Trial Delayed until at least January

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point. The night audit guy said that the doors were secured and he made sure of that ... for his own safety as well as hotel guests ... so what's the story with the lock being broken? How could he testify that a door with a broken lock was secured?

So, the night auditor checked the doors after 6AM?
I never heard him say that.

Oh, I do believe he was lucky. And even luckier still to have someone like you pleading his case.

I'm simply trying to interpret the facts without an opinion of guilt. I see problems with the camera, especially in terms of connecting it with Jason. Why would he unplug the camera 7 hours before he did not want to be seen? That makes no sense whatsoever, as he should have reasonably assumed that it would be noticed in those 7 hours. It would have been sufficient to tilt it at 6:30 in the morning, not twice. It could be that someone else unplugged the camera at 11:20 and prosecutors are trying to tie that into their theory, but it doesn't fit well.

We have to assume that Jason had an amazing amount of good luck in not being seen roaming around the hotel at 11:20 and 6:30 by any of the 10-12 hotel cameras. That almost defies logic. It's also anoter bit of sheer luck that the gas station where he stopped had no video surveillance. It seems like Jason had one piece of extreme luck after another in terms of investigators not being able to find enough evidence ... is it sheer luck, or is it simply that the evidence investigators are looking could never exist. That is, he wasn't seen by the 10-12 cameras in the hotel at 11:20 because he was in his room.

How about the hotel receipt and newspaper ... one under the room door and one on the door handle of the room. How did Jason re-enter a fourth floor room without a key in the morning and how did the receipt and newspaper get on or under the door without the clerk noticing that the door was open? More luck?

There are also problems in the testimony regarding the side door. One person claims that it was locked 24/7, another claims the lock was broken. Which was it?

He lost jobs and was asked to leave educational programs before he was arrested.

Seems to have been a campaign of libel lodged against the guy in order to convict him in the court of public opinion. He just might have a solid, federal lawsuit ahead.

JMO

Upon reentering the hotel, JLY pushed up the camera and that camera never would have/could have captured him because it wasn't facing towards outside. He was behind the camera upon entering. The camera was then pushed up towards the ceiling.

No coincidence.

Not really. My neighbor, a lawyer, is a single female and she has left her overhead door open a few times ... she's absent minded sometimes. It happens.

yes, especially with side load garages it is easy to forget the door is open.

There's no evidence the garage door was open. Unlocked, yes. Open, no.

Guess he'll need another big wad of cash to bring a lawsuit. Wonder who will agree to take that case?

Bet he'd find the $$$ to spend on it before he ever would have showed up for the custody hearing...the one he had no money for.

Oh and there's that pesky $15M WD judgement hanging over him too. The one that gave him his "slayer" legal title.

So, the night auditor checked the doors after 6AM?
I never heard him say that.

Neither did I. I heard him say that he made sure that the doors were secured when the camera was plugged in and that the side doors were locked 24/7.

Neither did I. I heard him say that he made sure that the doors were secured when the camera was plugged in and that the side doors were locked 24/7.

Well, I feel quite sure we will get an update on this soon.
Keep in mind, cameras were changed and security policy changed in the 4.5 years this happened. My take is he forgot the doors were unlocked at 6AM 4 1/2 years earlier

I'm simply trying to interpret the facts without an opinion of guilt. I see problems with the camera, especially in terms of connecting it with Jason. Why would he unplug the camera 7 hours before he did not want to be seen? That makes no sense whatsoever, as he should have reasonably assumed that it would be noticed in those 7 hours. It would have been sufficient to tilt it at 6:30 in the morning, not twice. It could be that someone else unplugged the camera at 11:20 and prosecutors are trying to tie that into their theory, but it doesn't fit well.

We have to assume that Jason had an amazing amount of good luck in not being seen roaming around the hotel at 11:20 and 6:30 by any of the 10-12 hotel cameras. That almost defies logic. It's also anoter bit of sheer luck that the gas station where he stopped had no video surveillance. It seems like Jason had one piece of extreme luck after another in terms of investigators not being able to find enough evidence ... is it sheer luck, or is it simply that the evidence investigators are looking could never exist. That is, he wasn't seen by the 10-12 cameras in the hotel at 11:20 because he was in his room.

How about the hotel receipt and newspaper ... one under the room door and one on the door handle of the room. How did Jason re-enter a fourth floor room without a key in the morning and how did the receipt and newspaper get on or under the door without the clerk noticing that the door was open? More luck?

There are also problems in the testimony regarding the side door. One person claims that it was locked 24/7, another claims the lock was broken. Which was it?

Even if the door was broken, the security camera by it was working, according to testimony.

All the prosecution needs to do to gain a conviction is show the jury the video of Jason returning to the hotel in the wee hours yet the jury is shown a couple of poor hallway shots accompanied by Spivey's tedious description of what he appeared to be wearing.

JMO

Yes, that is in his testimony. He also said he was somewhat rattled by the security lapse and double-checked. His testimony won't change next time around.

JMO

Even if the door was broken, the security camera by it was working, according to testimony.

All the prosecution needs to do to gain a conviction is show the jury the video of Jason returning to the hotel in the wee hours yet the jury is shown a couple of poor hallway shots accompanied by Spivey's tedious description of what he appeared to be wearing.

JMO

Sorry, perhaps this pic will help you understand.

1- he enters the glass door, and immediately turns into the stairwell....avoiding the hall camera aimed down the hall.

2- Approaching from behind, he pushes the stairwell camera to the ceiling

187092-hotel_4-33-640x428.jpg

187143-hotel_4-27-640x426.jpg

Guess he'll need another big wad of cash to bring a lawsuit. Wonder who will agree to take that case?

Bet he'd find the $$$ to spend on it before he ever would have showed up for the custody hearing...the one he had no money for.

Oh and there's that pesky $15M WD judgement hanging over him too. The one that gave him his "slayer" legal title.

Doesn't require a big wad of cash to file a lawsuit. Certainly would be no shortage of lawyers to file it, including his lawyer right now who is in private practice.

I'm confident that $15 WD judgment will be set aside by Judge Stephens after the not-guilty verdict is in.

JMO

Seems to have been a campaign of libel lodged against the guy in order to convict him in the court of public opinion. He just might have a solid, federal lawsuit ahead.

JMO

MyBelle, were you here on WS during JY's first trial? I did watch back and forth between this one and the Anthony trial in FL. You have a good grasp of most of the trial proceedings and details--much better than I--but I don't remember your being here last summer. I'm so sorry if you were and I don't remember you. I am amazed at all the recall that you, JustTheFax, Otto, and the others have over stuff that I haven't give any thought to in months. I know I'm probably older than the rest of you but I sure hope it's not a sign of my mental demise.

Doesn't require a big wad of cash to file a lawsuit. Certainly would be no shortage of lawyers to file it, including his lawyer right now who is in private practice.

I'm confident that $15 WD judgment will be set aside by Judge Stephens after the not-guilty verdict is in.

JMO

There is no 'set aside', hon.
JLY failed to respond to the suit.
Besides, it has nothing to do with the criminal murder case.
That case is signed, sealed and in the books.

JTF, those pictures are so helpful. Thank you for obsessively following this case and taking your field trips!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hills89