Trial Discussion Thread #14 - 14.03.28, Day 16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Estelle, where did you hear this? I'm having trouble finding any info on the assessor' relationship to Natalie du Toit. Thanks!

Found this reference in an article:

As it got under way, Judge Thokozile Masipa, who will come to a decision at the end of the trial, and assessors Janet Henzen-Du Toit and Themba Mazibuko, heard Pistorius formally deny the murder of Ms Steenkamp.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/oscar-pistorius-murder-trial-blade-3203538#ixzz2xFK2UGMi

also"

Assessor Jannette Henzen Du Toit not well. Sister of Natalie Du Toit who is an Olympian with 1 leg. There a friend of Oscars #oscartrial
http://inagist.com/all/449459964583870464/

Estelle, where did you hear this? I'm having trouble finding any info on the assessor' relationship to Natalie du Toit. Thanks!

A female South African posted it on twitter but she is not a journalist that I have ever heard of so I did not give the link. But I thought it was interesting enough to draw attention to it. That is why I typed "apparently".

They would be sure to know each other and mix in the same circles as Natalie has also competed in able bodied events in swimming for South Africa. I have never heard of her before.

Totally devastated about the postponement until the 7th :-( Surely only good news for Oscar. Allow people to forget everything incriminating thus far, not uppermost in anyone's mind. Allowing the waters to settle. And lots of extra prep time for the defense . . . . .

Not such heightened expectations for Oscar taking the stand if it's a week overdue :-P

http://citizen.co.za/151019/grieving-mothers-united-by-pain/

Two bereaved mothers whose daughters died at the hands of the men who professed to love them will support each other at the North Gauteng High Court today where their daughters’ alleged murderers are appearing in courtrooms only metres apart.

I hope both families will see true Justice for their slain loved ones and that these killers get the sentence they truly deserve !!!

Yes, but you are not telling the whole story!!

When the security first arrived, they phoned the assessor’s husband while the poor, sick assessor was passed out on the floor, the husband told the security personnel, “Security, Everything is fine.”

The poor women was screaming in agony, or was it her husband?....

Sky news reporting that the defence and prosecution have came to an agreement that OP won't be first to take the stand.

It has been agreed between the defensive and prosecution that the DT pathologist will go before OP under exceptional reasons.

It has been agreed between the defensive and prosecution that the DT pathologist will go before OP under exceptional reasons.

Thank you for that. Pathologist role being in regard to Oscar's psychological state on 13/14th Feb 2013 ???? Or something else?

I'm not convinced that the defence will be to happy about this break, there has to be some kind of reason why Roux wanted to come back on a friday rather than wait till monday?.

Thank you for that. Pathologist role being in regard to Oscar's psychological state on 13/14th Feb 2013 ???? Or something else?

A pathologist is the medical examiner. I assume he's there to rebut the testimony of the state's pathologist.

Yes, but you are not telling the whole story!!

When the security first arrived, they phoned the assessor’s husband while the poor, sick assessor was passed out on the floor, the husband told the security personnel, “Security, Everything is fine.”

I should be too embarrassed to say this but now that the trial's on hiatus(!) whenever I hear Pistorius said “everything is fine” or his version “I’m ok” - I hear that Lego movie song in my head and Pistorius is singing “Everything is Awwwesooome, Everything is cool, When you’re part of a team!”
:great:

Back on track: this delay doesn't exactly make you have faith in the efficiency of the system.

A pathologist is the medical examiner. I assume he's there to rebut the testimony of the state's pathologist.

Thank you. Regarding ballistics, trajectories and order of shots etc?? Surely those are facts though and all pathologists would arrive at the same conclusion, i.e. 2 +2 = 4

Procedurally, is this normal or exceptional? Thanks

Basic fairness. Aren't they vetted to ensure there are no links/familiarities with the accused? Like when you work for a particular company who hold a competition. Neither employees nor related family or friends can validly enter said competition LOL

If this association fact between Oscar and the assessor is true.

Exactly and especially since the assessors are essential to the deciding of the case.

There always seems to be "exceptional circumstances" as far as OP is concerned.

I read that it is a rule that the accused goes first and now he has more time to prepare, does not have to be filmed giving testimony and the Assessor could be married to the brother of another famous Olympian and they have probably mixed in the same social circles. It appears that Natalie could be SA's most famous female Paralympian and OP SA's most famous male Paralympian.

How many other advantages can be be given???

I should be too embarrassed to say this but now that the trial's on hiatus(!) whenever I hear Pistorius said “everything is fine” or his version “I’m ok” - I hear that Lego movie song in my head and Pistorius is singing “Everything is Awwwesooome, Everything is cool, When you’re part of a team!”
:great:

Back on track: this delay doesn't exactly make you have faith in the efficiency of the system.

One would expect that there should have been a reserve Assessor. Think of all the inconvenience and expense this will incur to everyone.

Their voices intermingled...

.. and my view is that his 'help, help, help' was mocking her .. I obviously don't know if I am right or not but that is my impression and what I can imagine would've happened if it had been a domestic violence situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08