Trial Delayed until at least January

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>

I don't know what everyone else does, but there was no evidence presented that MY kept any doors unlocked or kept the garage door open.

To assume she must have because someone else does and they are sometimes scatterbrained, does not match the details that are in evidence in this case.

When MF got to the house the garage door was not open. Unlocked, yes. That's all we know and to assume anything else is pointless. I don't see the point in arguing this.

This is OT but might be of interest to the N.C. posters here. I went to WRAL to check up on any news on this case and read that Adam Baker, Zahra Bakers father, was quietly deported back to Australia two weeks ago. How heartbreaking that poor little girl got basically no justice. No one held accountable for her death. :-(

Channel 11 news reported that all but one juror have been seated on the JLY trial. Two alternates chosen, one more needed.

MyBelle, were you here on WS during JY's first trial? I did watch back and forth between this one and the Anthony trial in FL. You have a good grasp of most of the trial proceedings and details--much better than I--but I don't remember your being here last summer. I'm so sorry if you were and I don't remember you. I am amazed at all the recall that you, JustTheFax, Otto, and the others have over stuff that I haven't give any thought to in months. I know I'm probably older than the rest of you but I sure hope it's not a sign of my mental demise.

Your wits seem just fine to me, NCEast!! :cooler: Certainly as sharp as those you mentioned above. You are just fine the way you are! :hug: Be proud of your bad :great:self!
icon10.gif

A witness in the Cooper trial, a professional non-LE guy, got on here the same night he testified in court. We were all aghast, yet amused. I found out then that nothing surprises me any more. Or shouldn't.
Things in the legal world are not the same as they were several years ago--some good and some not so good. I was in LE during my work career although it was shortened by a head-on auto accident one morning as I went to work.
During the MP trial in Durham, I was very, very impressed with DD's (of the crime lab fame) testimony about the blood spatter. Hated so darn badly to find out it was he who was being blamed for the crapped up results by the lab in so many cases. He continues to say he is going to get his old job back but I don't know why he wants it back--innocent or guilty.
Law is fascinating, crime is fascinating, criminals are fascinating. In my next life I'm either going to be an attorney or a criminal.....can't decide which :)

bbm
Two things to remember, no matter which you choose:

1. There is no such thing as a perfect crime.
[hmmmm, maybe I better be the attorney...]

2. There is no such thing as a perfect case.
[hmmmm, maybe I better be the criminal....]

:noooo: .... :waiting: .... :yesss:

JLY's behavior of not picking up the phone when LF starts calling at 1:53pm mirrors the same behavior Brad Cooper exhibited when he was "out looking for his wife" but then didn't answer any texts or phone calls from the police during that 25 min or so. Yet he had checked his VM and knew the police were calling him.

Patterns of behavior are telling and seem to follow certain predictable courses.

Good catch, Mad74 -- If you watch and read the testimony for enuff of these things, you do notice patterns...

Imagine being a criminal investigator, or a veteran cop or a DA or a defense attorney -- If we see 'em, imagine what they see. Experience pays off....

I agree except that he returned to the hotel around 6:30 am. The camera was tilted up at 6:35 am. He would have been able to enter the glass exit door because it would have been unlocked at 6:00 am.

There has been speculation as to why he unplugged the camera at 11:20 but didn't leave until midnight. There has also been speculation as to why he went to the front desk before leaving at midnight.

I think, and this is just my opinion, that he unplugged the camera at 11:20 and waited to see if it would be noticed by the night clerk. I think that's why he stopped by the front desk at midnight and asked for a newspaper; he wanted to check things out and make sure the unplugged camera had not been noticed. Once he decided that his plan was working out, he left the HI and headed to Raleigh.

I don't think he cared that he was caught on camera, and I don't think he cared that the clothes he was wearing at midnight could be identified. His original plan was to strangle Michelle. If that had worked out, there wouldn't have been a need for him to change into different clothes after the murder. The bloody mess was not something he planned on. I believe he planned for the clothes he was seen wearing at the front desk at midnight to be in his suitcase the next day.

Of course, his plan fell apart when the strangulation didn't work, and he had to change clothes. This is why the DT brought up the jeans and shoes during trial but steered clear of the shirt. This is where BH made her biggest mistake.

If she had asked JY during cross examination why that shirt was not in his luggage or his vehicle when LE impounded it for evidence, JY would not have been able to come up with a reasonable answer, and he would have been shown as the lying murderer that he is. BH dropped the ball big time on this issue.

