Trial Discussion Thread #14 - 14.03.28, Day 16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy all,

I am not presuming guilt or innocence, but while trying to understand the defence model of what happened I found myself remembering times in the past when I was adrenalized and I did a little search on what that can do to one's perceptions.

I found this interesting with regards to Oscar not hearing any screaming from Reeva, not noticing her in the bed etc.

Perceived threat situations can cause:

Depth perception/Visual Distortion -- Things appear closer or larger than they are. For example the person waving a knife at you from across the room looks like he's inches away, suddenly grown 10 feet and waving a machete in your face. The reason for this distortion is you are entirely focused on the 'threat.'

Tunnel Vision -- Closely related to visual distortion, your peripheral vision can drop away and ALL you see is the threat.

Time Distortion -- Time slows or speeds up. This is the proverbial 'slow motion' effect. This is a result of your entire consciousness laser focusing on the danger.

Auditory Exclusion -- Your hearing can just go away because every brain cell you has is focused on the threat. To the point of you often won't hear gunshots going of within just a few feet.

http://www.nononsenseselfdefense.com/adrenal.htm

There is still a long way to go in this trial and there are lots of things that need to be explained by Oscar if he is to be believed. This is only a possible explanation if what he says is in fact what happened and I can honestly say I have no idea as to his guilt or innocence at this point in time.

:seeya:

So Reeva could have locked him out of the bedroom and he then smashed it in so she ran and locked herself in the loo?

That's a possibility, but it would suggest that the guy's an Olympian athlete and strong enough to bash in the bedroom door,
but he's not strong enough to stop Reeva overpowering him to get to the toilet?

I just can't picture him letting Reeva get to the toilet on purpose and then re-enacting a scene from The Shining.

Howdy all,

I am not presuming guilt or innocence, but while trying to understand the defence model of what happened I found myself remembering times in the past when I was adrenalized and I did a little search on what that can do to one's perceptions.

I found this interesting with regards to Oscar not hearing any screaming from Reeva, not noticing her in the bed etc.

There is still a long way to go in this trial and there are lots of things that need to be explained by Oscar if he is to be believed. This is only a possible explanation if what he says is in fact what happened and I can honestly say I have no idea as to his guilt or innocence at this point in time.

:welcome6:

As I keep running through what happened I think how unfortunate it was that Dr or Mrs Stipp didn't take a photo of the back of OP's house with the lights on etc. Most cellphones have cameras these days. I guess Dr Stipp was in a hurry to help whoever was in trouble and the scene did not seem important then. Call me suspicious (LOL) . I definitely would have taken a quick photo but that may be because I find the law and evidence quite fascinating.

Yep, it certainly would have helped.

I'm not sure of his age, although I think it tends to be younger males that are more phone savvy.
I still forget about the camera on my mobile, purely because I've never taken a lot of pictures.

That a possibility, but that would suggest that the guy's an Olympian athlete and strong enough to bash in the bedroom door,

I just can't picture him letting Reeva get to the toilet on purpose and then re-enacting a scene from The Shining.

Bit in bold: He didn't "let" her get to the toilet, she made her way there as he was trying to break through the bedroom doors.

Bit that is underlined: But he did reenact the scene from the shining, only difference is he used a gun, not a knife.

That a possibility, but that would suggest that the guy's an Olympian athlete and strong enough to bash in the bedroom door,

Overpowering him? :waitasec: In that scenario, I imagine her running to the bathroom and shutting herself in the loo while he's bashing the bedroom door in.

Overpowering him? :waitasec: In that scenario, I imagine her running to the bathroom and shutting herself in the loo while he's bashing the bedroom door in.

If that door has been bashed in, it's been charged through in seconds. If it had been hit with a bat or similar, it would have taken a while, and would be in a similar state as the bathroom door.

Does the damage look similar to the bathroom door to anyone?

Oscar threw in a bit of 'Psycho' as well. except gun for knife.. and it all ended up looking like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre...

