Trial Discussion Thread #19 - 14.04.07, Day 17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't we both saying the same thing? Over or on top of is the same thing, right? Anyway the two ways are pants and prosthetics still together as when being worn, and pants and prosthetics not together but the pants DRAPED over the prosthetics. :thumb:

LOL I thought you meant folded on top of his prosthetics, ie folded in a neat pile but separate to.

LOL I thought you meant folded on top of his prosthetics, ie folded in a neat pile but separate to.

Roux questioned OP on this, asked why he did not put the clothes 'separate to'. OP said he was embarrassed to have something he regarded as 'part of his body' exposed. I think I understand that actually. People don't leave dentures on open display either, usually.

I thought many of his responses were typical of someone who had been coached.

Yes, but I think most of what we heard today was material he has told a thousand times before for magazines and TV interviews. Sometimes I felt I had heard it word for word before. His childhood, his mother, his sports accomplishments, overcoming his disability...even the boat accident It is only when we got to the contracters, the dogs, the broken window that we started to hear some new stories. And those parts seemed to ramble and include lots of unneeded detail. Probably nervous. Or maybe a strategy. IMO.

Roux questioned OP on this, asked why he did not put the clothes 'separate to'. OP said he was embarrassed to have something he regarded as 'part of his body' exposed. I think I understand that actually. People don't leave dentures on open display either, usually.

I had a telephone call during this part and I was trying to listen to the proceedings too. Not a good idea. I just won't answer the phone next time :floorlaugh:.

From that link:

'In a detail that could prove vital to the defence case, he said he struggled to balance on his stumps.'

"It throws my weight off completely,” he said. “I don't have balance as such, if I have to stand without holding onto something. I have to move around continuously."

So that's why the DT had to have him on legs for the door banging. His moving around continuously on stumps and hitting his target 3 out of 4 times is even more amazing though.

And yet OP was able to bring in either one or two fans from out on the balcony to inside the house without his "legs" on. I wonder how he will be able to explain that one. I hope that the State can bring in the video of OP getting along just fine without his "legs" on to prove that OP has lied on the stand.

ETA: Thanks to all that transcribed what happened in court today!

Who is Dewani?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121605&highlight=dewani

I was all alone there in the thread. He and his wife were 'carjacked' in South Africa on honeymoon, though 3 SA citizens have now been found guilty and sentenced to Derwani's wife Anni's murder. They say, at her new husband's request. And payment of a few thousand dollars...Derwani's a Brit and has been fighting extradition back to SA, because of mental incapacity.

ETA: Sorry, sp. Dewani, not DeRwani.

:floorlaugh: If you want a belly laugh sometime, go back to page 3 when Nel started hammering Botha! People on both sides of this were either freaking out or laughing or just stunned!!! :floorlaugh:

Yes, but I think most of what we heard today was material he has told a thousand times before for magazines and TV interviews. Sometimes I felt I had heard it word for word before. His childhood, his mother, his sports accomplishments, overcoming his disability...even the boat accident It is only when we got to the contracters, the dogs, the broken window that we started to hear some new stories. And those parts seemed to ramble and include lots of unneeded detail. Probably nervous. Or maybe a strategy. IMO.

Yes, I agree, it could well be that much of what he had to say he has said so many times before that he can repeat it by rote. I think he is really going to struggle when Nel starts firing questions at him. I actually think Nel won't be so forceful on him as he was on the Professor but he definitely won't allow OP to get away with anything. With the Professor, as a professional who should be able to argue his case as well as Nel does, it was fair game.

OMG you are right. Wasn't there one with cricketer Ian Botham too though?

I like Shredded Wheat, though they are like sawdust as well, really.
Yes the ad I remember had Ian Botham in it but I just inserted the first link that came up. They are like sawdust until you soak them in hot milk for a few minutes. Talking of breakfast cereal, what's the food like in SA prisons, I wonder. And does anyone know, if OP is found guilty, will he get special treatment on account of his disability? Ian Huntley, serving life for murder (in the UK) has all sorts of privileges, designer clothes, a choice of meals from a fancy menu, personal Freeview TV, a Sony CD player, stereo and Nintendo games console etc etc. It seems rather excessive for a child murderer, doesn't it? I'm not sure what kind of special privileges disabled prisoners get here in the UK, but I'd think that someone with OP's problems would be granted their own room at least?

I thought the stuff he'd spoken of before came across loud, confident and clear. It was only the incidents where there were suggestions he was drunk, aggressive or reckless that he defaulted to the stilted language?

I feel as though there is a lack of presumption of innocence in this forum. Regardless of whether we individually feel there is guilt or innocence, is it not better to save some of the OP-bashing, at least until we reach a verdict? It can make quite uncomfortable reading... :twocents:

I've heard the killer's version of events.

The killer did not presume whoever he shot at behind the toilet door was innocent before he murdered them.

And after hearing 5 witnesses describe with 100% certainty they heard a woman screaming before gunshots, I decided that the killer is a lying murderer.

I'm not responsible for how you feel when you read my opinion. How you feel is your choice.

Was there a photo taken of the new glass pane already present on morning of 14th Feb? Evidence.

Nel's professional nickname when cross examining is "The Bulldog"

Reeva's urine or poo could only have been in toilet bowl pre-death, as her bottom wasn't near it after death, to deposit. Her head, arm, upper body was slumped over toilet bowl.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121605&highlight=dewani

I was all alone there in the thread. He and his wife were 'carjacked' in South Africa on honeymoon, though 3 SA citizens have now been found guilty and sentenced to Derwani's wife Anni's murder. They say, at her new husband's request. And payment of a few thousand dollars...Derwani's a Brit and has been fighting extradition back to SA, because of mental incapacity.

ETA: Sorry, sp. Dewani, not DeRwani.

Thanks Zwie, I think I saw a documentary on it

In most of those possibilities though, she would be sideways on to the door (one way or the other) not standing directly behind the door, facing it head on .. when is anyone ever in that position in a toilet cubicle with a layout like the one in OP's house? She may have been facing the door directly like that for a split second only, and highly unlikely he hit her at that actual point in time, she would be more likely sideways on to the door, just about to pull her shorts down/up, or just generally faffing around in there. The fact she was face on to the door indicates to me that she was hiding in there, and possibly even trapped in there (him having locked her in from the outside) and her on the inside hammering on the door to get him to unlock it and let her out.

IF Oscar is telling the truth it is easy to imagine her quietly locking the door and standing at the door trying to determine what was going on. It is exactly what I expect I would do.

:floorlaugh: If you want a belly laugh sometime, go back to page 3 when Nel started hammering Botha! People on both sides of this were either freaking out or laughing or just stunned!!! :floorlaugh:

He had been so quiet during the PT evidence; made me feel he was quite sure of his case. However, I admit I was quited stunned once he started. No rambling like Roux (who I always felt he was trying to think something up on the spot but failing and could be slyly very nasty without trying too hard). As For Oldbug"er or whatever his name is - he seemed to quite lose the plot at times and to argue with the judge is a definite no no. Miserable looking blighter IMO whereas Roux has a somewhat cherubic face. I think I shall refer to him as Rambling Roux (Rose) and set it to music - LOL.

Must try harder :smile:

The window need not have been on a photograph, I can't see the purpose of it. All it could do is mislead...hmm.

If that pane is in OP's garage, the PT knew without a doubt it was there prior to submitting the pre-trial photographs.

I completely agree. Completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member