Trial Discussion Thread #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reggie the expert pathologist for the DT is going to have to do a magic trick to demonstrate that OP shot a rapid succession Double Tap of two bullets and hit Reeva in the head first and then the what? as she immediately fell? Something tells me that whatever he comes up with Nel will elicit testimony from the ballistics experts, both DT and PT, that will not support it. :smile: This too is going to be good!!'

Oh, I forgot (I need more coffee!), to hit Reeva in the head first she would need to be sitting or crouching on the floor!

How many red flags does one need before one sees that OP's story simply can not be true as he has stated it?

The timeline is a pesky thing that shows his story is lacking and IMO full of lies.

Then we also have the ear witnesses, the ballistics expert, witnesses that have witnessed OP's bad behavior in the past, the text messages, the eye witness that saw OP trot along upstairs instead of staying with his "beloved", etc.

With all of the things that OP has to "explain away", I expect him to be on the witness stand for at least three days

MOO

Well.. It wouldn't last that long imo.. apparently all that we will hear from him will be his sobbing and crying and how deeply they were in love , how scared and vulnerable poor he was ...oh I almost forgot and that he screams in a woman's voice...add that a touching siblings praying session :jail:

Reggie the expert pathologist for the DT is going to have to do a magic trick to demonstrate that OP shot a rapid succession Double Tap of two bullets and hit Reeva in the head first and then the what? as she immediately fell? Something tells me that whatever he comes up with Nel will elicit testimony from the ballistics experts, both DT and PT, that will not support it. :smile: This too is going to be good!!'

Oh, I forgot (I need more coffee!), to hit Reeva in the head first she would need to be sitting or crouching on the floor!

BBM

And then somehow stand up, face the door, with a fatal through & through head wound that totally incapacitated her so that OP could then shoot her in the hip.

Based on Captain Mangena's expert ballistics testimony, and based on Dr. Saayman's expert medical testimony, and based on good ol' common sense, there's absolutely no way for that scenario to have occurred in this universe.

It has been reported in the MSM that OP has a Forensic Geologist as an expert witness. I found that odd so I researched and after that I found it even more odd! The specialty when applied to criminal law is generally what you think it is, soil from a specific known location on the suspect's shoe and so on - Sherlock Holmes comes to mind.

The expert is forensic geologist Roger Dixon. Here is one snippet about his work that I found:
"Roger joined the Forensic Science Laboratory in Pretoria in 1994, where he is presently involved in research into the mineralogy of the Argent deposits and in novel methods of crime detection."

http://wwwu.edu.uni-klu.ac.at/mmessner/collectors/roger/roger.htm

I can't wait to hear what evidence this expert has, I love Sherlock Holmes! :smile:

I think Mr. Dixon is going to be OPs batman:

Forensic Scientist
SAPS Forensic Science Laboratory
August 1994 - December 2012 (18 years 5 months)
Head of Materials Analysis at the Forensic Science Laboratory in Silverton, Pretoria. This laboratory is maintained by the South African Police Service, and I had the rank of Colonel.

https://touch.www.linkedin.com/?ses...p://za.linkedin.com/pub/roger-dixon/8/a79/926

It has been reported in the MSM that OP has a Forensic Geologist as an expert witness. I found that odd so I researched and after that I found it even more odd! The specialty when applied to criminal law is generally what you think it is, soil from a specific known location on the suspect's shoe and so on - Sherlock Holmes comes to mind.

The expert is forensic geologist Roger Dixon. Here is one snippet about his work that I found:
"Roger joined the Forensic Science Laboratory in Pretoria in 1994, where he is presently involved in research into the mineralogy of the Argent deposits and in novel methods of crime detection."

http://wwwu.edu.uni-klu.ac.at/mmessner/collectors/roger/roger.htm

I can't wait to hear what evidence this expert has, I love Sherlock Holmes! :smile:

Interesting indeed!

I have a feeling this Roger Dixon may testify to crime scene contamination. Roux's strategy thus far has been to try to discredit several of the investigators' testimony by pointing to alleged contamination. I think this expert may bring in evidence pertaining to police shoe prints.

Of course, this is just a guess. Thoughts, anyone?

Ahhh! Good find, Viper!

So he's the head of materials analysis. Now I'm thinking about OP's sock fibers on the toilet door that Roux mentioned.

Ahhh! Good find, Viper!

So he's the head of materials analysis. Now I'm thinking about OP's sock fibers on the toilet door that Roux mentioned.

Indeed! To both of your previous posts! It gets curiouser and curiouser... LOL!