:applause: Wow, Tarheel -- I'm lovin' all of that -- your thinking about his trip to the front desk was excellent!! :websleuther:

Take a bow! :takeabow:

:liar: ------> :behindbar

Your wits seem just fine to me, NCEast!! :cooler: Certainly as sharp as those you mentioned above. You are just fine the way you are! :hug: Be proud of your bad :great:self!
icon10.gif

Aren't you a sweetie pie! Thank you. I have had so many migraines in the last 25 years that I sometimes feel that with each one I lost a million brain cells. Yall just keep me on my toes and don't hesitate to call me down if I mis-remember something or just plain old screw up :)

This is OT but might be of interest to the N.C. posters here. I went to WRAL to check up on any news on this case and read that Adam Baker, Zahra Bakers father, was quietly deported back to Australia two weeks ago. How heartbreaking that poor little girl got basically no justice. No one held accountable for her death. :-(

A bit more OT, please forgive: Thanks, glee --

Good riddance to bad rubbish is all I can say.

Bless her sweet big heart. She's running on her own two strong legs now!

:applause: Wow, Tarheel -- I'm lovin' all of that -- your thinking about his trip to the front desk was excellent!! :websleuther:

Take a bow! :takeabow:

:liar: ------> :behindbar

Thanks, Borndem. I have to give credit to JTF. I've been studying the way he looks at things for a while now, and hopefully I've done a little learning along the way.

JTF has a knack for making the complicated things seem simple, and he always uses sound reasoning for the conclusions he comes to. I have to say I admire his posts and his sleuthing skills quite a bit.

Thanks, Borndem. I have to give credit to JTF. I've been studying the way he looks at things for a while now, and hopefully I've done a little learning along the way.

JTF has a knack for making the complicated things seem simple, and he always uses sound reasoning for the conclusions he comes to. I have to say I admire his posts and his sleuthing skills quite a bit.

I think most all of us readily agree with you. He's the best!

Gracie,
Sorry O/T.
Zahra was reported missing on Oct. 9, 2010, and no one saw her except her dad and stepmom after September 25th. How in the world did he not get charged with something relating to her disappearance and death?

<modsnip>

Appalled by lack of evidence?

Hmmm, that "random rock" just happened to have some of JLY's DNA markers.

I don't believe any DNA expert would consider 3 alleles to be a match to any one individual.

They probably matched half the courtroom including the judge.

I don't believe any DNA expert would consider 3 alleles to be a match to any one individual.

They probably matched half the courtroom including the judge.

That's exactly what I thought ... after following all the discussions about alleles with the case in Italy, I couldn't believe that anyone would insult the intelligence of jurors by actually suggesting that 3 alleles meant something. It seems that the prosecutors in NC think they can pull the wool over jurors eyes with their claims that a rock, identical to all the others, can be matched to their suspect based on 3 alleles. I have to wonder ... if the prosecution is misleading the jury with the alleles, what else are they doing to mislead the jury.

What's funny is that if the 3 allele-match argument was used in the case in Italy, probably everyone posting on this thread would roll their eyes and claim it was absurd.

What do you make of this case?

Gracie,
Sorry O/T.
Zahra was reported missing on Oct. 9, 2010, and no one saw her except her dad and stepmom after September 25th. How in the world did he not get charged with something relating to her disappearance and death?

I know. :maddening: Especially since, in the 911 call, he admitted to having seen her in the last few days anyway. I'm sorry, but I would have had to at least bring charges against him and put it in front of a jury. At the very least, felony child neglect or something. I wonder if they ever put it before a grand jury? That poor sweet little girl was disabled, she couldn't fend for herself. Her father brought her here to America. Without him, she was completely on her own in a foreign land. :furious:

I have a question that might be a stupid one...even though most would say there are no stupid questions.. :)

Is this 2nd trial going to have full coverage like the first one? I might be less productive at work if it does but would hate to miss the sequel.

I have a question that might be a stupid one...even though most would say there are no stupid questions.. :)

Is this 2nd trial going to have full coverage like the first one? I might be less productive at work if it does but would hate to miss the sequel.

Absolutely not stupid at all, I have wondered the same thing. I feel that WRAL.com will cover it especially since they covered the first. There is probably more interest now in the 2nd trial than in the first. I'll be very disappointed if they don't.

This just in from WRAL news:

Breaking News: A juror in the Jason Young murder trial has been dismissed after he was overheard talking about the case at a restaurant. The judge said he plans to charge the juror with contempt of court. This marks the second juror who was dismissed after talking about the case. A third person, who was in the jury pool, was also dismissed for talking about the case online.
Keep up with breaking news at http://www.wral.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member