I suspect Oscar with the glasses has a touch of him trying to look like Tony Perkins in 'Psycho,' too. He thinks those glasses give him gravitas. Along with his religious book he keeps reading... trying to look like a candidate for the seminary.

thanks for your post, NF..

this bit.. Depth perception/Visual Distortion -- Things appear closer or larger than they are. For example the person waving a knife at you from across the room looks like he's inches away, suddenly grown 10 feet and waving a machete in your face. The reason for this distortion is you are entirely focused on the 'threat.'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

would it be possible for a closed door to look like a 10ft person waving a knife???

( serious question )

One things for sure, whatever the outcome I could make a great movie out of some of the theories.

:popcorn:

That's a possibility, but it would suggest that the guy's an Olympian athlete and strong enough to bash in the bedroom door,

Not to mention he is still on his stumps at this point...

Howdy all,

:welcome:

And great first post!

:goodpost:

One things for sure, whatever the outcome I could make a great movie out of some of the theories.

aww me too .. my fave theory is the Collaboration theory.. yes indeedy.. ..

all the ear witnesses belong to a secret club.. its called the No Oscar in My Backyard Club.. the NOIMBC. ...

they plot, they plan.. they meet, they even have a NOIMBC teapot, and they have induction ceremonies.. . all they have to do is just wait.. wait wait for that wretched Oscar to put a foot wrong, pardon me, a prosthetic foot wrong and ... well. the rest is history.

thanks for your post, NF..

this bit.. Depth perception/Visual Distortion -- Things appear closer or larger than they are. For example the person waving a knife at you from across the room looks like he's inches away, suddenly grown 10 feet and waving a machete in your face. The reason for this distortion is you are entirely focused on the 'threat.'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

would it be possible for a closed door to look like a 10ft person waving a knife???

( serious question )

LOL!!!! :goodpost: :floorlaugh:

I imagine Roux will have an expert called to discuss things like tunnel vision, depth distortion, flight or flee, all that, noisy. Good find.

Everyone may be getting bedroom door wrong. The bedroom door had been smashed open from the outside prior to the murder, so it was no longer locked. There is no way OP was locked inside the bedroom! :smile: :cool:

Yes, of course. :tyou:

Not to mention he is still on his stumps at this point...

Actually he was on his prosthetics at that point, using them to bash / barge through his bedroom doors along with the bat. Has everyone looked at the damage that OP did to his bedroom doors and his prosthetics? He really damaged the door and the front portions of his prosthetics very badly from doing that.

Here is a link:

http://juror13lw.wordpress.com/

Agreed. He added a minor detail. If he outright changed something or one account was vastly different from the next, filled with inconsistencies, that would be a problem. So far, every account he's made has lined up. He remembered he'd spoken to her so added the detail. It's not like he completely fabricates something, the way Mrs. Stipp did, for instance.

I respectfully disagree. It is not a minor detail at all . In the end of the day she's killed a few minutes later and that's the last conversation between them if ever happened in the way OP mentions. Being asleep or awake at the time are completely different things and either one is a fabrication .
As for Mrs. Stipp , she has no reason to fabricate something, and honestly she corrected what she thought she saw ..jmo

LOL A film has already been started, apparently. I posted a few days ago about this. Perhaps we should email them to tell them to come and read WS.:floorlaugh:

Actually he was on his prosthetics at that point, using them to bash / barge through his bedroom doors along with the bat. Has everyone looked at the damage that OP did to his bedroom doors and his prosthetics? He really damaged the door and the front portions of his prosthetics very badly from doing that.

Here is a link:

http://juror13lw.wordpress.com/

Thanks for that.

Ok, so if we can presume for one second that he barged through the door, then it has to be quite possible that Reeva wouldn't have enough time to escape to the bathroom.
He also wouldn't have to be next to her as he had his (alleged) bat.

If I'd seen the bedroom door with the same damage as the toilet door (before it was reconstructed) I'd be more than willing to give the theory a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member