I personally never put much weight on the "crime scene contamination" issue because neither side is disputing who the killer is, and they have the murder weapon; but I see what you are saying about the socks and muddying the water and such. It should make for a good show! But I just don't see how any of that could sway the judges.

I've been thinking of that door and the bat sounds...

First those panels doesn't seem to have fallen down with bashing with the bat., no crashes ,no breaking into pieces , a few traces only but big blocks which makes me feel the bat's narrow side was used on the right side of the door as shown in the court and then blocks taken off with hand.. Thus not making much noise from the bat ..

I would suggest a similar door on the court again and make OP show how he opened that door with the bat making gunshot noices ..

Having said that I wonder if it was Reeva hitting the door and trying to make noices from the door while shouting for help .. There was no other wayin the loo to make herself heard .. It makes more sense to me now ...:scared:

For anyone interested, Jannie van der Westhuizen is an expert on blood splatter; the bedroom wall above the left side may likely be on Nels agenda for his x-exam. And thomas wolmarans is the ballistics expert, his website:

http://www.ballisticforensic.co.za/index.html

what does it matter to anyone as to whom has one opinion and whom has another??

I simply do not see the problem. I mean. .. its not as if this is actually the real court in Pretoria, is it??

people can think he is guilty , people can think he is innocent, what does it matter?

That's correct. If anything it shows us the difficulty many jury's must face. I certainly don't envy the foreperson/presiding juror in jury trials. :smile:

It will also be interesting to me to see how OP explains that he has been a victim of numerous crimes before that night, none were reported to the authorities. And Nel went a step further by putting on the record that even a mispelling of OPs name would still be in the database. This should be good!

Do you think he may say, 'if I wasn't a victim of crime before, I am now. Where's my watches?'

:giggle:

To my mind, there's really only one thing the State has to convince the judge is true:
Screams first
Gunshots second.

The animation company is The Evidence Room:

http://www.evidence-room.net/

They do more than just videos, so IMO its probably not likely we will see 15-20 minutes of OP in cartoon form screaming and crying before jumping in to action and dialing Stander. Too bad really, I would like to watch all of that time go by...

I've just started to follow the OP case and am finding it quite interesting. I had a couple of questions regarding the toilet door.

The door to the toilet was locked. Oscar says he broke the door with the cricket bat and found the key on the floor.

My questions are:

1. Was the key on the floor in the toilet room where Reeva was?
2. If the key was on Reeva's side of the toilet room and OP didn't have his legs, how was he able to reach through the crack in the door to reach the floor and pick up the key?

Thank you

Has it actually been confirmed the key was on the floor? I had just automatically assumed that when Reeva locked herself in the toilet cubicle (for whatever reason .. either to take a pee, or in order to try and get away from an impending threat) that the key would already be in the lock on the inside (surely that would just be there all the time?) and all she would've needed to have done is just turn the key? So, if that was the case .. then why would she have needed to take the key out, why would it be on the floor or somewhere on Reeva, and why would OP have needed to have reached right in to fetch it (in order to unlock the door from the outside) .. surely all he would've had to do is break enough of the door to put his hand around to the key in the other side of the lock, then either turn it in situ or take it out and turn the lock from the outside (which is where it did actually end up as the photographic evidence shows).

do 'dum dum bullets kill and mutilate??? even though they are called by some with such a fuzzy wuzzy name??

or the converse.. because they are called a supposed less threatening name, do they then cause less damage and savagery?

they could be named Sweet Lollipops, but the photos of a body riddled with them still looks horrific.

My point was to try and not buy into the pitch that these are special bullets for a specific purpose, they're not.
I put it to you that a shot to the head with any bullet would not look a great deal more different. Nobody loads a gun for self defence with bullets intended not to kill.

If you don't intend to kill, don't have a gun.

* the owning of a gun is a topic far too big, and would detract from the thread.

I've just started to follow the OP case and am finding it quite interesting. I had a couple of questions regarding the toilet door.

The door to the toilet was locked. Oscar says he broke the door with the cricket bat and found the key on the floor.

My questions are:

1. Was the key on the floor in the toilet room where Reeva was?
2. If the key was on Reeva's side of the toilet room and OP didn't have his legs, how was he able to reach through the crack in the door to reach the floor and pick up the key?

Thank you

:wagon:

Hi everyone. Happy Sunday and Mothers' Day :-D

A few issues I have: Why 4 shots? Do they possibly correlate with words spoken by Oscar ? E.g. "you lied to me", "say you love me" or "GET OUT MY HOUSE!!" More bullets were available. Why did he stop at 4?

Toilet cubicle key, if it was indeed inside, it would've had blood on it during the firing, thus likely he indeed locked her in and had the key all along. That is plausible imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper