Trial Delayed until at least January

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason sat in jail for more than a year prior to the first trial and this isn't a DP case.

JMO

And I personally felt extremely for his situation. :floorlaugh:

Look at it this way, he had way better accommodations than Michelle has.

:furious:

JTFax, am I recalling correctly that you personally knew J & M Y? If so, I can't imagine how having to go through the trial a second time is tearing you apart and I'm so sorry.
I feel really bad for her mom and sister too, especially since we all thought the first trial was solid.

Oh no, I did not know either one.
I became drawn to the case since my next door neighbor was a good friend of MY's. In fact, MM stayed at her house during the funeral (creepy)

Oh no, I did not know either one.
I became drawn to the case since my next door neighbor was a good friend of MY's. In fact, MM stayed at her house during the funeral (creepy)

Thanks for the clarification. Seven degrees of separation, huh.
Still very sad. These cases hurt me and I, thankfully, don't know any of the parties. Yet they still hurt, even the ones across the country. I can't imagine going through this as a parent of a murder victim.

He never asked for a bail hearing.
You knew that, right?

Yes. I also know Judge Stephens refused to grant bail to Brad Cooper
and the misinformation you are spinning isn't going to influence the outcome of the next trial.

JMO

and the misinformation you are spinning isn't going to influence the outcome of the next trial.

JMO

There you go again.
I'm sorry, but you are again incorrect.

Kurtz asked for a bail hearing for BC.
It was granted, but Brad had no way of posting bond.

Problems I see with the Camera:

1. Jason arrived at 10:54
2. Camera in stairwell (10' above floor) unplugged at 11:20 PM
3. Check-in would take 5-10 minutes so Jason presumably checked into his room, took the elevator to 4th floor, doubled back to unplug the stairwell camera but is not seen on any of the 10 - 12 hotel cameras cameras as he does this.
4. Jason is seen heading towards the unplugged camera area shortly before midnight ... why wasn't he seen the first time?
5. Why was he unplugging a camera at 11:20 when he wasn't concerned with being seen heading towards the exit at midnight, but he would have been concerned about being seen 7 hours later?
6. If he could simply tilt the camera at 6:30 AM, why did he unplug it at 11:20 PM? Why would he expect that no one would plug it back in during that night shift?
7. How did he get in through the side door (or any door for that matter) to tilt the camera when that door was locked? Why didn't any of the 10-12 hotel camera capture him re-entering the hotel in the morning?

Shelly did not....she left from the front door
MF said it was closed when she arrived.
She knew it was broken, so she raised it up.
A random killer would never realize it was unlocked.

I doubt seriously MY would go to bed with the garage door open, or even cracked. Power or not, people check their garage doors are closed before they retire for the night.

I, as well as my neighbors, have left their garage doors open all night long by accident on more than one occassion. It happens.

I'm not twisting anything, just correcting you when you state something as fact and it's not.

We will see how she holds up in the next trial.
I have the feeling the state has dug up a few things about her credibility....we'll see.

The jury will decide if she's credible just as they did the last time around.

It isn't true that the witness testified she didn't see a mini-van and I doubt she'll testify it was not a mini-van the next time around. Sorry, but the facts are easily available.

JMO

How do they explain?
There is a 10 second delay on each camera.
He could have easily dodged it in the west stairwell.

He would have had to dodge 10-12 cameras in the hotel to unplug it at 11:20 and again in the morning. That's a little too much to believe.

I also know Judge Stephens refused to grant bail to Brad Cooper

Wrong again.

Brad Cooper's bail amount was set at $2M.

This really is like some weird online version of trial whack-a-mole.
Get rid of one false fact and another is spewed forth.

So what? They were there to get the deck boards, primarily.
The defense didn't have the first problem with measuring tiles so the obvious toddler prints had perspective.

That's not true. I linked the search warrant where the bathroom measurements are specifically mentioned and the objective of the warrant is for the purpose of gathering those measurements.

