to get away or either she dragged him, and then proceeded to stab him. The lack of blood in the cavity? Could it be due to drainage and decomposition? I am no doctor or medical examiner, but is it possible?

Maybe the ceiling shot is when he was trying to defend himself...get away.

*also, shooting on Auto, causes color changes in photos if you are holding down the flash. It depends on where you are standing and can account for some photos having a yellow tint. The circles in some of the photos are what we photogs call 'bokeh'...it is what happens when what is not in focus is in a photo. It creates large circles or blurred shapes depending on distance. The bokeh/circles in photo 5:25 tells me the camera was pressed against the glass of the shower or up really close.

Some good theories in there. I agree with some of it for sure like the part when she was probably told to leave. I too think she snuck back in after he thought she was gone.

I also think its very possible he did not know about the first set of photographs and maybe they were through the glass. The auto-focus sometimes gets messed up on glass as the camera tries to focus on glass and not what is behind it.

The flash parts are also good points as I know what you mean about the pop-up flash units may have gotten stuck on her leg or something in some of the shots.

I was in the camp that she shot first and gun jammed and still wonder about that. The shell casing shining on top of the blood pool is troublesome becuse it hints that the shot was last and thrown in the blood. But if it went down that large tile crack at the bottom of the photo and pooled around the shell, that would be the only way I could see the shot coming first. Which I think is still a possibility.

But no matter what happened, I do feel he left the shower with either a shot injury or stab injury and went right to the mirror sink and she stabbed him in back of the head there to get the head wounds. Then he falls to ground and gets stabbed in back as he is crawling away. Then finally the neck slash where the large blood stain was found.

Then she drags him back to the shower and there is a picture of that dragging.

Anyway, thanks for the good input you had.

I'm reading juror #8 was possibly arrested for DUI? I'm usually the last to know these things so my apologies if this is a repeat post.

PHOENIX - A local Valley police department confirms to ABC15 that a man arrested over the weekend on a DUI charge was also claiming to be a juror in the Jodi Arias trial .

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...n-jury-5-days-later-hes-excused#ixzz2RXrKWuoR
http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...-officer-hes-on-jury-5-days-later-hes-excused

If it is Juror #8 I think Jodi drove him to drink.:needdrink:

I hope all her ex's are watching this trial and see who jodi really is.

I've got to believe that they already know very well who she is... especially with the way it seems she continues to haunt/stalk all her ex's.....

About the DP, I am for it and feel it would deter others if it were utilized. It is ridiculous what all is involved with process, all of the appeals! I could not believe what I was reading when I got my book explaining it. The person that murdered my dad (Dad was shot and killed in the line of duty) has far more rights than my family has! What scares me is what if thru some snafu he is released, it has happened before. He threatened to kill me and both of my girls right there in the courtroom. If he were to get out, YES, he will follow thru with his threat. DP, if they would use it, gives me peace of mind. My mom always had that fear, I know she will not rest peacefully until he is put to death. He cannot be reformed.

Forensics have improved and the chance of an innocent person being sent to DP are far less. We are now so far beyond just finger prints. How many guilty people have been released? How many of them went on to murder, rape, etc... Again? That is what really scares me.

Jodi killed Travis no doubt about that. She butchered him and then left him to rot nude in his own shower. Did he deserve such over kill? Did he deserve to be killed? No, he did not. I hope she does get the DP... I know that is what his family wants, their feelings need to be accounted for.

Sorry, I rambled I am just so frustrated when it comes to CA and the DP. Yes, it needs to be utilized, take it away and People like me lose their rights. I want my mom to be able to rest in peace.

We are all entitled to our own opinions, I do respect that.

I didn't mean to offend you by saying that I have historically been vehemently against the DP. I also don't think that people that exhibit violent behaviors should ever ever get out of jail. I was just trying to explain why I am "typically" against the death penalty and that is because I am unfortunately aware of dozens of cases of innocent people being executed. I think our sentencing structure is screwed up too. Like you are sentenced to life and if you are good in jail you get to leave in 10 years. NO. Life means life. I just generally lean away from the DP because I think it has been used mistakenly way too many times for any of us to say it's OK.

That was lame if the juror was doing a "do you know who I am?" act. First Reese, now juror #8. Where have all my heroes gone? :(

About the DP, I am for it and feel it would deter others if it were utilized. It is ridiculous what all is involved with process, all of the appeals! I could not believe what I was reading when I got my book explaining it. The person that murdered my dad (Dad was shot and killed in the line of duty) has far more rights than my family has! What scares me is what if thru some snafu he is released, it has happened before. He threatened to kill me and both of my girls right there in the courtroom. If he were to get out, YES, he will follow thru with his threat. DP, if they would use it, gives me peace of mind. My mom always had that fear, I know she will not rest peacefully until he is put to death. He cannot be reformed.

Forensics have improved and the chance of an innocent person being sent to DP are far less. We are now so far beyond just finger prints. How many guilty people have been released? How many of them went on to murder, rape, etc... Again? That is what really scares me.

Jodi killed Travis no doubt about that. She butchered him and then left him to rot nude in his own shower. Did he deserve such over kill? Did he deserve to be killed? No, he did not. I hope she does get the DP... I know that is what his family wants, their feelings need to be accounted for.

Sorry, I rambled I am just so frustrated when it comes to CA and the DP. Yes, it needs to be utilized, take it away and People like me lose their rights. I want my mom to be able to rest in peace.

We are all entitled to our own opinions, I do respect that.

Beautiful post, and I am sorry about your father. :rose:

:welcome: to WS. :fireworks:

Perfect post from a photographer.

I always believed he had no clue she was there until the frontal face shot with the flash on.

Except... BBM~ I 100% buy Dr. Horn's report because it makes sense to me.

Maybe she is telling her snippets of truth when she says Travis "lunged at her like a football player". Even though she had him at gunpoint and giving orders, he lunged at her and knocked the gun and camera out of her ambidextrous hands. Then the frenzy began...

So I will jump onto the 'I have a theory boat' too. After all, speculation is what we humans do.

I am on the fence...

One way I think it could of happened was this....

She was supposed to be gone. Travis goes for a shower. JA sneaks back into the house and begins taking photos. As a photographer, I know, if you shoot on Auto,you can hold the flash down with your finger and will not flash. (or you can have the camera on manual, no flash and accidently hit the flash button and it will pop the flash up and flash) Also, you can have it on silent shutter and it will not make a clicking noise. That and the shower running, if she was shooting this way, camera glass against shower glass, she could photograph without being noticed. His eyes are closed in all photos until 5:27:18, when in that photo he turns to the shower door and looks directly into the camera (person holding the camera). His eyebrows are arched like "wtf"....

I think she pulls out the gun and begins rambling off things to him, giving him orders, telling him to sit. I believe this because, human nature tells you automatically if someone is holding a knife, although you may be stand-offish and scared, backing down, your mind tells you that you can overpower them to protect yourself...why follow directions of someone simply holding a knife and camera?

She had the gun pointed at him. She tells him to sit, knowing it is a vulnerable position. Snaps a few more, in a frantic state of getting ready to 'kill' him, the flash goes off. The next photos, the flash could have possibly hit her leg, thus not allowing it to extend up and no flash.

I do believe that she shot him first. Why risk being fought off if you come at someone with a knife. I believe he did try to get away or either she dragged him, and then proceeded to stab him. The lack of blood in the cavity? Could it be due to drainage and decomposition? I am no doctor or medical examiner, but is it possible?

Maybe the ceiling shot is when he was trying to defend himself...get away.

*also, shooting on Auto, causes color changes in photos if you are holding down the flash. It depends on where you are standing and can account for some photos having a yellow tint. The circles in some of the photos are what we photogs call 'bokeh'...it is what happens when what is not in focus is in a photo. It creates large circles or blurred shapes depending on distance. The bokeh/circles in photo 5:25 tells me the camera was pressed against the glass of the shower or up really close.

The one thing I can't wrap my head around, is why did she still have the camera when they were in the hallway? Why? There's a picture of her dropping the camera in the bathroom when the whole thing started. How did the camera end up in the hallway?????

I'm thinking the camera got kicked around and down the hallway during the struggle. The defensive wounds on TA clearly show he was alive and trying to fight for his life, even making his way down the hallway in an attempt to escape. My goodness - how horribly frightened he must have been. And to see her smile smugly - the DP is too good for that kind of evil.

The bullet went in on his right forehead and it went to his left cheek. That's a through the brain shot in the head ... not grazing the forehead.

I have completely misunderstood this point until today. I had thought that Travis could have done something to deflect the shot, but this was done after he was dead ... or at the very least, completely incapacitated.

He bled to death ... dizziness, loss of consciousness, then death ... caused by the stab wound to the chest, the slit throat, and the shot to the head. All three were fatal.

Anywhere during the trial did they mention hollow point bullets? Jodi's grand father said that is what was in his gun that was stolen. Does it make a difference? Yes. Hollow points do not go straight in. They "swirl". I cannot think of a better way to say it. The Me knowing it was a hollow point knows that it would have gone thru the front part of the brain. Commom sense. The brain is one of first thing to decompose, it being like pudding would be right but evidence of bleeding to no bleeding should have still been evident. Lack of tells you he was already dead. No heartbeat to pump the blood plus he had already lost massive amounts of blood.

No strap. And even the Flores report indicates the camera box and strap were on bedroom floor.

article-arias2-0115.jpg

Was the camera on a strap? Did it have a strap... if so, it is possible that it swung like crazy during the 'struggle' and hit her body at times, swinging back again and snapping photos. If no strap found, it is possible he ripped it from her or it was cut during the struggle and she took the strap with her during 'cleanup'.

I really think she was planning on keeping souvenier shots of the murder itself. I think she thought better of it later and deleted them. I think the camera in the washer was a mistake as she gathered up clothes to wash the camera was accidentally thrown in washer and she could not find it.

It got jostled around during Travis' struggle to get away from her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro