Trial Discussion Thread #12 - 14.03.24, Day 14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Oscar was moody and didn't behave well, or didn't behave the way Reeva liked, on some occasions. He accused her of flirting - and maybe she was or maybe she wasn't. He criticized things about her that she got sad about.

I don't see the real relevance of these messages though, other than to show that they had arguments and issues with each other.

You really can't see the relevance that they confirm previous witness testimony about his controlling nature?

So Oscar was moody and didn't behave well, or didn't behave the way Reeva liked, on some occasions. He accused her of flirting - and maybe she was or maybe she wasn't. He criticized things about her that she got sad about.

I don't see the real relevance of these messages though, other than to show that they had arguments and issues with each other.

Imo, I believe the point was that RS was scared of OP when he was angry.... and we have it in her own words.

All I can really say is if we're seeing evidence of controlling, jealous temper just 3 months into their relationship - I have NO problem believing he deliberately and willfully murdered her, screams or silence.

The overwhelming majority of abusive or controlling relationships form a pattern, especially in the beginning. The abusive or controlling person seeks to make the relationship as intensely close as possible. They whisk the victim off their feet. Abuse, even psychological, is usually slower to evolve. It begins as covert and insidious, with the abuser attempting to establish control over the victim. Otherwise many victims would leave the relationship early on - and the most dangerous time for a domestic violence victim to become a homicide victim is when he/she IS leaving...

Which, in turn, begs the question...had she had enough?

I think I remember Roux saying OP would deny he asked Darren to cover for him, or that he fired the gun in the restaurant. His msg here seems to contradict that?

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlexCrawfordSky

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 19
Sorry a little late to the table ;)

Saw this headline on CNN.com

"Messages on Oscar Pistorius' cell phone reveal jealousy-fueled anger toward girlfriend he later shot"

The suspense is killing me!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-03-24 at 9.10.34 AM.png
    Screen shot 2014-03-24 at 9.10.34 AM.png
    25 KB · Views: 19

You dont see the relevance in a message where Oscar admits he fired the gun in the restaurant and got someone to cover it?
You don't think the jealous, controlling nature of oscar in these messages has any relevance at all even if it doesn't mean he is guilty?.

You really can't see the relevance that they confirm previous witness testimony about his controlling nature?

Yes, I see it says something about his character or Reeva's perceptions of him, but I don't see the relevance to murder.

You dont see the relevance in a message where Oscar admits he fired the gun in the restaurant and got someone to cover it?
You don't think the jealous, controlling nature of oscar in these messages has any relevance at all even if it doesn't mean he is guilty?.

Oh, I do think the message about Darren saying it's his fault is relevant. Forgot about that.

The others, I think they make Oscar look like a jerk. But what can be inferred from that exactly?

He didn't behave the way she liked? :waitasec:

Imo, I believe the point was that RS was scared of OP when he was angry.... and we have it in her own words.

Scared of him snapping at her. That is a far cry from being scared that he would physically harm her.

I have to disagree. Confirmation that at times he is a jealous, unreasonable man who appears to need to control her. I would have moved out of a relationship like this very quickly. They had only known each other 3 months when most guys would have been on their best behaviour but it seems he was unable to control his temper even at this early stage in their relationship.

My suspicion is that she ended the relationship after another row that evening but he locked the door and didn't let her leave the house. Though no proof of course. Perhaps more evidence will transpire later.

He didn't behave the way she liked? :waitasec:

we know he sure as hell didn't like her not liking the way he behaved. we have the mangled and slaughterd body of Reeva to tell us that.

We can now all clearly picture a furious OP on the night of the murder. Remember RS met up with her ex the day prior & OP txt her twice whilst she was with him. Are we going to see these txt messages?

Seriously - from complaining about her touching someone's arm, you can immediately jump to him being furious enough on Feb 14 to murder her?

I cannot make that leap.

Oh, I do think the message about Darren saying it's his fault is relevant. Forgot about that.

The others, I think they make Oscar look like a jerk. But what can be inferred from that exactly?

A jerk who flies into rages and lies to get his own way. One who also apparently knows what time of year he can take drugs without falling foul of drug testing rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ResortedOnce