Problems I see with the Camera:

1. Jason arrived at 10:54
2. Camera in stairwell (10' above floor) unplugged at 11:20 PM
3. Check-in would take 5-10 minutes so Jason presumably checked into his room, took the elevator to 4th floor, doubled back to unplug the stairwell camera but is not seen on any of the 10 - 12 hotel cameras cameras as he does this.
4. Jason is seen heading towards the unplugged camera area shortly before midnight ... why wasn't he seen the first time?
5. Why was he unplugging a camera at 11:20 when he wasn't concerned with being seen heading towards the exit at midnight, but he would have been concerned about being seen 7 hours later?
6. If he could simply tilt the camera at 6:30 AM, why did he unplug it at 11:20 PM? Why would he expect that no one would plug it back in during that night shift?
7. How did he get in through the side door (or any door for that matter) to tilt the camera when that door was locked? Why didn't any of the 10-12 hotel camera capture him re-entering the hotel in the morning?

We have posted details of the cameras...guess you missed it.

The door was not locked after 6AM...he returned at 6:35AM

You agree someone tampered with the cameras, right?
Would you expect to see the 'real prankster' on camera around 11:20PM?
No such luck.

Well, as we know, all cameras are on a 10 second delay.
Lucky for Jay

Tell you what, instead of reading news accounts of the trial form a reporter, you may want to watch the actual testimony.

The postal clerk did not say "mini-van" with 2 people. She specifically called it a 'soccer mom' car.

I don't think that there is a problem with the two links that I provided that contain the same information.

That's fine.
It is so unimportant to the case, I never bothered to go back and check what the SW said.

BBM Absolutely! Good questions! Why didn't they show the jury the video to support Spivey's claim that the video went black at 11:20 PM and came back on at 6:35 AM? My guess is that it is exculpatory and the defense never got to see all of it. Spivey joined the case in April, 2007 and the video was still around if he saw it. Why didn't the jury get to see the proof about the security camera? The prosecution wants them to believe it was unplugged. Prove it!!

This was 40 minutes prior to Jason being seen at the front desk and is a total contradiction to their own theory that he is the one who unplugged the camera and placed the rock in the door as he left the hotel. The rock was removed between 3:30 and 4 AM, according to Hicks. Entry to the hotel after that had to be thru the hallway entrance doors that were locked 24/7 or the front entrance and all had working security video cameras.

JMO

Exactly ... the unplugged camera at 11:20 PM does not fit with anything that the prosecution presents. They have him in the stairwell area at midnight, not 11:20. Next, they have him in the stairwell at 6:30 AM but imply that he entered through a locked door without using his keycard ... if someone let him in, where is that testimony? They suggest that he unplugged the camera at 11:20 PM because he didn't want to be seen 7 hours later ... he's not that stupid - surely he knew that someone would notice the problem in those 7 hours ... if he wanted to mess with the camera he would have done it once at 6:30 AM, not twice.

JMO

Brad Cooper, not being a U.S. citizen, was considered a flight risk.

Exactly ... the unplugged camera at 11:20 PM does not fit with anything that the prosecution presents. They have him in the stairwell area at midnight, not 11:20. Next, they have him in the stairwell at 6:30 AM but imply that he entered through a locked door without using his keycard ... if someone let him in, where is that testimony? They suggest that he unplugged the camera at 11:20 PM because he didn't want to be seen 7 hours later ... he's not that stupid - surely he knew that someone would notice the problem in those 7 hours ... if he wanted to mess with the camera he would have done it once at 6:30 AM, not twice.

otto, you are about as bad as belle posting incorrect facts.

187150-hotel_4-34-640x428.jpg

Jay told us he left the hotel room to get his computer charger.
He is the one that put himself in that stairwell at 11:20PM.

I, as well as my neighbors, have left their garage doors open all night long by accident on more than one occassion. It happens.

That could be true, but as a female, I will say that before my husband retired, when he had out of town business trips, I was always far more careful to be certain everything was properly locked up at night. Especially when I was a young mother, feeling extremely responsible for the safety of my young children.

And yet he hasn't paid a penny of the money he owes in the wrongful death decision. Shades of O.J. :waitasec:

He tried to work, but there was some interference ... then he tried to get another degree ... and there was some interference. Of course he can't pay anything if he can't secure employment without interference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fales922