Trial Discussion Thread #13 - 14.03.25, Day 15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummm. So who did OP think was threatening his security in the restaurant where he shot the gun off? The little kid at the next table maybe?

Nel wants to show OP's fears of break-ins were irrational, unreasonable. A small point, the other day I stumbled on a statistical web for SA crime figures and even though break-ins were high, apparently more in specific areas, there were incredibly few injuries or deaths related to burglaries.
OP's irrational and unreasonable behaviour cannot be denied. Although if Nel pushes this point too far, it could add credence to OP's statement as to why he acted the way he did. I'm not that sure this really helps the prosecution case with the charge of murder with intent.

OP's irrational and unreasonable behaviour cannot be denied. Although if Nel pushes this point too far, it could add credence to OP's statement as to why he acted the way he did. I'm not that sure this really helps the prosecution case with the charge of murder with intent.

It definitely shows that he didn't report any alleged crimes against him. That's a score.

But mental things like paranoia and hypochondria don't typically respond to statistics and probabilities. They're called irrational for a reason and could have other deep seeded causes. That his estate was a low crime area does not negate that he could have had a an unreasonable and overwhelming fear of being victimized. There's evidence showing this is a distinct possibility, actually.

Yes

But he needs an early lunch first... not an early start back though :)

Probably wants to take it to the end of the day. That's ok. He'll rest tomorrow, defense will make their motion, and then we could see OP on the stand.

Yes

But he needs an early lunch first... not an early start back though :)

So this "shooting rabbits" thing is in the house and he carries them and takes photos of them when he goes out - so can it mean photos of other women?

I can't imagine what Nel will do next. He does not have a case really... maybe a few character witnesses to say Nel not really so boring as he seems... a few witnesses to testify that he has actually won cases in the past?

It will be a bit much if OP comes up with a whole load of crimes against him, which he never reported. I wonder if some of the damage in his house might be blamed on these mysterious crimes?

I guess the judge will be in a position to know if such crimes tend to go unreported or not, with residents living in estates like this. She may live in a similar one herself.

So this "shooting rabbits" thing is in the house and he carries them and takes photos of them when he goes out - so can it mean photos of other women?
You mean as in Playboy Bunnies? :floorlaugh:

Enough with the rabbits....already :)

Well Roux said today that he is going to explain it when he presents the defense. So I am curious.

Grrr....we are not an inch nearer knowing anything more about what happened in the house that night. Except OP was surfing when supposedly asleep, I think?

OW yesterday tried to convince us a witness was asleep when she looked out of her window, so I suppose it's possible they'll argue their client can surf the net in his....

Nel wants lunch.

That state witness was a waste, I think. Sorry.

All we have learned it seems is that OP is going to claim he was a victim of multiple crimes, which he never bothered to report.
So it's just his word. Doesn't seem that bothered about 'multiple' crimes against him if he never bothered to report them.

I misheard it as 'Rabids". I was imagining OP's house teeming with horrible little Gremlin creatures.

I hope Roux and the team have a nice, color coded timeline chart... with circles and arrows and stuff.

Place all the State evidence points along it and the whole case will be clear. Especially the dopey notion that the shots were just after 3:17, yet OP was phoning at 3:19AM

Then I guess, the defense can get to the REAL case that should have been presented by the State ... which is explaining/justifying the fact that OP shot at what he genuinely thought was an intruder.

Grrr....we are not an inch nearer knowing anything more about what happened in the house that night. Except OP was surfing when supposedly asleep, I think?

OW yesterday tried to convince us a witness was asleep when she looked out of her window, so I suppose it's possible they'll argue their client can surf the net in his....

I was wondering if there would be any phone evidence or iPad evidence of either OP or RS being up after 10. Was there something at 1:48 in the morning or something like that? I think that's what I read. If so, did they say what was accessed?

THAT point was explained. The phone goes off accessing the internet all by itself. Doing updates, checking for mail etc. The GPRS events are not actually somebody using the phone, surfing the net etc.

Ah, I was correct. OP had the dentist appointment. So when Reeva said she was meeting Warren for coffee to pick up her mail but offered to make it another day, OP's only response was maybe she should go as he had a dentist appointment.

https://mobile.twitter.com/barrybateman

It definitely shows that he didn't report any alleged crimes against him. That's a score.

But mental things like paranoia and hypochondria don't typically respond to statistics and probabilities. They're called irrational for a reason and could have other deep seeded causes. That his estate was a low crime area does not negate that he could have had a an unreasonable and overwhelming fear of being victimized. There's evidence showing this is a distinct possibility, actually.
BBM

True...

but in that case, he would be found guilty on some of the counts, because he would not be acting like a reasonable person in the midst of that crisis. :panic:

It does appear from the msgs that Reeva and OP were lovey dovey days before the shooting, had arranged to spend time together, and were okay as Reeva and OP headed to the house too.

That it all went wrong just inside the house, night of Feb 14?

It appears she had offered to cook for him that night... either she got the menu wrong or because he had a bad experience at the dentist that day he didn't want to eat whatever? Is that the defense, he was out of his mind with a raw nerve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marjulius